Guys this is when you cross the line

This type of mod, one that essentially lets you own something that you normally should pay for, is nothing more than piracy. IIRC, Klei had a policy on mods that they’ll allow anything, except ones that give the player something they should otherwise have to pay/play for. At the time, this only was about skins, but entire characters would be included in that policy as well. Expect this mod to be shut down. As it should, in my opinion.

I have some issues with klei but there's no denying their generosity. They give far more then they receive. 

I don't really care for pirating or even if you yourself do it, but if you're going to do it dont lie about your motives and try to reason why you're doing it/shape it to seem as though they're bad guys and what you're doing is somehow noble.

Own up to it. You're stealing, and that's that.

51 minutes ago, leonseye said:

For years, Wortox was a mod before his in-game files were actually used officially. /shrug

Sure,  but mods like "Wortox the demon prince" or "Wortox the demon king" were both drastically different to the official Wortox and were released ages ago. This mod appears under the "most recent" tab and is presumably,  from the title,  just free wortox. 

Keep in mind those mods were based on the scrapped concept character wortox became 

Should we call the devs so they take it down?

This should get removed ,i really dont understand Klei and this community they are giving so much stuff for free and you do this?

Shame on this community ,if i was Klei i would make more things payable,poor people barly can aford servers to host.

30 minutes ago, GentlemanFridge said:

@leonseye, surely that’s a different character mod altogether? I can’t imagine the creators of the mod you mentioned knew exactly what his abilities would be years ahead from his actual implementation.

Do you perhaps have a link to the page of it?

Nah, of course not.

But interestingly enough, a lot of his mechanics did remain fairly similar to the mod.

1 hour ago, JosePapp said:

Look i love free stuff aa much as tge next guy, but when Klei is giving us a free dlc in exchange of  paying for optional characters i think this is too low. Especially if you can get them for free using spools.

What do y'all think of this "free wortox" mod? 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1790142609

Smh....just disrespectful. And highly ungrateful. 

Guys chill. The mod doesn't even work. The game craches as theres already Wortox character, so Im pretty sure he just copied all the assets he could find in the code and put it together.

That being said it is a real problem as everything's already in the game files so if you were to spend a little more time you could totally make a mod of "Mortox" which would work. Sadly besides deleting those mods from the workshop, theres not much Klei can do given pretty much entire game is open source.

3 hours ago, JosePapp said:

Yeah just report the mod with the flag icon, and Klei'll be able to see it in the reported mods section on their moderator panels.

I've already done it here, but more reports doesn't hurt.

6 hours ago, JosePapp said:

I just find it funny that implementing dlcs and other premium features like characters is strictly prohibitet by klei, but on the other hand Porting Shipwrecked and hamlet to DST is perfectly fine, even tho those actually cost money and you can get Wortox for free via spools

2 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

how do I throat punch someone through the internet?

Seriously tho, why so much salt? I get it, it's bad and should be taken down, but come on, it's just a mod that you can whip in one afternoon which I bet many people already have and someone finally decided to post it. I'm sure many people have already made that port and just kept it to themself tho, it only requires changing a few names in code

13 minutes ago, Skrzelik said:

Seriously tho, why so much salt? I get it, it's bad and should be taken down, but come on, it's just a mod that you can whip in one afternoon which I bet many people already have and someone finally decided to post it. I'm sure many people have already made that port and just kept it to themself tho, it only requires changing a few names in code

It’s actually illegal my dude. What’s not to get? Yeah, let's not get mad at people doing illegal things. 

46 minutes ago, Skrzelik said:

Porting Shipwrecked and hamlet to DST is perfectly fine, even tho those actually cost money

But thats that.

Klei isn't working on those so they gave the green flag to modder to do whatever they can.

34 minutes ago, Kuba5565 said:

But these are made to play multiplayer and have little differences, if think Klei even helped to make them.

Exactly. Maybe porting Wortox to DS as a mod would be ok, but enabling him on DST for free should be a no-no.

Archived