[Game Update] - 328827

13 minutes ago, Ressayez said:

She looks like fun! Not a Wilson 2.0 at all. Wilson doesn’t have anything, Wheeler has speed, handy unique items and her ability to dodge. Fantastic changes, if they want to tweak her health/hunger/sanity stats I would understand.

With that kind of firepower and her dodge skill she should have 75hp or even 50hp. They should make her the ultimate glass cannon. She way too much low risk and high reward right now imo.

• Like 2

I seriously doubt any of the people saying they liked the 10 inventory slots were going to be play or were playing Wheeler as a main. I severely doubt that. I incredibly doubt that. It sure seems an interesting downside at a glance and from afar.

Giving her a new downside other than her low health would be nice, maybe even just going lower health as SouthTom said, but going back to 10 slots is just not good for anyone who will want to mostly play with her character.

Freaking prove me that you were maining her with 10 slots. Fite me.

Edited by sinisterrkid
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, sinisterrkid said:

I seriously doubt any of the people saying they liked the 10 inventory slots were going to be play or were playing Wheeler as a main. I severely doubt that. I incredibly doubt that. It sure seems an interesting downside at a glance and from afar.

Giving her a new downside other than her low health would be nice, maybe even just going lower health as SouthTom said, but going back to 10 slots is just not good for anyone who will want to mostly play with her character.

Freaking prove me that you were maining her with 10 slots. Fite me.

I was. I don't know how you expect me to "prove" it, but here's a picture of me as Wheeler in a long-term world. I had only recently switched to her via the teleportato, but I planned to continue playing as her for a long time to take advantage of the navigadget for ruins raiding, and to see if I could find any interesting uses of the dodge (other than just the basic dodging of attacks.)
image.thumb.png.11089b9bc89cfcbf45b97ef7f4c07742.png

She's got 15 inventory slots because I just took this picture now. The last 5 popped into existence when I loaded the world.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

I was. I don't know how you expect me to "prove" it, but here's a picture of me as Wheeler in a long-term world. I had only recently switched to her via the teleportato, but I planned to continue playing as her for a long time to take advantage of the navigadget for ruins raiding, and to see if I could find any interesting uses of the dodge (other than just the basic dodging of attacks.)

Thank you for being honest about the teleportato, cause otherwise you know how annoying and the hours that go into getting a Krampus Sack to make it bearable. By the signs you used Wicker, the character 90% of people use to get it. So I maintain my point.

Edited by sinisterrkid

23 minutes ago, sinisterrkid said:

You can believe what ever you want, but that doesn't make it true.

image.thumb.png.891a9cd45a830f4e3bed570baa3c0ee8.png

Edited by KilliasK
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, lingdeyiyicifang said:

Hi Hugo, no offence, but where is Jason?

Same here. :wilson_ecstatic:

Seriously,  who kidnapped Jason? Was it Jambeard? Or did Jesse finally snap and go full beardbarian?

Where is Jason? Jason! Jaaason! JAAAAAAAAAAAASOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!

4 minutes ago, sinisterrkid said:

Right as the character came out, and 154 days is nothing.

1 minute ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

154 days is quite a small amount of time in this game.

The elitism here is strong.

gossipp.png.7e46688a7359158ec851d57177d88bf7.png

Spoiler

I'm a competent DS player, and I nuke a world a day because I prefer to start fresh when I boot up the game whenever I feel like putting up with the obnoxious loading times.

Also, the day count doesn't really mean anything, heck, when this thing was in Beta I'd skip forward 10,000 days for a lark.

Also because I wanted to see what happened with the aporkalypse. :wilson_curious:

Edited by watermelen671
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, KilliasK said:

Oh excuse me for not spending my every waking hour playing don't starve. Not that it matters. She was and still is my "main".

I know I'm being the ******* in the discussion, but what I want to really say is that she was FAR from being a contender for best characters. And in these first days her dodge and gun weren't even functioning properly. I still don't think the experience of playing Wheeler was enough to dirve people to keep playing her in the long run.

12 minutes ago, sinisterrkid said:

Thank you for being honest about the teleportato, cause otherwise you know how annoying and the hours that go into getting a Krampus Sack to make it bearable. By the signs you used Wicker, the character 90% of people use to get it. So I maintain my point.

Considering Wheeler can kill birds kinda for free and can 2HKO a Krampus now I don't think it would be that hard to get a Krampus Sack as Wheeler.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, sinisterrkid said:

I know I'm being the ******* in the discussion, but what I want to really say is that she was FAR from being a contender for best characters. And in these first days her dodge and gun weren't even functioning properly. I still don't think the experience of playing Wheeler was enough to dirve people to keep playing her in the long run.

SUBJECTIVE OPINION IS SUBJECTIVE. EVERYONE IS ENTITLED TO THEIR OPINION. JUST BECAUSE YOU LOVE WICKERBOTTOM DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN JUSTIFIABLY DEFECATE ALL OVER A DECENT CHARACTER. LET'S ALL BE FRIENDS HERE AND JUST ADMIT THAT WES NEEDS TO BE NERFED.

People think Winona is the best, people think Wickerbottom's the best, people think Wolfgang is the best, and people think Wigfrid's the best.

They're all wrong of course, as we all know Wes is the best character hands down.

Edited by watermelen671
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, sinisterrkid said:

There's a lot of assumptions about how I play the videogame here. For one, I have played Wheeler outside of this world, so I know what it's like to play her without a Krampus Sack. And honestly, I'd say it's a lot of fun. I haven't sunk literal years into a Wheeler world, though, so I guess none of that gameplay counts. And so it's probably not worth going into.

All I did as Wickerbottom was use applied horticulture to grow nettles and coffee, and draw those books on the signs. If you look slightly above those signs, you'll notice the Wormwood signs from when I did a similar thing with him (did some useful stuff that will benefit me after he's gone, draw his unique items, and then switch to a new character.) I got my krampus sack from just playing the videogame. I think it dropped in SW after killing some monkeys as WX-78.

Edited by Sunset Skye
  • Like 1

Just now, KilliasK said:

It's 20 hours. The character has only been out for 144~ hours. 20 hours during that period is 3~ hours a day.

Which is a perfectly acceptable amount of time for a normal person with a life.

Spoiler

I know I know, blasphemy. 

This coming from a person who's played the character a grand total of 0/144 hours. I've been too busy contemplating the implications of this:

image.png.5b2b75370a9df0e88adcd3fe3ee5370f.png

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

JUST BECAUSE YOU LOVE WICKERBOTTOM DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN JUSTIFIABLY DEFECATE ALL OVER A DECENT CHARACTER.

That's a really great point because it reminds me the reason I love Wickerbottom is that I can make a lureplant farm and not have to keep pressing space bar for an eternity to get twigs and grass. I guess a big part of my view on characters is how much they reduce annoyances in the game. Hence my internal screaming (edit: and external, let's face it)over the threat of having reduced slots again

Edited by sinisterrkid
  • Like 1

...Did you guys forget why no character has a passive movement speed increase without some major drawback?

I've seen a dev years ago defend this by saying it was because avoiding bosses hits would be much too easy, and that running away would be way too easy...

Makes absolute sense, and it's proven right when you look at like half the mod characters.

Definitely against this change, her dodge is already broken enough.

Very confusing...

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, watermelen671 said:

Which is a perfectly acceptable amount of time for a normal person with a life.

Hide contents

I know I know, blasphemy. 

This coming from a person who's played the character a grand total of 0/144 hours. I've been too busy contemplating the implications of this:

image.png.5b2b75370a9df0e88adcd3fe3ee5370f.png

I can relate to Nome. I used to come into my office and put on my pants.

Just now, Ogrecakes said:

...Did you guys forget why no character has a passive movement speed increase without some major drawback?

That raises the question, did anyone ask for this? I haven't been paying attention to the forums.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Ogrecakes said:

I agree she needs a bigger drawback, but the two characters that get speed boost are considered to have little to no drawback

• Like 1