[Game Update] - 328827

5 minutes ago, Toros said:

The people complaining about her lack of upsides were straight up wrong.  Like, their balance feedback was misinformed and unhelpful.

There was nothing wrong with Wheeler's balancing before, she just needed the 1 ammo bugfix.

its still not fun to find one extra extremely useful item (cloth, pig skin, blue feather, truffle, esc.) that came from a random drop realize that you need it or risk not finding it again dumping out your inventory to nab it go all the way to base clear out your inventory again go all the way back to the place that may be over 3 islands away just to get that one required item to progress yourself

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Toros said:

The people complaining about her lack of upsides were straight up wrong.  Like, their balance feedback was misinformed and unhelpful.

There was nothing wrong with Wheeler's balancing before, she just needed the 1 ammo bugfix.

Nothing wrong with her balancing =/= fun to play.

The latter is usually prioritized in singleplayer.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

its still not fun to find one extra extremely useful item (cloth, pig skin, blue feather, truffle, esc.) that came from a random drop realize that you need it or risk not finding it again dumping out your inventory to nab it go all the way to base clear out your inventory again go all the way back to the place that may be over 3 islands away just to get that one required item to progress yourself

That's pretty much the point, it was a sacrifice you'd have to make while playing as Wheeler.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I agree that Wheeler needs a new downside (perhaps giving her a greater default speed boost, but losing a % of it per each inventory slot filled, with a maximum penalty that would bring her down to maybe 80% or so speed?), but I don't think it should be the old inventory space one. It only reinforced backpacks even more and was only a cheap annoyance once you reached the mid/late game.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

Maybe the character isn't for you then. It's ok to find a character that doesn't fit your playstyle. I rather have unique characters then ones that are all the same. You're not forced to pick her.

• Like 1

Just now, TheOnlyGuyEver said:

I agree that Wheeler needs a new downside (perhaps giving her a greater default speed boost, but losing a % of it per each inventory slot filled, with a maximum penalty that would bring her down to maybe 80% or so speed?), but I don't think it should be the old inventory space one. It only reinforced backpacks even more and was only a cheap annoyance once you reached the mid/late game.

exactly

1 minute ago, Talic said:

Maybe the character isn't for you then. It's ok to find a character that doesn't fit your playstyle. I rather have unique characters then ones that are all the same. You're not forced to pick her.

Wilba doesn't fit my play style but i see worth to her unlike a unique thing that completely opposes what your play style is for

Just now, SouthTom said:

Big dmg - 100

Normal dmg - 75

Low dmg - 50

Even low dmg is pretty good now.

i was completely ok with how the gun was before with bug fixes this and that bothersome pest of a downside gone Wheeler now op

OMG WHEELER IS A MONSTER!!!!!!!! XD

Loved the buffs but I agree with the people that say she needs a downside (that won't break her fun completely), maybe lowering her stats? Or removing 3 slots from her and making her speed boost work as long as she is not using a backpack. But I think she is on a right path!!!

• Like 1

The damage on the projectiles definitely needs to be toned now. She basically has a blowdart 24/7 now, and once you start farming rocks she's never going to run out. If not, then severely reduce the stack size on 100 damage items.

Edited by oCrapaCreeper
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Sunset Skye said:

An inherent speed boost feels lazy, and I don't understand why she receives a speed boost for having empty inventory slots, instead of getting a speed debuff for having a full inventory slot. Rather than being penalized for hoarding, you're just not rewarded as much as you could be.

Well, it IS a debuff, however they phrased it positively so as to make it seem much better than it actually is.

She looks like fun! Not a Wilson 2.0 at all. Wilson doesn’t have anything, Wheeler has speed, handy unique items and her ability to dodge. Fantastic changes, if they want to tweak her health/hunger/sanity stats I would understand.

Edited by Ressayez