Now with the QoL updates being done, what do you think comes next?

One of the things people wanted a few updates ago was a simple spring cleaning, to refine old or relatively new things because some had left some pretty bad bugs. So Klei decided to do a "The little things" update. And I think thats great. 

But they also said that the development is going to shift into more plain content, optimization, balancing and bug fixing. The QoL upgrades had very little content, just to would have the least possibility to reintroduce new bugs. Do you guys think that all "major" content is done so there's just little things left, or do you guys just think that the mechanics are all in place, so now they can introduce more content to these frames? For example, Jobs, Diseases, materials?

qol2 was bad in my opinion. qol1 at least had SOME content (like plants and decor stuff), but qol2 was just an 8 week waste 

major part of this update is this ability to see current chores and stuff which will be used by 5% of players and is useful only like 1 time when you messed up your priorities and want to understand what's going on.

it would be great if updates were: 1 content update (new deseases, elements, jobs), 1 polish update (qol + bugfixing) and so on, coz now with both of these qol updates it's 8 week of waiting and then immediate frustration when you read the blog post which describes content of the new update

still love this game, but it would be great to get at least some pieces of new content within existing systems in each update

@Alfons100: How do you know that the QoL updates are done? I read the post from @Ipsquiggle differently, which is why i asked for clarification in the update thread. But to my knowledge no reply has been made yet.

On 19.2.2019 at 7:26 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

Throughout the rest of the QoL Upgrades we will be continuing to monitor your feedback for more information on how we can improve the game. We've made some serious progress on bugs and polish this update, but there's still lots more to come! We've got even more systems to balance and optimization to perform.

On 19.2.2019 at 10:57 PM, blash365 said:

@Ipsquiggle: Just to clarify and to prepare our emotion curves. Does this mean that the next update will most likely be QoL Mk III?

P.S.: With that being said. Doctors!

On 24.12.2018 at 1:58 PM, blash365 said:

but at the moment (especially with the absense of doctors *cough*cough*), i dont mind the gases being less dangerous.

On 6.9.2018 at 7:56 PM, blash365 said:

Doctors? *sniff*

No reason we can`t get QoL mk3. There`s a lot of stuff that could use cleaning up. Like some of the space stuff (landing rockets still show as "Savegame" instead of their name). There are still a lot of bugs to squash.

After the QoL is done i expect balance upgrades. The undated roadmap mentioned "QoL and balance" as primary focuses so i think it`s about time for a balance pass on multiple things. Geyser outputs(especially the CO2, hydrogen and hot steam produce close to nothing), critter balance(PO2 to puft to pacu ratios), space destination balance(making further locations more worthwile, renewable wolframite), disease balance and maybe steam turbines geting a bit useful without exploits.

The art team didn`t do too much stuff for the last 2 upgrades. I wonder what are they working on. We still don`t have a goal of the game. I think there`s some serious work being done there we will see 2-3 upgrades from now.

I think we will get a space update and nuclear power.

Simply because space is underdeveloped in general and also you can find a lot of stuff in the database already that leads to some new refine process and of course radium.

Spoiler

brick.jpg.7356462f6579c631f59515107b19f4aa.jpg

5c7309948a4a3_buildingslab.jpg.f06b5796bc0320b128dddaf9bdb5795d.jpg

cement.jpg.b010b32c8f28a906a66147e47195349d.jpg

radium.jpg.81dc4c0669064fd35fc3836db7a7f44e.jpg

there's also cement mix, sand cement and crushed rocks/ice in the database, but you can look those up for yourself :)

2 hours ago, Khullag said:

qol2 was bad in my opinion. qol1 at least had SOME content (like plants and decor stuff), but qol2 was just an 8 week waste 

I know fixing bug is difficult, but I am a greedy simply minded lazy af game player who wants new playable content every update. And subjectively, I felt it was a waste of 8 weeks too. I like the idea of 1 new content, along with other polishing and bug fixing, otherwise I feel kinda unmotivated to play.

This 8 weeks were a waste, not because they didn't include new content, but because they managed to include new bugs that there are yet to be addressed and are extremely annoying.

A new QoL is more than necessary. Hopefully they will manage to multithread the biggest cpu hog of them all, temperature calculations.

16 hours ago, Alfons100 said:

One of the things people wanted a few updates ago was a simple spring cleaning, to refine old or relatively new things because some had left some pretty bad bugs. So Klei decided to do a "The little things" update. And I think thats great. 

But they also said that the development is going to shift into more plain content, optimization, balancing and bug fixing. The QoL upgrades had very little content, just to would have the least possibility to reintroduce new bugs. Do you guys think that all "major" content is done so there's just little things left, or do you guys just think that the mechanics are all in place, so now they can introduce more content to these frames? For example, Jobs, Diseases, materials?

There's going to be more QOL updates, they even confirmed it in the main post

Archived