[Game Update] - Welcome to the Year of the Pig King (304366)

• Developer

yotp_update.png

There's a spring in the step of our survivors this season as the world of Don't Starve says goodbye to the Year of the Varg, and hello to the Year of the Pig King! Bring in the new year by testing your mettle against the King's elite warriors in the most honourable wrestling ring, then collect festive prizes with your lucky winnings.

We have some special new skins available for everybody: the Year of the Pig King Collection. As always, you can either find them as drops in the game, weave them from spools, buy them directly ingame for yourself or head over to the steam store page to purchase them as gifts for friends!

The Year of the Pig King Collection can be purchased for $5.99USD per playable character and contains 2 unique item skins based on that character, or $12.99USD for the entire collection.

beefalohat_pigking.png

Players who log in before the end of the event will a special gift themed on this years event, so come check it out and get your Pig King Hat!

View full update

• Like 33
  • Thanks 7

I can't unravel/ravel(get new items with spools) any of the new stuff in the Vignette, Profile icon and ect

Character skins doesn't appear at all on Steam nor on the store in the game or in the Curio Cabinet

Works now! TY KLEI <3 <3

Edited by MrKoopa

Individual character chests with character-themed items included? That's a novel idea!

On an unrelated note, I certainly was surprised to see the update roll out so early in the morning. Was so worried that I'd wouldn't have been able to weave all the Winter's Feast stuff I held out on until the very end. I was waiting for my 4th chest to drop, after all.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, V2C said:

yotp_update.png

There's a spring in the step of our survivors this season as the world of Don't Starve says goodbye to the Year of the Varg, and hello to the Year of the Pig King! Bring in the new year by testing your mettle against the King's elite warriors in the most honourable wrestling ring, then collect festive prizes with your lucky winnings.

We have some special new skins available for everybody: the Year of the Pig King Collection. As always, you can either find them as drops in the game, weave them from spools, buy them directly ingame for yourself or head over to the steam store page to purchase them as gifts for friends!

The Year of the Pig King Collection can be purchased for $5.99USD per playable character and contains 2 unique item skins based on that character, or $12.99USD for the entire collection.

beefalohat_pigking.png

Players who log in before the end of the event will a special gift themed on this years event, so come check it out and get your Pig King Hat!

View full update

couple bugs, items cant be weaved and did not get login item

1 minute ago, YouKnowWho said:

Anybody get the gift thing? My friends say they haven’t gotten one, and I can’t check since I’m away from the computer 

I assume it is still booting up, just like the rest of the skins hnot being weaveable and not in the shop yet.

• Developer
1 minute ago, YouKnowWho said:

Anybody get the gift thing? My friends say they haven’t gotten one, and I can’t check since I’m away from the computer 

They should be able to get it now when they relogin. Sometimes it takes the servers a little bit more time to update.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

@V2C

It's there a reason why I can't use my spoils on last years itens? I tried making the emoticons but it says I can't!

Thank you for the help!

Edited by Tuxe
typed wrong
  • Like 1