[Game Update] - 298494

• Developer
  • Copy Building tooltip includes the hotkey
  • Recipes on fabrication buildings are now clickable to show detailed information (some information still missing) as well as queue controls.
  • Recipes can be queued up to 99 times, and have a text entry box.
  • Build menu line weights for even more buildings
  • Fixed helmet location in Jet suit locomotion anims
  • The correct number of fibers are returned on deconstruct of a fiber building
  • Added more debugging to rocket module destruction. This information is saved into your save file, so if you (1) launch a rocket after this hotfix and (2) it comes back with missing parts, then (3) please make a bug and attach your save file so we can track this down once and for all! :)
  • Final art for new sculpture variations
  • Sound effects for Fish Relocator interacts
  • Sound effects for Jet Suit tool anims

Hotfix 298560

• Infinite queue on fabricators will once again get worked by dupes

View full update

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

Mhh all artwork sculptures are "reset" and artist refuse to reshape it/design..
Dupes idle and there are plenty of open tasks of all sorts..

image.thumb.png.ed1dfb4e17602954da0d3213710556bf.png

When zoomed out far, this statue reminds me at something..

phallus.PNG.b6f7ccf05a040cf9d893147cff060aa9.PNG
Critters stuck in place again
stuck.PNG.525bcd5dd135b1e132b5b992da717b57.PNG
Edit: The statues miss only the right texture, they are finished "NOT incomplete artwork"

Edited by Oozinator
  • Haha 7

Along with the changes to prevent various weird building overlaps from being built, we seem to have lost the ability to build tiles over the connecting ends of joint-plates.  It's like the joint-plate now basically take up a 1x3 square instead of a 1x1 square.  Please reconsider this change, as it makes these very difficult to deal with now in regards to sealed rooms and vacuum locks.  I understand that it's still possible, and I've been working with it, but it's really not fun.

2 minutes ago, Xyer said:

Seems that it is not yet fixed. My poor hatchlings are still starving to death. :wilson_cry:

Mhh my hatches eat sandstone from feeder..open.thumb.PNG.46099383b062e5e45c420edd9db98e79.PNG

4 minutes ago, Nitroturtle said:

Along with the changes to prevent various weird building overlaps from being built, we seem to have lost the ability to build tiles over the connecting ends of joint-plates.  It's like the joint-plate now basically take up a 1x3 square instead of a 1x1 square.  Please reconsider this change, as it makes these very difficult to deal with now in regards to sealed rooms and vacuum locks.  I understand that it's still possible, and I've been working with it, but it's really not fun.

So weird, the connecting ends always blocked for tiles, not new for me..

4 minutes ago, Nitroturtle said:

I believe the joint-plate taking up a 1x3 space should be intentional as you are expected to connect heavi-watt wires on either ends and those wires cannot be built on/under other tiles anyway.

1 minute ago, Oozinator said:

Mhh my hatches eat sandstone from feeder..open.thumb.PNG.46099383b062e5e45c420edd9db98e79.PNG

So weird, the connecting ends always blocked for tiles, not new for me..

Weird. I will wait for a new batch of hatches and see if those eat from the feeder for a final verdict.

2 minutes ago, Xyer said:

I believe the joint-plate taking up a 1x3 space should be intentional as you are expected to connect heavi-watt wires on either ends and those wires cannot be built on/under other tiles anyway.

Weird. I will wait for a new batch of hatches and see if those eat from the feeder for a final verdict.

Open ranch perhaps the difference?

38 minutes ago, Xyer said:

Yes, and the heavi-watt wire takes up the tile spot when it's built.  The joint place should only take up the tile space in the wall, like it has forever.

33 minutes ago, akrabat14 said:

What about rockcomet temperature? Will you return it to its original position or not? already 4 days asking about it

Could you explain which change you noticed ? (/which impact it got on the game)

Seems continuous systems are the problem in the current build ...

Automated plant farms don´t work anymore and now I noticed that my wild hatches stopped eating out of my critter feeder.

(It´s like old times: Building a storage compactor and dropping it´s content somewhere inside the stable.)

My (only) grill set to barbeque did show no workable order ... (considering my 24.000kcal meat)

=> So the grill didn´t check for more than a whole cycle

Edited by Lilalaunekuh

47 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Не могли бы вы объяснить, какое изменение вы заметили? (/ которые влияют на игру)

The temperature of the regolith with rockcomet increased from 200-260C to 360-415C did I really notice it alone?

34 minutes ago, akrabat14 said:

The temperature of the regolith with rockcomet increased from 200-260C to 360-415C did I really notice it alone?

Ok that got some impact on my current gameplay: No more usage for dirt tempshift plates / crude oil close to the surface

But I like the idea of increasing the challenge/problems comets are providing (considering there is no more urgent need to cover the surface)

7 hours ago, Xyer said:

I think the issue here is more that you can't build the sticking out plug of the Joint Plate in a tile that is occupied by a machine like a Metal Refinery or Aquatuner or whatever.  This forces you to resize your builds to accommodate this 1x3 nature for a 1x1 object.

Because you can run Heavy-Watt behind a Refinery, and indeed plug directly in with it.  But what @Nitroturtle seems to be describing is that the Joint Plate's plug ends cannot be occupying the same space as that same Refinery which the Heavy-Watt itself will be connected to.  So where you could previously just have the edge of the Refinery right against the wall the Joint Plate was built into, you must now move it over 1 tile to accommodate the Joint Plate.

42 minutes ago, PhailRaptor said:

I think the issue here is more that you can't build the sticking out plug of the Joint Plate in a tile that is occupied by a machine like a Metal Refinery or Aquatuner or whatever.  This forces you to resize your builds to accommodate this 1x3 nature for a 1x1 object.

I am able to build joint plates such that the port is behind machinery. Except when that port overlaps the machinery's port. Which was the entire point because doing so often causes problems.

I think the complaint being that it makes retrofitting joint plates into existing sealed rooms a bit more difficult. 

Edited by wachunga

There is a new metal refinery bug that allows it to run without enough coolant. Doing so causes the coolant to heat up more than it would with the proper amount of coolant. This is potentially the issue you are having but it's impossible to say without more information than is provided in your screenshots.

Edited by wachunga
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, wachunga said:

There is a new metal refinery bug that allows it to run without enough coolant. Doing so causes the coolant to heat up more than it should. This is potentially the issue you are having but it's impossible to say without more information than is provided in your screenshots.

The refinery is receiving a constant flow of 120 degree F oil from a pump below, it is being output to a liquid vent on the right. The flow of super hot liquid is constant.

The metal refinery breaks every time I try to use it.

The queue is set to infinite, I've tried it with 99, and get similar results.

Not sure why the metal refinery is being this obstinate....

Edited by ruhrohraggy