New update is toooooooo hard.

Although I've only got 2 hours logged into Don't Starve, the new update I am excited for -- while people are complaining about it being hard, I'm going to learn to adapt to new Changes on the fly and adapt my survival style. I like a challenge and I really hope Klei doesn't nerf the Winter Patch or anything else because it's fine the way it is. The reports of glitching will probably get fixed but thats about it :)Super excited to try out the new patch!! :) Enjoy it and adapt guys!

Sure things are different, but I'm treating everything now like it was my first time playing. Made it all the way through winter on adventure mode world one and died to hounds that night because my fire went out! Maybe to people who are having a hard time, don't expect to get very far and just take it as it comes. Don't request changes till you have fully experienced the game again.

Sure things are different, but I'm treating everything now like it was my first time playing. Made it all the way through winter on adventure mode world one and died to hounds that night because my fire went out! Maybe to people who are having a hard time, don't expect to get very far and just take it as it comes. Don't request changes till you have fully experienced the game again.

This. :) Totally all true :)

I also find the update quite challenging, but I welcome it. I have only had the game for a couple weeks and each game gets to a point where I feel like I'm just grinding and it's monotonous and "farmville" ish. Even those games got gradually harder with frequent and more vicious mob attacks, but winter adds a whole new level of difficulty and I'm excited about it.By the way, does anyone know how long winter lasts? I did not survive my first one, died on the third night :(

Guys, regardless of somebody feeling the game is too difficult, too easy or just right; the fact is that their feedback is valuable and we want to know their thoughts. So if you want to have a discussion about their thoughts, by all means, go for it. But enough with the bickering, it isn't doing any of us any good.I know you guys are mostly joking around, but not everybody who comes into this thread will, so let's try to keep things on track. Thanks

To the ones giving feedback that this game is too hard now:Before you are comming here, saying that this and that has been nerfed too hard, you might as well try to look for an alternative first. The game WAS too easy before this update. The world wasn't hating you, it was throwing resources and food in your face.To the ones flaming at the ones giving feedback:They are just telling us their opinion. If you don't agree with something, give constructive feedback or press Ctrl+WMy feedback:I don't think the pan flute recipe nerf was necessary. With the increased combat difficulty, it will be harder to get reeds anyway.But devs, have you given the whole meat nerf some thought? You are supporting farming and turtling like crazy. I am just sitting here with 3 bee boxes now and (i never farmed like that before) 8 turbo farm plots. It's working like a charm. So.. either way, make us get meat easier again, or nerf farming too. That would be my suggestion and feedback.

You have to understand this is still in beta, and devs are working things out. It's better to overtune then gradually reduce difficulty to a normalization rather than undertune and increase difficulty. You see how online communities react to this. Who knows, maybe this is actually what they wanted and is good for the game.Sandbox will also be tuned so that you can add/drop things you don't like and tailor the game to your requested difficulty. Don't worry!I think the pan flute nerf should have been inclusion of an ingredient other than a mandrake because I often find them at the very end of exploration of the entire world. You can't really use the pan flute when rushed by hounds or warrior spiders anyway. Just make deerclops and mac'tusk 50% immune to pan flute and the problem is solved.

I like the difficulty. I don't like that you have to learn which foods increase your sanity, which items help you survive the winter, etc. If you die to sanity or winter and you find out later that you coulda ate or wore something in your inventory to survive, you'd be upset, especially a new player.I think every item & food should have a tooltip that says how much hunger/sanity/health it restores, how much damage protection & mitigation it provides, how warm it keeps you during the winter, etc. And of course having an option to enable/disable tooltips for those who don't want it.

I think every item & food should have a tooltip that says how much hunger/sanity/health it restores, how much damage protection & mitigation it provides, how warm it keeps you during the winter, etc. And of course having an option to enable/disable tooltips for those who don't want it.

I think that's a good idea but it kind of goes against their whole no hand-holding policy.

The last few posts became way better, actually containing some valuable information...

If you die to sanity or winter and you find out later that you coulda ate or wore something in your inventory to survive, you'd be upset, especially a new player.

Basically, this. And

make us get meat easier again, or nerf farming too.

This.I enjoy not reading the wiki for the exact stats of tools and food, because I like to FEEL. When I'm about to starve and bleed to death, find a tallbird nest and make some eggs and bacon, and I can FEEL my hunger/health going up, and damn it's a good feeling! To make people easier know the stats of things with tooltips reduces the items to just stats, numbers...What would be good is an INDICATION to the item's usefulness. To tools, this is quite obvious. Gold axe is better than flint axe, winter hat helps you stay warm, spear increases your damage etc. The more difficult cases, however, is to intuitively know if meatballs give more sanity than fishsticks, kebobs, etc. I know they are food and makes you healthy, but sanitywise?? I have no idea... And since they don't increase sanity by much, I never FEEL the difference.What that indication might be, I have no idea... Similar to the spoiling mechanic? I don't know....Edit:I read the patchnotes, and crockpot food apparently gives the same amount of sanity.But I read a bit on the wiki, and it says cooked meat/morsels gives sanity. I had no idea it did that! Edited by Plospo

I think the double-nerf on combat was hard. I like that spiders are no longer 2-click pushovers, but hitting me both on equipment durability and lowering my damage was perhaps a little surprising. However, I would let some time pass before I commit to asking for a de-nerf.There are a lot more pig houses scattered around, which makes it less problematic to recruit pigs to help me.

The last few posts became way better, actually containing some valuable information...Basically, this. AndThis.I enjoy not reading the wiki for the exact stats of tools and food, because I like to FEEL. When I'm about to starve and bleed to death, find a tallbird nest and make some eggs and bacon, and I can FEEL my hunger/health going up, and damn it's a good feeling! To make people easier know the stats of things with tooltips reduces the items to just stats, numbers...What would be good is an INDICATION to the item's usefulness. To tools, this is quite obvious. Gold axe is better than flint axe, winter hat helps you stay warm, spear increases your damage etc. The more difficult cases, however, is to intuitively know if meatballs give more sanity than fishsticks, kebobs, etc. I know they are food and makes you healthy, but sanitywise?? I have no idea... And since they don't increase sanity by much, I never FEEL the difference.What that indication might be, I have no idea... Similar to the spoiling mechanic? I don't know....Edit:I read the patchnotes, and crockpot food apparently gives the same amount of sanity.But I read a bit on the wiki, and it says cooked meat/morsels gives sanity. I had no idea it did that!

I actually know a solution.Now, when you are examining a crockpot recipe, he just sais "I made it myself!"Maybe they should hint how much it gives? Like this:5-15 "That's a really poor meal"16-30 "A nutritious snack"31-60 "An average meal"60+ "That's what i call a meal!"Or something similar. You get the idea.

Love this update~ Having no problems as Wes~ some roads are cobble while others are a darker looking kind (possible to represent a dirt road rather then perfect man made ones~) Nice to be able to see roads on the map~ glad it's become a nice challenge while incorporating customized sandbox for easier play~ Love the fact that you need to hunt down parts to the next world (and that they are usually in ruins.) Community is fine compared to other forums. Love you all. *end opinions here*

I actually know a solution.Now, when you are examining a crockpot recipe, he just sais "I made it myself!"Maybe they should hint how much it gives? Like this:5-15 "That's a really poor meal"16-30 "A nutritious snack"31-60 "An average meal"60+ "That's what i call a meal!"Or something similar. You get the idea.

D:Nice and subtle... I like it!