QoL2 (pls Klei)

QoL introduced things that ds needed like fences and ability to do stuff while holding max items.

Bundle wrap and beefalo riding was nice but not really that needed in ds.

There're still however many QoL things missing from dst.

Things that need to be added:

-Map icons like stumps, burnt trees, golden rocks etc

-Map discovery range like in dst. 

-Caves and ruins protecting from overheating

Things that would be nice but aren't necessary:

-Scaled furnace

-Meteor rains (without moon rocks)

Well those are what i care about. If you have anything else you think should be ported from dst then write it.

-A minor world regrowth system which regrows stuff like Carrots, Berry bushes near ponds, Lumpy evergreens, Mushrooms etc.

-Petrification if possible as it will make trees into rocks that can be mined for Nitre, Rock and Flint
(only if Meteors Storms can't be implemented)

-Twiggy Trees and Juicy Berry Bushes (These should replace regular Bushes and Saplings in HAM cause their theme matches the world of HAM)

-Ability to dig up tree saplings with a shovel. (It's really useful when you're decorating with trees and you plant one in the wrong spot)

-Updated texture for Star Caller's Staff.

-Scaled flooring

-Being able to see the day counter while on the caves.

2 minutes ago, MWY said:

They updated the sounds in DS into super high quality ones which are not present in DST yet, I think :D 

In that case it's a start!

Hopefully both games will get updates to get their own upgrades in their respective ways (sound DST, textures DS)

A lot of these things would actually really decrease the quality of my (and many others) life.

2 hours ago, Szczuku said:

-Meteor rains (without moon rocks)

Meteors being added after so much time would be a huge "screw you" to anyone who plays RoG long-term. If they were retrofitted, then a previously inhabitable biome would suddenly be filled with meteors. If they aren't retrofitted, then any RoG world created after them being added would have objectively less building potential than previous worlds.
If you've depleted all your minerals and you desperately need more, you can always use moleworms or earthquakes, or take the sea/skyworthy to one of the DLC worlds and use them for resources. If you don't want to use the DLCs, then you can take the teleportato to a new RoG world with fresh resources. All of your prebuilt structures will carry over, and you take tons of items with you via bundling wraps, so it's possible to take many valuable resources even if you want to play RoG-only.
I believe the original purpose of meteor fields was to add renewable rocks to DST, because it's a multiplayer game without a teleportato, so I don't think they're at all necessary in DS.

2 hours ago, MWY said:

-A minor world regrowth system which regrows stuff like Carrots, Berry bushes near ponds, Lumpy evergreens, Mushrooms etc.

World regrowth is a megabaser's worst nightmare. If you look at DST megabases, you'll notice that they're almost always either located entirely within a desert, or filled with tons of random plants and trees.
That's because world regrowth will aggressively spawn plants and trees in almost every biome, regardless of whether the player is building there or not. It's incredibly annoying to have to constantly dig up plants and chop trees all over the map just to keep your world looking nice.
Even if you ignore megabasing, world regrowth is another mechanic that was added because DST is a multiplayer game which doesn't have a teleportato. If you've somehow treated your resources so badly that you need world regrowth, then you can use the teleportato to hop to a fresh world with fresh resources. The alternative, of course, is to be more careful and make sure no important resources are destroyed by giants or fire.

2 hours ago, MWY said:

-Petrification if possible as it will make trees into rocks that can be mined for Nitre, Rock and Flint

See above for the many ways you can get minerals if you've depleted all of your world's resources. Petrification is another thing that absolutely sucks when megabasing, since it basically stops you from using evergreens as decoration entirely unless you're willing to mine down and replace the petrified ones constantly.

2 hours ago, MWY said:

-Twiggy Trees and Juicy Berry Bushes (These should replace regular Bushes and Saplings in HAM cause their theme matches the world of HAM)

As long as they're limited to showing up on worldgen in Hamlet, and maybe being sold in shops, this is completely fine. The main problem with the resource variants in DST is that they, like all other regrowth, will aggressively show up all over the world without much way of preventing it.

TL;DR: Please just use the teleportato like everyone has been for years.

1 minute ago, Sunset Skye said:

TL;DR: Please just use the teleportato like everyone has been for years.

I understand about regrowth mechanics messing up the entire world especially for Mega Bases that is why I suggested very minor regrowth ONLY around ponds so that player may have a chance to get some resource after sometime from these areas.

They same goes for Lumpy trees as they will occasionally get saplings one or two around them only if there are any trees at all and will not popup in empty place where there are no trees already.

Just like how Mobs have a cap on them, Regrowth will not take place if there is an object in the location already
(Player build structure, planted plants etc) 

as for the Juicy Berries and Twiggy trees, I was Honestly expecting them to show up in Hamlet as they fit the theme of that world and would have made them a unique addition for that world only. 

Caves and ruins protecting from overheating

I don't consider this obligatory. I see it only as a thing made in DST for players who find themselves joining in summer, so they have a chance of surviving. In DS you always have enough time to prepare.

18 hours ago, Szczuku said:

anything else you think should be ported from dst then write it.

- Catcoon dens should be renewable like in DS as well. 

- I disagree with the idea that Bundling Wraps in single player aren't needed. I think that in DS the cave system is much complex than DST and having them is a great help both for food and lightbulbs. 

You travel way often bringing resources back and forth between regions. Bundling Wraps are far more needed in single player for that reason alone. 

Also a great idea for teleportato use to avoid cheese exploit of backpacks withing backpacks. 

18 hours ago, MWY said:

- I personally don't like regrowth itself cuz the spawn rate in DST is way too high but Desolation Regrowth might be a nice one specially for Mushtrees. For the people who don't know Desolation regrowth kicks off ONLY IF the area is depleted completely of its natural innate resources. 

- I personally hate Twiggy trees.. I think they overtake the dst world so damn fast. No Ty.

Maybe if they tweeked the spawn rate. A big maybe tho. 

13 hours ago, Maslak said:

I don't consider this obligatory. I see it only as a thing made in DST for players who find themselves joining in summer, so they have a chance of surviving. In DS you always have enough time to prepare.

It makes no sense tho. IRL caves are always much cooler than the surface in summer and warmer in winter. I think DST caves are factual here at least with the summer aspect.

I feel pretty iffy about adding DST content (especially mobs and items) to DS since it retcons the lore, and I really don't like retcons, like what they did with Ewecus. I know most people don't care about lore or whatnot, and the devs could simply say that it's not cannon. Maybe have an option in World Settings to enable certain DST mobs and features? I still feel like it wold take away from some of DST's uniqueness in a sense. Although I agree that QoL changes do need to be ported over. And some structures couldn't hurt either.

4 hours ago, PriscaMitica said:

I feel pretty iffy about adding DST content (especially mobs and items) to DS since it retcons the lore, and I really don't like retcons, like what they did with Ewecus. I know most people don't care about lore or whatnot, and the devs could simply say that it's not cannon. Maybe have an option in World Settings to enable certain DST mobs and features? I still feel like it wold take away from some of DST's uniqueness in a sense. Although I agree that QoL changes do need to be ported over. And some structures couldn't hurt either.

the reason QoL seem lackluster in DS is because they are more suited for DST then DS that is why players are demanding QoLs which are more suited for Singleplayer then Multiplayer.

Klei thought that maybe bringing over content from DST might enhance DS greatly (only about 2 to 3 things did like Mouse inventory slot, Fences etc)
rest just seem like they don't make much sense nor give much advantage (Beefalo riding for example)

I personally would love to see Lore oriented new content in DS that enhances they gameplay and shows new stuff that will explain the Lore a bit more as well.

3 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Saplings should be able to respawn either by florist shops or the gambling machine, currently bushes and grass turfs are obtainable by both but saplings by nothing :(

saplings and many other resources can be obtain via teleportato tho

18 hours ago, Szczuku said:

-Caves and ruins protecting from overheating

Isn't this because Caves on DST are a separate server and it would be difficult to keep track of temperature in the same way single player does? I don't think it was really a game balance decision.

Just now, oCrapaCreeper said:

Isn't this because Caves on DST are a separate server and it would be difficult to keep track of temperature in the same way single player does.

no, in DS Caves are a separate world on their own, like you jumped into another world with a Worthy only that its an Cave Entrance.

Archived