Oxygen Not Included Roadmap March 2019

1 hour ago, yoakenashi said:

That's right community; it's up to us to post meaningful bug reports. Include your save files and log files. And let's give this team the support they need to put out an awesome game. I know I'm psyched.

Good bug reports are priceless. Mere complaining wastes developer time. 

46 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

Good bug reports are priceless

The hard part is that they've stopped responding to bug reports. They don't acknowledge most of them in the bug tracker, though they have occasionally acknowledged them in the player forums. There is no two way communication on the issue.  

This is really exciting news.  can't wait for the launch.   with 3 new biomes and more!  that's really awesome.

Hopefully, you will figure out how to reduce the endgame lag some more.  And the silly logs that keep piling up since cycle 1 when you're at cycle 1000.    

Autosaving Daily but the logs of each cycle keeps being repeatedly written each day when they don't change from the previous day.   I think you should just record logs separately from save files- maybe a subdirectory- associated to the Colony Name(game).

It's no secret... I bloody LOVE KLEI!
Keep up the good work guys..

How about the idea o introducing hostile colonies? Contact with other civilizations... Raids.. defense systems?
Man.. there is still so much that can be explored with this game....
Alien invaders..
Eyeclops.. Ops.. wrong game.. heheh

I request only one thing. A spot for Nisbet and Gossman in the animated short that will have to accompany the release. Also is combat ever going to have a purpose in the game? I mean you can use it to kill animals to eat but other than that  pacifist isn't much of a drawback. Not that I want my colonies burned to the ground necessarily but I do wonder.

8 hours ago, Ghengis_John said:

Also is combat ever going to have a purpose in the game? I mean you can use it to kill animals to eat but other than that  pacifist isn't much of a drawback. Not that I want my colonies burned to the ground necessarily but I do wonder.

I'm hoping we at least get an aggressive critter at launch, then a more fleshed out combat system (with new buildings, jobs, etc) in a DLC.

maybe we can follow duplicants to the worlds they fly to and be able to explore that world manually, that would be fascinating. and maybe you can build a lava asteroid mod where dups can dig nitronium and use it in building lava resistant things. i have lots of ideas but i don't know how far you guys can get, i bet you can do only sooo much ^^

maybe you can do swamps, that are basically muddy water and some wierd insects flying around them that can be harmfull to duplicants, so we can consider not having a scardy cat dups at the beginning of the game. maybe you can add some big monsters too to make the game a bit more exciting. i loved the variety of plants you did in the last update and am looking forward for more in the new bioms you mentioned. make the game challenging yet not so impossible to play please. i love your game so much and i'm so glad i bought it since beta release. thank you so much and good luck <3

Nice. Finally plan to launch.

BTW will there be any space intruders such as space pirates?

What happened before:

(WARNING: it includes REAL SPOILERS)

Spoiler

(I have an archived thread about intruders but some data miners found a sprite from game database and it looks like pirates.)

PIRATES!

My original idea:

Spoiler

09-27-35-1540291130775..jpg.25722e8f931c435898de128f7f1fd663.thumb.jpg.6c504778a23628c420688a5069af7b4d.jpg

On 18/03/2019 at 10:35 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

In late May, we will be coming out of Early Access with new content (3 new biomes, new creatures, new buildings, and more), and official mod support, making it possible for players to create game content of their own.

Waiting for so long about new biome

I did not know a better game, the developers of which have so strongly invested the soul in the game. Thank you for your hard work.

Waiting for new update and DLS.

Are you planning to add new parasitic creatures (like rats) to the game? They multiply rapidly and spoil the life of the colonists - they destroy the blocks, eat their food, attack. And which can be used as meat.

What about drug addiction, drug immune, drug side effects, drug overdose? And the requirement of scientist to prepare drugs as wrong proportions of formula could cause the creation of drugs that: a) do not have effect; b) cause overdose; c) create random effects like farts, food poisoning, serious illness, one in a minion super dupe stats. Super farts could be a nice tricky illness. On one way it could be a source of natural gas on other duplicant could die of suffocation.

Archived