Jump to content

QoL2 (pls Klei)


Recommended Posts

Just now, oCrapaCreeper said:

Isn't this because Caves on DST are a separate server and it would be difficult to keep track of temperature in the same way single player does.

I don't think that's the reason and there us evidence for that... You can freeze in winter in the caves.. Both systems have similar weather in winter.. Only in summer they changed it pretty much by popular demand... Cuz logic and things xD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, MWY said:

the reason QoL seem lackluster in DS is because they are more suited for DST then DS that is why players are demanding QoLs which are more suited for Singleplayer then Multiplayer.

Klei thought that maybe bringing over content from DST might enhance DS greatly (only about 2 to 3 things did like Mouse inventory slot, Fences etc)
rest just seem like they don't make much sense nor give much advantage (Beefalo riding for example)

I personally would love to see Lore oriented new content in DS that enhances they gameplay and shows new stuff that will explain the Lore a bit more as well.

I'm sorry but how are fences and doors and mini signs only designed for multi-player? All these have been in the suggestions list in the forums for years and even some people modded them for single player ages ago. 

Also bundling wraps are much more needed in single player because u are constantly moving resources from one region to the other... You save so much time with the wraps and inventory space between regions and via teleportato. 

Beefalo riding might not seem "necessary" but I think it's a nice one to have, specially if you like playing in bigger maps...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I'm sorry but how are fences and doors and mini signs only designed for multi-player? All these have been in the suggestions list in the forums for years and even some people modded them for single player ages ago. 

Also bundling wraps are much more needed in single player because u are constantly moving resources from one region to the other... You save so much time with the wraps and inventory space between regions and via teleportato. 

Beefalo riding might not seem "necessary" but I think it's a nice one to have, specially if you like playing in bigger maps...

Because all these "Upgrades" were designed with DST, not DS,
their development came when DST was being developed so they were only implemented in DST.

you don't remember this but I was there when these new items and mechanics were added and I personally requested the devs for similar upgrades and stuff that is being implemented in DST to be also added in Singeplayer DS.

Sadly enough nobody noticed and most people were just too much excited about all the new stuff in DST and nobody wanted to play DS anymore cause there was nothing new in it anymore (skins and new bosses were quite the craze back then which DS lacks in entirety)

I even remember that I continuously requested that Adventure mode of DS be upgraded along as well and new lore should be shown with it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MWY said:

and Touch stones (with merm/mant heads of course)

I'd prefer some alternatives. At least for worldhopping. "bring 4 pieces to X" was done twice already and it's boring.
Maybe include Aporkalypse in this. Kill Herald to obtain some drop and to something with it or whatever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, MWY said:

Because all these "Upgrades" were designed with DST, not DS,
their development came when DST was being developed so they were only implemented in DST.

you don't remember this but I was there when these new items and mechanics were added and I personally requested the devs for similar upgrades and stuff that is being implemented in DST to be also added in Singeplayer DS.

Sadly enough nobody noticed and most people were just too much excited about all the new stuff in DST and nobody wanted to play DS anymore cause there was nothing new in it anymore (skins and new bosses were quite the craze back then which DS lacks in entirety)

I even remember that I continuously requested that Adventure mode of DS be upgraded along as well and new lore should be shown with it.

fences and doors, beefalo riding and bundling wraps might come from dst but they are universal things that every person with some hours into the game instinctively want. I don't see them as "exclusive" to DST, but as universal, logical updates for the whole franchise.

that's why they first showed up as mods in the workshop ages ago first for DS and then for DST

I think that we need to consider that Klei is gonna put more effort into the games that bring the largest audience and so far DST was doing that

As a whole they are a very small studio with strict priorities and budget. Now that DST is a bit more established they finally are putting more man power into DS, but that's undeniably due to DST success. So seen it like you do as something somehow bad if it comes from DST development makes no sense to me.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Maslak said:

I'd prefer some alternatives. At least for worldhopping. "bring 4 pieces to X" was done twice already and it's boring.
Maybe include Aporkalypse in this. Kill Herald to obtain some drop and to something with it or whatever.

we already have an alternative to Meat Effigies in Hamlet which is Magic Flower and there is a boss guarding it known as Pugalisk.

what I want are Touch Stones which are completely missing from Hamlet for some reason
(probably related to the bug that causes players to resurrect out-of-bounds of the map)

1 minute ago, FreyaMaluk said:

fences and doors and bundling wraps might come from dst but they are universal items that every person with some hours into the game instinctively want. I don't see them as "exclusive" to DST, but as universal, logical updates for the whole franchise.

that's why they first showed up as mods in the workshop ages ago first for DS and then for DST

I think that we need to consider that Klei is gonna put more effort into the games that bring the largest audience and so far DST was doing that

As a whole they are a very small studio with strict priorities and budget. Now that DST is a bit more established they finally are putting more man power into DS, but that's undeniably due to DST success. So seen it like you do as something somehow bad if it comes from DST development makes no sense to me.

I'm not saying anything about being "Bad" from development in DST what I'm saying is that development in DS was neglected during the time these upgrades were introduced (I have already stated that stuff like fences, mouse inventory and bundling wraps etc are useful and minor regrowth mechanics can be added with caps on them similar to mob number caps, read my previous posts plz)

DST got a lot of attention and ended up making people lose interest in DS especially when several of these "official" upgrades introduced by "Klei" only in DST which will have made Singleplayer DS a lot more fun as well but not being implemented early on perverted that from happening.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, MWY said:

we already have an alternative to Meat Effigies in Hamlet which is Magic Flower and there is a boss guarding it known as Pugalisk.

what I want are Touch Stones which are completely missing from Hamlet for some reason
(probably related to the bug that causes players to resurrect out-of-bounds of the map)

I'm not saying anything about being "Bad" from development in DST what I'm saying is that development in DS was neglected during the time these upgrades were introduced (I have already stated that stuff like fences, mouse inventory and bundling wraps etc are useful and minor regrowth mechanics can be added with caps on them similar to mob number caps, read my previous posts plz)

DST got a lot of attention and ended up making people lose interest in DS especially when several of these "official" upgrades introduced by "Klei" only in DST which will have made Singleplayer DS a lot more fun as well but not being implemented early on perverted that from happening.

I did read it... but I already explained to you why they had to stick to DST development first. DST is undeniably the money maker rn and they needed to put all their resources there first to make the company as a whole much more stable.

Ofc that blocked DS progress but they are finally catching up to that with the much needed QoL and now with Hamlet and DS Roadmap.

Remember that so far we got Hamlet for free along with all the changes happening for general DS. So IMO we need to give the devs a break and see what are they gonna bring to the new seasons and to the DS experience. So far they have made a lot of cool changes with Hamlet and they have fixed tons of bugs from SW and optimization improvements as well. We are gonna have to wait and see what other things might be interesting to port and what other things should remain DST exclusives.

For me DS caves world gen options is at the top of the list for the next QoL.. and the "no overheating in caves" from DST in summer. That makes a lot of good IRL sense and also an intelligent way to give players a good season for spelunking. This actually came from DS days and it was highly suggested way before DST was even a thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@FreyaMaluk I hope the best for the devs and their dedication for making the games we play even more enjoyable, Thank you very much!

the best I think we can do as perhaps think of alternatives that can be implemented from DST and perhaps think of new stuff that can be added to enhance the game already.

of course somethings such as lack of Cave World Gen options/Overheating in caves in Summer needs to be addressed at first in order to let players have full "fun" with the content already available. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

fix coffee plants.

sword fish map icons.

dst lightning rods(not sure if this is true but I swear that the range for them in normal don't starve is shorter I had a lightning rod 5 tiles away from a bunch of chests and I saw them get struck)

make it so bosses spawn consistently(I've had an entire in game year without being attacked by a giant)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Computer-7 said:

dst lightning rods(not sure if this is true but I swear that the range for them in normal don't starve is shorter I had a lightning rod 5 tiles away from a bunch of chests and I saw them get struck)

make it so bosses spawn consistently(I've had an entire in game year without being attacked by a giant)

DS Lightning rods indeed have very short range
(tested with current RoG Spring where not even once did Lightning strike on rod, only other places)

This may be a bug in your game cause I had Deerclops spawn in Winter 3 days before Spring Season, and 3 days later Moosegoose Spawned.
(Tho I have heard that if you kill Deerclops before winter ends, there is a very very high chance another will spawn but it never did in my case)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, MWY said:

This may be a bug in your game cause I had Deerclops spawn in Winter 3 days before Spring Season, and 3 days later Moosegoose Spawned.
(Tho I have heard that if you kill Deerclops before winter ends, there is a very very high chance another will spawn but it never did in my case)

Giants in DS are not guaranteed spawn as they stated. My worst scenario was when I haven't got Goose till something around day 300 in WX world, and Goose is crucial because you can glitch egg and get unlimited charges this way.

The Deerclops thing is a myth I think, never happened to me. Giants set to "more" will spawn more than once during their season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Maslak said:

Giants in DS are not guaranteed spawn as they stated. My worst scenario was when I haven't got Goose till something around day 300 in WX world, and Goose is crucial because you can glitch egg and get unlimited charges this way.

The Deerclops thing is a myth I think, never happened to me. Giants set to "more" will spawn more than once during their season.

odd, I have Giants always spawning and I don't tweak their settings, infact its more common for me to have Deerclops then any other Giant in general.
(I note down time cause I want to make Obelisk of Eyes)

also the only setting I do tweak is of Krampus which doesn't effect their numbers until around day 70 where I got 4 to 5 krampus at once.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Using this method you can multiply eggs and they will never hatch on their own. Later you can just crack one egg open, get all the charge you need and then repeat when needed.
It's an exploit of a glitch, obviously.

Although now with thunderbirds it doesn't really mean a lot. Still a good way to farm down feathers, though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...