everything I found on Wormwood (DST version)

15 hours ago, Fill-Lips said:

Wormwood solo is definitely not a bad time, food is never an issue, healing is awkward but you can just sleep the damage off and sanity is very easy to manipulate.

He is a very fun and useful character!

except during combat, there really is no way for fast healing like others, which can be quite deadly

All of his healing options are awkward. They have long animations so it makes it difficult to heal if you're fighting difficult bosses like dragonfly and klaus, and none of his healing options heal as much as pierogies or dragon pie.

His compost wrap should be nearly instant instead of taking 2 seconds. It's so dumb that his UNIQUE healing item is just straight up worse than a healing item that everyone else can get - honey poultice.

14 minutes ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

To be lore/function-consistent he should gain sanity from that :cat:

Not gain, because that would be another free sanity station for him, but more like not loose any sanity from it or absorb the poop and instantly gain health from it, ofc the poop won't be available anymore in that case.

Wormwood, the living manureshield.

I'm enjoying him so far. I'm playing with my wife and shes wigfrid. The seeds are everywhere so sanity isnt an issue and we're next to spider nests so I can keep a steady supply of spider glands on hand. Just made it into winter and the crops still grow during that as well. Pretty useful for meatballs 

Mr bucket your videos are the best, hands down. Keep 'em coming please.

About his compost:

10 hours ago, Bird Up said:

It's so dumb that his UNIQUE healing item is just straight up worse than a healing item that everyone else can get - honey poultice.

Exactly this, the wrap needs some buff, I see no benefit into making a more expensive item that is worse than another available to everyone. Making the animation faster would be good, but I think Klei wanted us to see that animation since they took all the effort to make it.

Maybe the solution to this is to either make it cheaper (1 nitre, 2 poop and 2 rot), or keep the high cost and make it more potent (40 hp?). It wont solve the "healing in battle" issue, but I guess that's his big con to live with.

Much like Maxwell he should take his hp seriously and wear very protective gear, avoid getting damaged altogether, or fight in a beefalo on the surface.  Having a steady supply of Jellybeans is probably plantboi's main goal in life.

41 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Exactly this, the wrap needs some buff, I see no benefit into making a more expensive item that is worse than another available to everyone. Making the animation faster would be good, but I think Klei wanted us to see that animation since they took all the effort to make it.

Well first season most poeple don't have a bee box and bees don't work in winter but alot of people base near pigs so you can get easy poop

just get a stack of light bulbs and you will have some to rot and some to feed to werepigs meaning that you can get all these things in mass with such a lack of effort that only leaves the nitre to gain for them

I personally think the compost wrap is fine as it is. It’s a pretty simple trade off of having instant access to a large healing item (in terms of wormwood anyway) without needing to have an alchemy engine. It’s not overpowered, but it’s still useful in the early game, where you’re going to have the easiest access to the items needed to craft it while you’re out exploring the world. Not an item to place on a pedestal, but something still good for the character to have. A characters unique item shouldn’t just be an end all for a solution anyway. Even wigfrids spears get replaced by hambats, you know.

Besides, the main point of wormwood is for people to approach combat a bit differently. Have them take different approaches to situations. You shouldn’t go about killing hordes of spiders the same way you would any other character if health is something to cherish, yeah?

Just my take on things, anyway.

15 hours ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

To be lore/function-consistent he should gain sanity from that :cat:

Not really. If I got hit in the face with a pizza I’d probably still be a little dazed. 

2 hours ago, YouKnowWho said:

Not really. If I got hit in the face with a pizza I’d probably still be a little dazed. 

It feels like this sentence doesn't make sense... because Wormwood isn't eating the manure, he's applying the manure on his body & face!

If it's hot outside and the sun is burning on your skin, would you still be dazed if you'd get hit in the face with sunscreen?

3 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

It feels like this sentence doesn't make sense... because Wormwood isn't eating the manure, he's applying the manure on his body & face!

If it's hot outside and the sun is burning on your skin, would you still be dazed if you'd get hit in the face with sunscreen?

Yeah, probably. I have a pretty strict policy on not being hit in the face by things. It’s more the big slap of the object, not the object itself.

7 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

Specify an actual scenario where I am outside and someone is throwing sunscreen bottles at me.

On 6/13/2019 at 7:25 PM, Viktor234 said:

Even if Wormwood can heal himself with manure, he still looses sanity from manure if it's thrown by Splumonkeys. 

Do you get hurt or healed when someone throw bandage at your face?

9 hours ago, AN-0923 said:

I’d compare getting ointment flung onto your wounds to Wormwood being hit by manure. But still I don’t know how that feels but it would sting if it gets into the eyes.

Funny enough this is something that had happened to me.

Long story short, I hurt one of my legs and the next thing you know I'm being clocked by a flying medkit.
Ah, good, horrific days.

Archived