[Game Update] - 350563

11 minutes ago, goboking said:

Wild planting wasn't a thing a few weeks ago.  If you were enjoying the game then, it stands to reason you should be able to enjoy it now.

Once a man has seen the light, he can't go back to the blissful ignorance he left.

11 minutes ago, goboking said:

Wild planting wasn't a thing a few weeks ago.  If you were enjoying the game then, it stands to reason you should be able to enjoy it now.

This. What Klei did with that whole no "autoplanting-in-the-wild" is nothing more than a rollback to QoL3. The only consequence is that the Locavore achievement is suddenly harder to complete ^^

2 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:
  • Seed self-planting has been disabled again. Wild plants will no longer replant themselves if they get uprooted.
  • Pips are more picky about where they plant seeds, and won't crowd wild plants too close together.

This is stupid and pointless and changes nothing but makes gameplay more tedious micro.

Just make a room with natural floor tiles, and build normal tiles over top except for 1. Stick a pip in the room and it'll plant the seed in the 1 open tile. Deconstruct 1 tile at a time until all seeds have been planted.

No different than using storage containers to plant seeds, except you have to wait till cycle 10 to get a Ranching skill.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

image.png.6160e3d957da472509a5839ba0f9f5ac.png

Am I missing something?

image.thumb.png.477fb7c75ced7a12bffc159a941c4a16.png

edited:

Found the "X," but when it drops it hangs in the air, similar to last patch's pips messing with seeds from storage containers.

image.thumb.png.29190554c44f8ca046c080a09e2b447a.png

Edited by foosda
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheIceD said:

POIs are still undeconstructable :(

Guys, come on, we can deconstruct really useful anti entropy generator but can't remove fscking derelict table...

Those damn tables...they completely ruined my flooring of one area between my base and a cool slush geyser, which I wanted to do because it needed insulation to not ruin the caustic biome below.

Gas does not flow to the next available vent again :/

liquid does not path to next available building like aquatuners and desalinator and  water sieves

Guys you really need to do a little testing before releasing a patch

now i have 2 options:

cannot play until the next patch

start a new game

That is really annoying

• Like 4

Just now, Nebbie said:

Those damn tables...they completely ruined my flooring of one area between my base and a cool slush geyser, which I wanted to do because it needed insulation to not ruin the caustic biome below.

Just wondering - how can you ruin caustic biome MORE than it is? I'm getting rid of one ATM and it's best one can do with it :)

15 minutes ago, jmf35 said:

This is stupid and pointless and changes nothing but makes gameplay more tedious micro.

Just make a room with natural floor tiles, and build normal tiles over top except for 1. Stick a pip in the room and it'll plant the seed in the 1 open tile. Deconstruct 1 tile at a time until all seeds have been planted.

No different than using storage containers to plant seeds, except you have to wait till cycle 10 to get a Ranching skill.

They already prevent that. what they mean with "Pips are more picky" is applying range detection to other wild plants. We cannot have a tight spot anymore.

10 minutes ago, TheIceD said:

POIs are still undeconstructable :(

Guys, come on, we can deconstruct really useful anti entropy generator but can't remove fscking derelict table...

Basically the only Mod i ever installed is the one that allows the Destruction of POI's annoying little table's that are not usefull for anything...

• Like 2

Just now, Dead_eye said:

Basically the only Mod i ever installed is the one that allows the Destruction of POI's annoying little table's that are not usefull for anything...

Not working on launch_testing ;)

And yes, I used only two mods - this one and always3interests (or smth) - to have my dupes with zero stats to watch them improve and assign skills accordingly (but now it's redundant - new skill/stats system is much better, thank you).

Just now, Dead_eye said:

Erm the POI Mod works for me perfectly fine... The 3 Interest one can't work anymore they changed the complete Layout of the Files.

Hmm - was defo broken for me, will try again. Anyway, devs, it's most popular mod. Just add this functionality and make Snaeng (author) one of dupe's name...

I find using pips to spread seeds less tedious than placing compactors everywhere you want to plant then setting them all up.

Question is, can they plant water weeds underwater and in sand?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TheIceD said:

Just wondering - how can you ruin caustic biome MORE than it is? I'm getting rid of one ATM and it's best one can do with it :)

By cooling it down to where the plants no longer grow and thus missing out on a bunch of free stuff from them. Pincha pepper in particular does not give a damn about what type of gas it's in, but it does care about temperature.

Klei dev1:  Hey, what should I use for the input values on the new plant and food?

Klei dev2:  Just pick some numbers dude, someone on the forums will do the math and we'll just fix it later.  Just get it done, it's crunch time!

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

23 minutes ago, thejohn1567 said:

Tofu is a nice addition, but it's only 2400 kcal over 21 days, so like 9 plants per dupe, which is atrocious.

But how many errands per dupe-day of kcals, this to me is more important

Just now, avc15 said:

But how many errands per dupe-day of kcals, this to me is more important

Non-automated irrigation, almost double what sleets need.

Non-automated fertilization, if I'm right, dupes always drop 3 days worth.

Harvesting, about as often as sleets.

This is all given you'd need roughly 4 times as many nosh bean plants.

Gas Bridges now overwrite and duplicate gasses that enter the bridge with an awaiting packet. I have a Electrolyzer setup that just produced over 750kg of Hydrogen in about 2 Minutes; and no Oxygen. I'm actually not sure what was so bad about the old fluid dynamics that needed this update :D

https://clips.twitch.tv/TenderArtisticHippoLitty

Edited by Ayka
Added Clip
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2