The future of singleplayer?

Hornete

Mostly a question for the devs but, Is that all the DLC we'll be getting for Don't Starve? Will there be any more content updates?, Im thinking possibly an update for Hamlet just like the Home sea Home update for shipwrecked that came a year later. Is there anything else that will be coming?

31 minutes ago, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

For the future, I hope for a large content update to Hamlet, in similar vein to Home Sea Home, and then a smaller update to SW, to tie up its loose ends.

I really do hope that this happens. Shipwrecked got LOADS of new content after Early Access ended, and it would be a shame if Hamlet was denied that same attention.

12 hours ago, Namelessgamer said:

I want to see character rebalance and overhaul, Starting with Warly Walani and Willow.

Warly, in particular, ought to be easily rebalanceable. All they need to do is make the cheese method of gulping down 3 meatballs at a time not viable by penalising repeat meals even more than they already do. If one just follows a self-imposed rule of not using that cheese, then I find Warly very enjoyable.

19 hours ago, Namelessgamer said:

I want to see character rebalance and overhaul, Starting with Warly Walani and Willow.

in a singleplayer game where different characters offer different difficulties, i think it's fine the way it is

with the exception of those characters you mentioned maybe warly?

Since willow is actually good in singleplayer and walani is just wilson for shipwrecked

Personally, i wanna see expansions to the mants, and iron/alloys

Iron ingot walls, and structures for iron/alloy in general.

Better drops from the bosses (because lets be honest, there not good, maybe the snake bone soup?)

More content for the mants and there homes would be nice too

I just want Klei to add literally anything of value to Humid Season. Not only is the fog a huge drag, which I'm fine with tbh, but there's absolutely no resources exclusive to the season. By contrast, Lush Season gives you the opportunity to gather Jungle Burrs, Blooming Tubers and Bramble Bulbs, the latter of which lets you craft 2 different items.

Oh, and maybe something for Ro Bin and the BFB, who are both incredibly meh.

What I would like to see in order of highest to lowest priority:

-Worldgen issues resolved (Holes, separate "islands", giant patches of empty turf in the Pig City, and taking 15 minutes to generate a "large" world)

-Some good end-game content similar to Thulecite or Obsidian (Hard to get, but very worth it)

-ANY REASON WHATSOEVER TO NOT STOP THE APORKALYPSE.

-More seasonal content, islands, and mobs in Hamlet (Snapdragons, Spider MONKEYS (not apes), etc.)

-A new end-game area that generates as a separate world, more akin to the vast RoG Ruins than to the small interiors.

-BFB as an actual boss.

-Ro-Bin transformations.

-Vampire Bat variants.

Those are all I can think of at the moment. I'll probably edit this post with more ideas later...

1 hour ago, Averagewx78main said:

Since willow is actually good in singleplayer

She is really not :/, need to be able to cook with her lighter at least.

1 hour ago, Averagewx78main said:

walani is just wilson for shipwrecked

She still not interesting to play and worst than Wilson in mid/late game as her only good upside (surfboard) is outshadow by (every science machine tier 1 boats)

10 minutes ago, Namelessgamer said:

She is really not :/, need to be able to cook with her lighter at least.

She still not interesting to play and worst than Wilson in mid/late game as her only good upside (surfboard) is outshadow by (every science machine tier 1 boats)

She is also amazing at sanity gain by dropping tons of boards in one spot, lighting them on fire then extinguishing them

2 hours ago, SpoonyBardIV said:

-ANY REASON WHATSOEVER TO NOT STOP THE APORKALYPSE.

Give us REAL 4th season, I mean magically-artificial aporkalypse can not be a normal part of natural season cycle of highlands. There must be some sort of winter, something there.

Also

Aporkalypse doesn't give apokalyptic atmosphere IMO. It feels unfinished like some sort of a mod.

Enldess fullmoon dusk? Meh. Boss that spawns every X minutes to kill you? Meh. Evil pogs? Meh. Pig shops locked? Meh, meh, meh, meh. I just don't get the thing. 

Nightmare cycle at Ruins gives a lot more atmosphere of danger and mystery.

I don't mind a new DLC. All I ask is, set the price to like $20 USD a copy, and double the staff at work on the project. I come back to hamlet at the beginning of June-2019, lost a 400 days world when the game simply can't load, and lost another 240 days world o a BFB bug. Really wish debug progress can move at a faster pace.

Poor klei...
Creating a game is very hard thing. Believe me, I tried. And If you have tons of people pay money them it's impossible to stuck up in a game. I'm not sure what is going on inside klei company but I think they did this for money.
Don't Starve Together have single player mode too and this thing made game more popular than normal don't starve. Because of that, they stoped updating single player version. They just shared hamlet to us for saying "We didn't died". They gain regular money from together (with skins etc.).
Now come close traveller OP. I will whisper the trues

Spoiler

THEY WILL NOT UPDATE SINGLE PLAYER VERSION ANYMORE. GO AND BUY SKINS!

Archived