Where is everyone at

I'm usually playing and streaming daily with subs on twitch on our own server.

Theres a lot of amazing people on the forums here so keep connecting with others and join some DST communities! It's a great way to get involved and in my opinion,  the best way to experience Don't Starve Together. 

4 hours ago, BeliarBAD said:

its hard to watch without comment

Yeah, well I agree, not everyone likes the same things of a stream, some people like more the social side, others the funny comments or situations. Personally I enjoy watching streamers that show deep knowledge and new clever solutions that I can learn (I've learned all I know about the game 50% from experience and 50% from watching good players) so personally (and this is completely subjective) I dont mind if they talk or not, as long as what they do  in the game is advanced enough for me and I learn new things.

This is why I also watch chinese or russian streamers often, despite not understanding a word of what they say. Those ackward moments when everyone on the chinese stream is laughing and I feel like...

9nohQh4_d.jpg

13 hours ago, Maknov said:

I've met Minespatch whilst playing the Gorge, gotta admit, I was freaking out. :wilson_ecstatic:

They're quite cool. :D

Met him in the Forge if I'm correct, had to confirm it was him, did pretty solid honestly. Would've played another match shouldn't I had to leave.

2 hours ago, Stonetribe said:

I'm beginning to get the impression that the majority of the people here on the Don't Starve Together forums mostly play the game by themselves..

As a consistent frequenter of the DST's Klei Official pubs (~2k h of them alone), mostly the EU ones, I can tell you I've almost never encountered forumites there. Situation is a bit different for community servers (and will list them - the biggest ones am aware of at least, feel free to mention more if knowing so - by order of subscribers for reference purpose: Diverse Survivors, Slightly Tilted, DST Academy, How To Survive!, DST Experienced Players, plus bonus Mighty Beard - a small but friendly, old yet organically-growing community): only 5-6 of the people from these forums.. and each once or twice at most, I for one managed to get a glimpse there - and mostly from the casual posters here. The very old and with a lot of reputation people from these forums.. seem nowhere to be found in mentioned servers (or at least I haven't). My assumption is they play alone, with very small number of friends or stopped playing DST altogether (some even admitted themselves doing so - still continue to post in forums, heh). Then there are the streamers, the pretty "politically correct" bunch because if you want a far-reaching audience you don't "take sides" or firm stances on "controversial issues" as rule of thumb - they usually host their servers for said streaming purpose with carefully selected players - and this whole aspect is a different food-for-thought entirely. In conclusion the most vocal and avid posters in here DST forums seem to be people playing alone or with a small number of friends, and they seem to be good-or-very-good players, some of them even quitting DST aside from events or checking updates - and that's why you get some pretty weird try-hard proposals as re-balance of the game not in touch with the general skill level of vast majority of players you find in random or official pubs.

1 hour ago, Bluegeist said:

I haven't been playing lately because iirc worlds made now wont be compatible with the upcoming content. So why waste time in a world that wont ever have the new stuff?

this is exactly why I took a break from the Klei Survival Games, because all of them are getting an update around April

4 hours ago, Bluegeist said:

I haven't been playing lately because iirc worlds made now wont be compatible with the upcoming content. So why waste time in a world that wont ever have the new stuff?

2 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

this is exactly why I took a break from the Klei Survival Games, because all of them are getting an update around April

are you kidding me :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

you sure about that???????????????

ive a megabase world which we play evry day 

48 minutes ago, BeliarBAD said:

Well we don't know exactly what Klei has planned, but certain kinds of content like new set pieces can't really be added to an older world. New character stuff like the Willow refresh should work just fine though!

59 minutes ago, BeliarBAD said:

Here is where JoeW said on Reddit about how the new stuff (that is, the base game content, not the character reworks) won't work on old worlds:

On 1/23/2019 at 8:38 AM, NSAiswatchingus said:

Joe replied on the subreddit that to get the new biomes and some of the new content we will have to generate a new world. 

Capture.thumb.PNG.ffa69faabb8d4d6a155f0052d94b28ac.PNG

54 minutes ago, Bluegeist said:

Here is where JoeW said on Reddit about how the new stuff (that is, the base game content, not the character reworks) won't work on old worlds:

ok wheres the rope :(((

thanks a lot for this information. then its better just to play some other servers and have fun with wortox

On April 14, 2019 at 3:56 AM, BeliarBAD said:

its hard to watch without comment

I know, I just don't usually have much to say... and my mic is pretty crappy.

I do intend to add some of the bells and whistles that the better streamers use, I just get distracted. 

I play occasionally...when I do, my server is usually public, but has mods.  It's up to the individual whether they're okay with the particular mods I use or not.  Mostly aesthetic, a few easier-making, a couple harder-making.  (shrug)

I don't have the world's best ping and my server is in the Mountain Time Zone of the U.S., which...would probably be an issue for a whole lot of the people here.  So, yeah.

Basically I'm friendly until I have a reason not to be, to everyone who shows up...but don't count on being able to play without lag.  : P

...Notorious

Lately I've been playing a lot of other games, so I haven't been on DST nearly as much as I used to. But when I do play, it's usually on a private server with friends (or alone). Occasionally I visit Klei pubs or the Strictly Unprofessional servers. I've even seen a few forum members on the SU servers a few times, so that might be a good place to hang out if you want to meet some of the people here ingame.

I may not be an active forum member, but I'll throw my two cents anyway.

I only play on my own server with a friend. I tried playing on other servers, but I had three major problems with those:
1. Griefers. They might be less than during the beta release, but I still have paranoia;
2. Feeling like a noob and parasite. It's obvious when you join an endless server on day 1000, but then there are moments where I mess up so horribly, I would want to curl up a rabbit hole and die;
3. Ironicaly to 2nd point... noobs. They are uncommon since they usualy leave after surviving a day, but some of them might stay and do something dumb like collecting everything around spawn in 20 tile radius.

Because of that I just decided to free public servers from my existance.

I'm over on the PS4 side. I usually play solo if I'm working on a project, but I open my world up to the public most Autumns. Players who do well enough can friend request me to come back.  I haven't had as much time to play lately but if anyone sees the world in my signature feel free to join! 

Archived