Twitch Drop Encore

18 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Viktor said this...

I think it's pretty clear what he said... 

He is either confused about what a doggo or a helmet means imo.. 

Anyways... Dunno why sometimes people cannot just admit they didn't understand something.. 

Well, you didn't admit that you didn't understand my answer and started a flamewar instead.

5 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

I read it as: Year of the Dog event didn’t bring back the gobbler-themed skins from the previous year’s Year of the Gobbler event, so it’s unlikely that this year’s Chinese New Year event will bring back last year’s skins.

The items of Year of the Gobbler are available in the steam market (except the Loyal one), being released by drops.

The items of Year of the Varg works in the same way like Forge/Gorge (purchasable in the shop).

The Verdant skins set comes from Year of the Varg (and was added as DLC option too), so would be nice see the rest of the collection (1 Varg helmet, 1 Varg hat & 2 Vargling skins) again:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/798750/Dont_Starve_Together_All_Verdant_Spring_Chest/

17 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

I read it as: Year of the Dog event didn’t bring back the gobbler-themed skins from the previous year’s Year of the Gobbler event, so it’s unlikely that this year’s Chinese New Year event will bring back last year’s skins.

In every event u can weave the skins from the past iteration of the same event... For instance winters feast, forge, etc... I don't mean to get them as drops but that u can weave them during the new Chinese year event.

Anyways... To much said on the topic...

I hope the devs allow us to weave them during the year of the pig event, I've seen other people too who missed the event like myself and it might be nice to be able to weave them. 

This also applies to the portrait icons and backgrounds, emoticons etc

17 hours ago, Viktor234 said:

Well, you didn't admit that you didn't understand my answer and started a flamewar instead.

Actually I did ask u what u meant.. And u answered that doggo could mean anything... When I clearly said doggo helmet ... Sooo... whatever

"Doggo" is dog. Helmet is... a fluffy woven fez obviously a combat helmet.

Those 2 nouns describe only one thing in the context of "Year of the Varg" event and skins:

dog_helmet

Rest is pointless internet cacophony.

And friendly chaps out there should be at least sincere when making (intentional trolilol ez pz ree) mistakes. Cheers!

Nice of Klei for giving another chance to people that didn't get the Twitch skins first time around, ty!

30 minutes ago, Earthwake said:

So does this mean there is one week where all the items will drop? Or each week one of the items will drop?

i had the same question, it'll cicle all over again, each week one of the items will be available again during that whole week.
one week the birdcage items, the next week the thermometer, the next the tent -not exactly in this order, just as an axemple-

It's cool that people have a 2nd chance to get these drops, but I feel like they shouldn't be able to drop from gifts or by purchasing them. They are loyal tier skins, and it also kinda takes away the value of them. Still cool though.

22 hours ago, JoeW said:

After the encore period these items will no longer be available on Twitch, however we do plan make them available for purchase or as rare drops some time in the future - We're still trying to figure that out.  

rare drop like a elegant or with loyal rarity?

17 hours ago, Namelessgamer said:

Thank you i missed the first two drops i will be able to get it now

Wait I can get drops from watching DS too?

Yes!  Some of us struggling Twitch streamers are "stuck" with pure DST content sadly.  The separation of DS and DST channels in Twitch has been an absolute nightmare.  A few of us have created a late night English community trying to create awareness that DS IS IN FACT a game that exists and has drops.  We want to play more SW/Hamlet :( Many people are unaware and leave sadly despite how much we try :D.  In fact, one of the streamers tried to bring awareness during the dev stream today but went completely ignored.  At least the Klei channel hosted a Hamlet stream so that's something :D

• Developer
5 minutes ago, azat130 said:

Am i missing something, i don't see "Drops enabled" on any streamer and streamers themselves don't know that it is enabled

The system is working on the streams of those users that have enabled it. If the stream doesn't have it enabled, then the streamer needs to link their twitch account with Klei. They should receive a notification in twitch about it.

12 minutes ago, PeterA said:

The system is working on the streams of those users that have enabled it. If the stream doesn't have it enabled, then the streamer needs to link their twitch account with Klei. They should receive a notification in twitch about it.

For me literally no streamer has it enabled, its just weird 

Untitled.png

Archived