Who will be ensnared next? (Discussion)

With a list of unused characters, Wagstaff on his way to Hamlet, and a want for all new characters, I want this to be a discussion of character ideas, guesses, and what you personally like to see in a character!

I’m pretty sure everyone likes extra details.

I personally like that Wortox’s ghost has variations, and that certain things drop more and less souls, like how Webber drops two souls (proving that he and the spider are alive), and that WX leaves no soul (Oh how heartless!).

But I would personally love to see Wilton or something like them in the game just because of the possibilities!

the other one? No idea really... but we have seen the devs have already introduced some of these unused characters, so we probs should be looking here first?

5ca5cc5838fb3_Unusedcharacters1.jpg.ff787b53e01426e5e8c441d74398ae55.jpg

Wilton would be very cool IMO. Probs along the lines of Wormwood with very unique healing mechanics (probs can heal from Wortox's abilities)

Waverly would be interesting.. like full cauldron with potions and stuff like that... maybe even some dark arts conjuring creatures.... I mean.. cuz ,.. magic is fun!

Winnie ins't that interesting to me, unless she in fully vegetarian and offers something cool that doesn't just involves Beefalos... maybe goats might be nice cuz goats are a pain to move. She was already a thing in Up and Away so dunno if the devs are gonna introduce her. and from a design standpoint.. I dont like her character that much cuz she just looks like Wig but pale and blond... I would prefer original character designs. That's why I don't like Wallace either. Klei took his face shape for Woodlegs and his face is so original that I wouldn't want to have a similar silhouette. Now if they change his face that would be different.

I'd like to see a Bunnyman Character, for the lore of the Bunnymen!

My Ideas:

His/Her Abilities

• Doesn't fear the night, fears the sun:
    • Has Night Vision (Not fully like the Werebeaver but same range as a Lantern, a Touch or the meat indicator range of Bunnymen)
    • Doesn't loose any sanity during dusk/night/caves
    • Looses Sanity on the surface during daytime, loss is reduced by wearing water resistant clothes
  • Dislikes Meat:
    • Eating meat reduces his/her sanity and grants reduced stats (I know that Klei doesn't want to implement a fully vegetarian character)
  • Creates his/her own farm:
    • At least an ability to make carrots grow the whole year, otherwise he/she would have to kill Bunnymen every day to obtain carrots.
      • On the other hand, thanks to his/her Night Vision, he/she could just head over to the ruins to pick some Cave Bananas and Cave Lichen
    • Maybe a structure which provides heat to nearby farms?
      • Why does a Star Caller's Staff not allow plants to grow during Winter? Or... does it?
    • Or just the ability to plant Carrot Seeds like Wormwood can plant any seeds
      • They might need to be fertilized, but that would make Light Bulbs useful for him/her cause Light Bulbs can be turned into Rot which is already a nice fertilizer
      • Give him the ability to craft 2x Carrot Seeds out of 1x Carrot

Starting Items: Pickaxe (To mine the next sinkhole), 4x Carrot

Music Instrument: Nibble at a carrot

Name: Wunny (Rhymes with Funny, Runny and Bunny), Wabbit (Eeeh... What's up Doc?), Warrot (W + Carrot = War + Rot), ...

Ironically it's something of a farmer which fears the sun, a Bunnyman which heads for an adventure. He/She might be used to clean the ruins in earlygame or to make a base in the caves, just like Webber usually makes his base near spiders.

Aren't we getting wagstaff on both ds and dst?.

About the others, it may very well be some entirely new characters beyond those unimplemented ones. As mentioned before Wallace was recycled into woodlegs, Winnie was recycled into Wigfrid and also the name was later used in Winona (yeah, winona is our "winnie")

Waverly would be fun, another mage in the team would be interesting, and Wilton...  I have no idea how they would justify a walking skeleton but hey, its the constant! 

If I had to guess I'd pick Wagstaff, a big rework on Waverly (just like they did on wortox) and a completely new unseen character.

41 minutes ago, Viktor234 said:

I'd like to see a Bunnyman Character, for the lore of the Bunnymen!

My Ideas:

His/Her Abilities

• Doesn't fear the night, fears the sun:
    • Has Night Vision (Not fully like the Werebeaver but same range as a Lantern, a Touch or the meat indicator range of Bunnymen)
    • Doesn't loose any sanity during dusk/night/caves
    • Looses Sanity on the surface during daytime, loss is reduced by wearing water resistant clothes
  • Dislikes Meat:
    • Eating meat reduces his/her sanity and grants reduced stats (I know that Klei doesn't want to implement a fully vegetarian character)
  • Creates his/her own farm:
    • At least an ability to make carrots grow the whole year, otherwise he/she would have to kill Bunnymen every day to obtain carrots.
      • On the other hand, thanks to his/her Night Vision, he/she could just head over to the ruins to pick some Cave Bananas and Cave Lichen
    • Maybe a structure which provides heat to nearby farms?
      • Why does a Star Caller's Staff not allow plants to grow during Winter? Or... does it?
    • Or just the ability to plant Carrot Seeds like Wormwood can plant any seeds
      • They might need to be fertilized, but that would make Light Bulbs useful for him/her cause Light Bulbs can be turned into Rot which is already a nice fertilizer
      • Give him the ability to craft 2x Carrot Seeds out of 1x Carrot

Starting Items: Pickaxe (To mine the next sinkhole), 4x Carrot

Music Instrument: Nibble at a carrot

Name: Wunny (Rhymes with Funny, Runny and Bunny), Wabbit (Eeeh... What's up Doc?), Warrot (W + Carrot = War + Rot), ...

Ironically it's something of a farmer which fears the sun, a Bunnyman which heads for an adventure. He/She might be used to clean the ruins in earlygame or to make a base in the caves, just like Webber usually makes his base near spiders.

+ when he get insane,  he become a beard lord with extra damage but quicker hunger drain. That would be cool.

52 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

No one really knows yet. They didn't specify whether the new base game character (Wagstaff presumably) would be carried over to DST. In theory he should, since all the other base game characters are in DST.

If not then I guess it's fair since DST is also getting characters DS doesn't get. Maybe one day they can get all characters in both versions.

26 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

This isn't a sure thing.

IMO It wouldn't make sense for him to added to DST as the DLC chars seem to be tangential to the main canon, if Wortox is any indication. Wagstaff is way too important to the lore to be in that position.

And there is a sort of poetic aspect in the idea that Wagstaff and Winona ended up in two different points in time in the Constant despite entering the same portal around the same time in the real world.

Also, I've never found evidence that Wallace was reworked into Woodlegs. I think that's a fan theory based on the simple fact that they are two old guys with white hair and open mouths. But Wallace looks like a vampire-inspired character to me, so I don't understand this reasoning. Wallace would actually be my first choice for another returning concept like Wortox based on the fact that he was also very popular with fans. I think it would be neat if he was a monster hunter of some sort.

Wortox actually has quotes for a "next character" which seems to be a goat? Not sure what Klei is going for with that.

1 hour ago, ShadowDuelist said:

I think we are gonna get him in DS only, but i guess that might be a possibility for the future (?) The constant is a soup of time-space loopholes so I can't really say from the lore I know xD.

My idea:

Two-Headed Character

So sticking with the Gothic nature of the game and also the circus characters, I was thinking of something like Bette and Dot Tattler from America Horror Story. So a character with two heads, has two brains (two different sanity meters), but has one heart and stomach like other players.

The downside, is that the character has two sanity bars to deal with, one corresponding to each head. If one head goes crazy, even if the other isn't, they will get attacked by sanity monsters regardless. Each head can wear a hat, so if you want both of them to have good sanity, then you will have to have two hats; one for each head.

However, the major upside is that each head can wear a different hat. So for fighting in difficult seasons, this is really useful. You can wear armour on one head, while wearing cold, heat, rain or sanity protection on the other. So for example, when fighting in Summer, you no longer have to worry about overheating, as you can have a Football Helmet on one head and an Eyebrella on the other one.

And if you are a skilled player, and temperature and sanity aren't ever an issue, you can forget all about that, and just wear two Football Helmets, one on each head, and double your protection points. 

Also, maybe each head is voiced by a different instrument. 

Backstory is that she's a circus freak, the same one that Wolfgang came from. 

2 hours ago, ModsterMash said:

Wortox actually has quotes for a "next character" which seems to be a goat? Not sure what Klei is going for with that

Thats pretty neat actually, I didnt know that, do you have it at hand for me to read? Billy and mumsy actually said they'd follow after the gorge events so, we never know.

I don't see how Billy could be implemented as a character, but I would still love it if he would be introduced to the game.

5 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

The only character from this picture I can see them introducing is Wilton. Winnie seems too much like Wigfrid, Wallace looks too much like Woodlegs, and I doubt that they'll ever introduce Waverly(How would she put hats on when she already has a witch hat? Also, I don't want another white character.)

43 minutes ago, reverentsatyr said:

The only character from this picture I can see them introducing is Wilton. [...] I don't want another white character.

Ironically, Wilton is white too...
Also I think the developers will find a way to take Waverly's witch hat off.

Ok so here is a incredibly stupid idea.

what if wigfrids rework allows here to change roles?

what if she for some reason, decided to change it a shepherd.

Spoiler

Such as

Spoiler

Winnie?

Skin would be kinda hard to implement though. Unless wigfrid had completely separate skins for each role

2 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Thats pretty neat actually, I didnt know that, do you have it at hand for me to read? Billy and mumsy actually said they'd follow after the gorge events so, we never know.

Sure! It was shown in this thread:

image.png.86ad4589e2d059d258c5cf40e570375d.png.47c242e3e7e266a6000a1a2f9a704645.png

Wortox is the only one with "next character" quotes btw.

7 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

the other one? No idea really... but we have seen the devs have already introduced some of these unused characters, so we probs should be looking here first?

Wilton would be very cool IMO. Probs along the lines of Wormwood with very unique healing mechanics (probs can heal from Wortox's abilities)

Waverly would be interesting.. like full cauldron with potions and stuff like that... maybe even some dark arts conjuring creatures.... I mean.. cuz ,.. magic is fun!

Winnie ins't that interesting to me, unless she in fully vegetarian and offers something cool that doesn't just involves Beefalos... maybe goats might be nice cuz goats are a pain to move. She was already a thing in Up and Away so dunno if the devs are gonna introduce her. and from a design standpoint.. I dont like her character that much cuz she just looks like Wig but pale and blond... I would prefer original character designs. That's why I don't like Wallace either. Klei took his face shape for Woodlegs and his face is so original that I wouldn't want to have a similar silhouette. Now if they change his face that would be different.

winnie is my dead sister. i ate her

2 hours ago, reverentsatyr said:

I doubt that they'll ever introduce Waverly(How would she put hats on when she already has a witch hat? Also, I don't want another white character.)

Honestly Waverly is the character I want the most! The witch hat could simply be a starter item and not be constantly attached to her. Maybe wearing the witch hat causes magic items to use less durability or negate any sanity drain? Also her unused portrait by no means has to be her final appearance, just look at Wortox!

Anyway the primary role I'd want Waverly to have is to craft a cauldron for brewing strange foods/potions like a unique crockpot, and only Waverly could use the cauldron (maybe its portable like Warly's crockpot?) Foods/potions made with the cauldron would not just be for hunger/sanity/health but provide all sorts of buffs and debuffs. For example a potion that steadily warms you up but also lowers your hunger, or something that buffs your movement speed for a short time for the cost of your own damage.

Think Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild elixirs and foods but with negative sides.

22 minutes ago, ProfessorAlpaca said:

Honestly Waverly is the character I want the most! The witch hat could simply be a starter item and not be constantly attached to her. Maybe wearing the witch hat causes magic items to use less durability or negate any sanity drain? Also her unused portrait by no means has to be her final appearance, just look at Wortox!

Anyway the primary role I'd want Waverly to have is to craft a cauldron for brewing strange foods/potions like a unique crockpot, and only Waverly could use the cauldron (maybe its portable like Warly's crockpot?) Foods/potions made with the cauldron would not just be for hunger/sanity/health but provide all sorts of buffs and debuffs. For example a potion that steadily warms you up but also lowers your hunger, or something that buffs your movement speed for a short time for the cost of your own damage.

Think Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild elixirs and foods but with negative sides.

waverly seems a little too bound to halloween.

Archived