Do you think the botomless pit skin should be re-released to everyone?

Should the botomless pit skin be re-released?  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think it should?

• Yes (I own the skin)
    • Yes (I do not own the skin)
    • No (I own the skin)
    • No (I do not own the skin)

There's no need to re-release it just because  you want to  have it. The point of special skins is that they are not available anymore or what is the point of them existing? Any skin that isn't possible to acquire anymore should stay that way. I don't have most of the skins and i don't mind it. I only play two characters and even if a player doesn't ever use a skin, there are players like this, they are fine too.

5 hours ago, 00petar00 said:

There's no need to re-release it just because  you want to  have it.

But I already do own it. I'm just not a fan of exclusivity in general, even if it does benefit me.

6 hours ago, 00petar00 said:

The point of special skins is that they are not available anymore or what is the point of them existing? Any skin that isn't possible to acquire anymore should stay that way.

If the original bottomless pit became a timeless, and a new loyal pit was released for everyone, then I thought it would be a win-win. People who never had a chance to get it could get one, and the people who already have it will still have their badge of honor.

59 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

But I already do own it. I'm just not a fan of exclusivity in general, even if it does benefit me.

If the original bottomless pit became a timeless, and a new loyal pit was released for everyone, then I thought it would be a win-win. People who never had a chance to get it could get one, and the people who already have it will still have their badge of honor.

Funny, I'm not against exclusivity (not particlarly for it either tho), even though I don't have the skin :D

The idea of making it timeless sounds to be the best, it could be a real win-win, but in my opinion the new version shouldn't be loyal. Unlike the tragic torch skin, where you can still do the Metheus puzzle, you cannot participate in the beta (wasn't it for early access tho?). And there should be some visual difference between the two versions, even if only a small one, because one cannot see the rarity of a skinned struckture, unlike by equipable items.

56 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

And there should be some visual difference between the two versions, even if only a small one, because one cannot see the rarity of a skinned struckture, unlike by equipable items.

It could be maybe something like: "secondary bottomless pit". :D

second-level-bottomless-pit.png.b643dda43b478451b760d3b2129c7295.png

I am not sure what to answer.

I personally wish I would have gotten the icons and portraits that Gorge contestants got but I am happy to have the normal Cornucopia Portrait.

If Loyal items will be available for everyone then the ones that we have should be timeless.

I can't vote either way because I want the items to be rare and special but I also want them to be common, after all not everyone might have for an example been able to play Gorge or Forge because of computer problems.

I am an owner of several loyal skins, including bottomless pit. 

I wouldn't mind it being re-released as others said as a loyal while the original is changed to timeless, mainly because i play on console and there are several of these skins we never had a chance to get or are not allowed to get. That does bum me out because its as if i'm not worthy of these items because of my chosen medium in which i play the game.

If anyone wants to view my opinion as entitled then so be it, but my money and love for the game is the same as yours. 

I feel like that would defeat the purpose of having a Loyal skin for Early Access players, even if it did get upgraded to Timeless for the people who already have it. A rerelease wouldn't bother me, I don't care whether newer players have the skin, I just don't think it makes sense for Klei to do a complete 180 on you-had-to-be-there Loyal skins and bring an old one back for no particular occasion. They don't even do that for the Valentine's Day Loyal skins, they make a new one every year instead.

I do own the skin, and I use it to add a little extra ruggedness to out-of-the-way outposts or ramshackle early-game bases, but I'd forgotten that it wasn't one of the skins I unlocked for owning singleplayer DLC (I think it was added on the same day as the RoG loyalty skin, hence why I mixed them up) so I didn't even realise it wasn't still available until I saw this thread and double-checked the skins page on the wiki. (In the process I learned that people who preordered DST through WeGame got a significantly cooler Loyal skin for it that I'd never seen before and had no idea existed.)

Making it available to console players in some capacity - maybe retroactively to people who bought the game before a certain date or something, if they still want it to be a mark of early adoption - seems reasonable, I didn't think about console players straight-up not having had the chance to get it and as far as I know there are no skins that only console players can get to make up for that.

You are discussing about the exclusivity of this skin when there may be much cooler ones that were sneakily given. I have never seen those skins and Im not sure if the wiki information is right.

The Loyal Stone Kiln and Carved Stone Torch skins were awarded for pre-ordering Don't Starve Together on Wegame. 

no, similarly to the DS dlc loyals, or the forge beta portrait, and even the new heirloom variants, these are all meant to be rare, and not part of a completionist's collection goals albeit for whatever reason heirloom variants show up even when you don't have them klei please fix that, giving away the bottomless pit, even if the original ones were upgraded to timeless, would simply make people like the bottomless pit less, remember, you can't tell if its timeless or loyal unless you are the one crafting it, and if one was to make a variant of the bottomless pit for new players, well the real bottomless pit still isn't available to them now is it?

11 hours ago, CameoAppearance said:

Making it available to console players in some capacity - maybe retroactively to people who bought the game before a certain date or something, if they still want it to be a mark of early adoption - seems reasonable, I didn't think about console players straight-up not having had the chance to get it and as far as I know there are no skins that only console players can get to make up for that.

I'm still a little mad about the 2 skins that were given for buying shipwrecked and RoG as i bought both when they came out and never got the skins for that, a few people did figure out a way to get them, but most of us did not(PS4).

It was a highly debated topic for us for quite awhile and then we just collectively gave up, as that was at a time when Klei kinda treated the console side as more of a nuisance then a customer base. Now this last year Klei has truly shown us some love and realized that were pretty darn loyal even when we don't get everything we want.

Off Topic

Spoiler
3 hours ago, Rogueagent01 said:

as that was at a time when Klei kinda treated the console side as more of a nuisance then a customer base. Now this last year Klei has truly shown us some love and realized that were pretty darn loyal even when we don't get everything we want.

I don't think it's because Klei didn't respect you guys, it was likely because the console versions were being handled by a different studio at that time. Last I knew, the console versions are back to being worked on by Klei themselves.

I bought DST one week after Launch, i knowed about that game long ago but i live in forest where internet was very exclusive thing. Dst is reason why i came to steam and started to buy legit copies of another games. If no Dst i still sited some where in basement and played some heavy moded pirated  s.t.a.l.k.e.r  game. just that one week, and i loosed skin what i always wanted since beginning.

And i am no tellin about me some how deserved that bottomless fire pit skin, because of hours what i have played or many another humans getting DST addict because of my suggestions. All what im telling is - I just want that skin!

Excuse me, but o you think  ? Why it should ? Because you don't have it ? These skins are not just skins but they mean something to people who love this game and have played it from the beginning. Making them available would be tantamount to a lack of respect for the players by the creators so this survey is pointless.

9 hours ago, Vantos said:

Excuse me, but o you think  ? Why it should ? Because you don't have it ? These skins are not just skins but they mean something to people who love this game and have played it from the beginning. Making them available would be tantamount to a lack of respect for the players by the creators so this survey is pointless.

Again, I DO own the bottomless pit skin. I was mostly wondering how other owners felt about it being re-released. So it's not exactly pointless if it's satisfying my curiosity at the very least. It also opened an interesting discussion as well. 

On 24.5.2019 at 8:36 PM, fimmatek said:

And there should be some visual difference between the two versions, even if only a small one, because one cannot see the rarity of a skinned struckture, unlike by equipable items.

15 hours ago, Shpee said:

remember, you can't tell if its timeless or loyal unless you are the one crafting it, and if one was to make a variant of the bottomless pit for new players, well the real bottomless pit still isn't available to them now is it?

There's a way to tell apart if the skin is a Timeless one or just Loyal. Not ingame, but right on your steam account if your inventory isn't private or if you set up a showcase for your inventory.

I think skins like these should be marked as Timeless and not as Loyal because they seem to be forever unobtainable or more like deleted but still available for the players who managed to get the skin before it has been deleted.

Also: One of the reasons why most players don't want to see this skin reintroduced:

Spoiler

IAmThisOld.png.b22c2e66aea6e3da016ce4105786f738.png

10 hours ago, Vantos said:

There is nothing pointless about a discussion, its not like this is a demand thread.

And even to one of your points i have played the game since it was released on PS4 and still love it & play it on a daily basis. However there are several beta skins we never had the opportunity to acquire because they don't do betas on the console, so yeah i would like to find a way in which we could also acquire them. Its not as if it would have any impact whatsoever on the PC side since we are literally separate communities.

I don't care one way or the other, really; I own the skin.

If Klei re-releases it, then I would not feel betrayed or whatever- it's just a skin in a video game which was given out freely.

Not to mention the multiple alternative skins for a firepit are there, too.

On 23/5/2019 at 8:53 PM, x0VERSUS1y said:

Flame Portrait (below) was a Loyal-rarity reward for testers of Beta Forge 1.

flame_portrait

This reminds me I had some hopes of get it after testing Beta Forge 2. Such cases.

2 hours ago, Tapirus said:

This reminds me I had some hopes of get it after testing Beta Forge 2. Such cases.

By giving out one for the first beta Klei unintentionally created this expectation that we were going to get something every beta. I remember a lot of people being disappointed that we didn't get another loyal item for it.

6 minutes ago, Xehanightmare said:

By giving out one for the first beta Klei unintentionally created this expectation that we were going to get something every beta. I remember a lot of people being disappointed that we didn't get another loyal item for it.

Yes, I remember those days. Klei said that this time there was no reward by the lack of time. However, I wished the chance of see Flame Portrait again for everybody who missed it the first time.

Archived