Werebeaver Skeleton + other weird animations

I was messing around with @Plushical in a private world and we decided to look at the Werebeaver and see the animations it does in certain situations. In my 1k+ hours of playing this franchise, this is the first time I have seen several of these animations.

Werebeaver's Skeleton:

image.png.683a091fe4cc8a285b03f1d446d5d36b.png

This must've been recently added or something, because during testing we found out that the Werebeaver shows the skeleton when hit by lighting, even though that was not the case in the past. Also, this sprite is cursed and my new steam pfp

This is the frame right after the skeleton:

image.png.142584c4cf0ce26b2fe86ad1003c3928.png

Werebeaver lying down: (note the very puffed out chest for some reason)
image.png.3601c3efd04fabab2d704a97ee12a1aa.png

Groggy animation:
image.png.a5c9978a9ad327ea7202d3d7871a4999.png

image.png.c42e9e2d8f73795ae9d840d583ffcb1a.png

The werebeaver stumbles back and forth similar to a human(oid) character. Honestly I really like this anim and I wish It was used more. I love the walk cycle (and so does plush)

Resurrection animations for werebeaver are for the most part garbage all across the board.
image.png.96eeba504c7478da1cb347019c4b8dde.png (Krampus Maxwell is behind me, also note how the necklace isn't even around the neck.)

image.png.5a3e6de4e41d22217c80c4b5e13827d3.png(this is the least in the "bad rez animations" but its still slightly doo doo.)

Klei, please for the love of god do an animation overhaul for the Werebeaver. Some of these are distractingly bad. While on the other hand, some of these are good animations and are criminally underused (*COUGH* groggy animation)

24 minutes ago, Terra M Welch said:

Also werebeaver needs more emote animations instead of just dancing.

This. Granted, I love the fact that we have access to any emote at all. But, eh, it'd be nice to have some diversity. Ofc, some of the more intricate emotes would be unable to be used by the Werebeaver such as /carol, /chicken, and actually most of the unlockable emotes now that I think of it.

1 hour ago, Hell-met said:

why do you turn this into a complaint? It's pretty damn good that klei even thought of these. It even got its own ghost.

Because several of these animations are borked, in the sense that they don't look "up to standard" when compared to other animations.

18 minutes ago, Canis said:

Because several of these animations are borked, in the sense that they don't look "up to standard" when compared to other animations.

but there's no standard for this. It's the only official mob-esque player.

Even Wilba's werepig is just an altered base player.

Were you able to get the electrocuted skeleton reveal thing when hit by lightning, or from the Volt Goat attack? I tried using lightning via a mod but that didn't work. Only getting hurt by Volt Goat showed the skeleton.

And I'm assuming the third and fourth images are Werebeaver put to sleep and then waking up being groggy?

Also thanks for posting about this, I'm gonna update the wiki page

1 hour ago, Bluegeist said:

Were you able to get the electrocuted skeleton reveal thing when hit by lightning, or from the Volt Goat attack? I tried using lightning via a mod but that didn't work. Only getting hurt by Volt Goat showed the skeleton.

And I'm assuming the third and fourth images are Werebeaver put to sleep and then waking up being groggy?

Also thanks for posting about this, I'm gonna update the wiki page

We initially found it by attacking Volt Goats, but then we managed to get the beaver to show the skeleton again when my friend spawned lightning with commands. (or it might've been him spawning in End is Nigh. @Plushicaldo you remember?)

The groggy animation is the result of being put to sleep and waking up (ex: Bearger and Pan flute). The laying down animation (mainly, the frame I took a screenshot of in particular) can be seen in multiple animations, namely the touchstone revive animation, and the sleep animation (again, pan flute and bearger)

Spoiler

image.png.e33f99d2d3601ebd43055bf5b7220f33.pngimage.png.dad37b524df9c12a7209be5797f1aeeb.pngimage.png.40512e8e3af4609c998a83b3c0fb0554.pngimage.thumb.png.32c2862edd72ce513c0e8261f68ad241.png

Here's an animation you missed, his mind control animation.
Here's a frame of the electric one with his skin, though, as they flash between the 2 sprites.
And a frame from the waking up animation, which is actually longer than most characters.

HEY! EDIT!: Added in a frame of him yawning, just now.

2 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:
  Hide contents

image.png.e33f99d2d3601ebd43055bf5b7220f33.pngimage.png.dad37b524df9c12a7209be5797f1aeeb.pngimage.png.40512e8e3af4609c998a83b3c0fb0554.png

Here's an animation you missed, his mind control animation.
Here's a frame of the electric one with his skin, though, as they flash between the 2 sprites.
And a frame from the waking up animation, which is actually longer than most characters.

I actually wanted to go see if there *was* a mind control animation, but my friend couldn't run caves so that sucks.
I'll try to get an in-game picture of it soonish.

(Edit: also from what I can see at your screenshot, the animation is really garbo. I mean, look at those arms!)

22 hours ago, Terra M Welch said:

Also werebeaver needs more emote animations instead of just dancing.

Since the werebeaver has the same kind of hunchback look as pigs, I'd like to see some ported animations that already exist from those mobs, like:
- pigman happy dance
- bunnyman happy clap
- angry face/growl
- scared face (pigs around a fire at dusk)
- hungry gesture

4 minutes ago, FloomRide said:

Since the werebeaver has the same kind of hunchback look as pigs, I'd like to see some ported animations that already exist from those mobs, like:
- pigman happy dance
- bunnyman happy clap
- angry face/growl
- scared face (pigs around a fire at dusk)
- hungry gesture

pigman happy dance = I feel like this might not fit

-Bunnyman Happy Clap = /happy

-Angry face/grown = /angry

-scared face = /sad ?

-hungry gesture = /annoyed ?

My guesses / hopes, at least.

4 minutes ago, minespatch said:

shocking_discovery__023.pngI asked a friend for a clear look of the voltgoat there. IT's so cute to see it fuzzy.:wilson_ecstatic:

You should go ahead and pet it.

You might be shocked by it's reaction.

*wheeze*

*laughter*

*applause*

*credits roll*

Archived