Return of Data Mining, Art Assets, Model Dumping & More! (SPOILERS!)

2 hours ago, Well-met said:

Weird question but does the hamlet blunderbuss even have a unique shooting animation?

I see some dst mods and they don't have it.

It does, front and side are custom, up uses the blowdart animation.

The DST mods just aren't using them.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, TheHollowKnight said:

Will there be a dont starve newhome datamining thread? just curious to see whats in it since i wont play it.

Not sure if one can datamine from android, it'd have to be someone who has a knowledge of the phone files.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, -Variant said:

Hiya! Anyone happen to have a spare copy of the Diseased gecko sprites? Normally Klei leaves cut content in the files but not this time.
:'{

Do you know around what time they were added? I have my...ways of acquiring old builds. :wilson_sneaky:

• Haha 1

On 6/23/2020 at 6:26 PM, TheHollowKnight said:

Will there be a dont starve newhome datamining thread? just curious to see whats in it since i wont play it.

On 6/23/2020 at 6:51 PM, minespatch said:

Not sure if one can datamine from android, it'd have to be someone who has a knowledge of the phone files.

If I'm allowed into the beta I'll try my best to data mine it. Push comes to shove I'll just store backups of the apk file on my computer for a later date.

• Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Do you know around what time they were added? I have my...ways of acquiring old builds. :wilson_sneaky:

Despite being considered a part of ANR, they were added before the branch started, that much I know.
I'm not sure I have an exact number though...

This?
image.png.a24fbd13125124986f02011c557ac827.png

Just now, minespatch said:

they are. I mean is it the same animations above can be applied to the diseased ones?

Yeah, I included the animation files to the zip, for all intents and purposes it doesn't appear to have changed...by that I mean I think the animations are the same. :wilson_goodjob:

• Like 1

On 7/1/2020 at 3:00 AM, __IvoCZE__ said:

How did you obtain them?

Trade secrets like these must be kept close to heart...lest people find out the dark rituals required to obtain these things.

5d0982fa55b07_sweatingguy.thumb.png.0209c753c4e1d3595387e1b375da4978.png

21 hours ago, Kynoox_ said:

Does anyone have the animations for the "Compromising Statue"?

...what do you mean by that? :wilson_curious:

Edit: Never mind...it's part of DS Pocket Edition.

Spoiler

latest?cb=20170816184627

To answer your question @Kynoox_, it seems that the files for DS PE are put together differently than the PC files. And because of that at the moment I can't really do anything with them.

Edited by watermelen671
  • Thanks 1