İs Wes Op ?

Well, it's honestly difficult to say. We do need something to make the game harder for the so called "veterans", but at the same time the "veterans" have their own play style. For instance I play Wigfrid, Wigfrid has a VERY different play style then for say Willow. So I guess he is needed? But at the same time I just wish there was like a hardmode, you know?

20 minutes ago, csc_unit said:

... Qué ¿

Bueno, honestamente es difícil de decir. Necesitamos algo para 
hacer que el juego sea más difícil para los llamados "veteranos", pero al mismo tiempo los "veteranos" 
tienen su propio estilo de juego. Por ejemplo, juego a Wigfrid, Wigfrid tiene un estilo de juego MUY 
diferente y luego dice, por ejemplo, Willow. Así que supongo que se necesita? Pero al mismo tiempo
, ojalá fuera como un modo duro, ¿sabes?

Edit - @Viktor234 Lol I didn't know what he meant by that, so I just guessed XD

Let's just say that you can find some fun to play him, as long you have discuted to pick it with peoples with who you play, cause if you have any problem and need lot of other players support while playing Wes, you could quickly turn everybody mad and it's pretty understandable

Can someone explain to me what this is about Wes?
I'm absolutely not in the Dont Starve community, either playing alone or with my friends. I've never played on a public server or with strangers before.
Therefore I like to watch guides, or general videos about Dont Starve. And I am aware that many have their favorites (for example, I like Willow and Wigfrid, depending on who I play with). Like the Youtuber James bucket, who just hates Wes xD.
But I actually see it more often on Youtube and so that Wes is probably a very controversial character you either like or don't like him. There's no between for the most people.
And I wonder why that is?
Never played him before. Is he really that useless? And to play hard because of that and then unpopular because people play it who can't?

Btw sorry for the bad English. With longer text's the language is still difficult for me ^^''.

36 minutes ago, Rhysparadox said:

Can someone explain to me what this is about Wes?
I'm absolutely not in the Dont Starve community, either playing alone or with my friends. I've never played on a public server or with strangers before.
Therefore I like to watch guides, or general videos about Dont Starve. And I am aware that many have their favorites (for example, I like Willow and Wigfrid, depending on who I play with). Like the Youtuber James bucket, who just hates Wes xD.
But I actually see it more often on Youtube and so that Wes is probably a very controversial character you either like or don't like him. There's no between for the most people.
And I wonder why that is?
Never played him before. Is he really that useless? And to play hard because of that and then unpopular because people play it who can't?

Btw sorry for the bad English. With longer text's the language is still difficult for me ^^''.

Wes plays into the "innocent idiot" trope, some find him cute and all, with others is the running joke of Wes actually acting like an "innocent idiot" but factually being evil and whatnot - well I guess each with their own thoughts on the lore matter. As for game runs and play-style, usually 2 type of people go for him: poor newbies not knowing what are getting themselves into and "pro" players for the challenge and/or memes. And as always, character can be as good as the person playing them is.

Wes being OP is a meme. 
He's a challenge character but unfortunately not in an interesting way, and not with team-based benefits. 
The only area that should possibly be nerfed are his max stats - preferably in measurement for his helpfulness to the team. 

3 minutes ago, TurtleKitty said:

Wes being OP is a meme. 
He's a challenge character but unfortunately not in an interesting way, and not with team-based benefits. 
The only area that should possibly be nerfed are his max stats - preferably in measurement for his helpfulness to the team. 

Why do we need a challenge character in dst btw? We need someone who works good with team not makes team life harder.

1 minute ago, Kuba5565 said:

Why do we need a challenge character in dst btw? We need someone who works good with team not makes team life harder.

That's why there are those with genuine call for character improvement. 
Giving Wes mime powers to do things like mine, shovel, and fish without the tools at penalty of sanity (and hunger?) would be a great way to give him extreme use to the team while maintaining a certain difficulty in managing him properly. 
He could also have expanded balloonomancy, where he sacrifices health and sanity to craft different defensive and offensive balloons - such as one that pops and explodes in ice, ones that attract mobs, maybe one filled with stingers that AOE strikes like the bramble trap.
Decorative thematic balloon structures like a bouncy balloon tent, balloon umbrella, more mob-shaped balloons, and balloon walls would be great for fun aesthetic. 

10 hours ago, csc_unit said:

... Qué ¿

I'm debating it right here, as per this post. These forum definely need more debates with hollow subject matters and threads with yes-or-no questions in their titles. My current stance is firm yeanoamaybe but I'm also leaning towards hmmumehuehue. Or to quote the great Wes himself: "  ".

15 hours ago, Captain_Rage said:

These forum definely need more debates with hollow subject matters and threads with yes-or-no questions in their titles. 

Mfw I actually told OP three things to thread about because he asked what he should do.

This is part 1

but this

İs Wes Op ?

the İ scares me

Archived