DST in December and the New Year!

35 minutes ago, Lakurius said:

Did you even read my post..?

Yes, and I mean (if you don't understand me) that rebalancing of the characters maybe is a good thing, but it's definitely not so necessary for the game, as you trying to prove. Many people don't care, and some are quite happy with current state of things. Don't think that if you want this rebalance, then everyone desperately wants it too...

9 minutes ago, Merveilleux said:

Does it mean we have to wait 1 year again for winter wigfrid set? 

C'mon Klei, pls don't do it to us, we've already waited so long... :(

They've decided and that's the way things are.

Even if they changed their minds they aren't going to make 6 skins in 2 weeks

21 minutes ago, White Wolf said:

Yes, and I mean (if you don't understand me) that rebalancing of the characters maybe is a good thing, but it's definitely not so necessary for the game, as you trying to prove. Many people don't care, and some are quite happy with current state of things. Don't think that if you want this rebalance, then everyone desperately wants it too...

I understood you perfectly fine, though you were talking about stuff i didnt even say in my post.

I've played this game a lot (3000 hours playtime) and i've seen quite some people that suffered from bad character balance.

1 hour ago, White Wolf said:

Uhm I his opinion is well-meant. Some character changes could make the game more fun or fair. Most people play their favourite character because they can distinguish between good and bad traits - your argument that most people don't care is invalid. Wes is an exception. Take Willow and Woodie for example, their original perks were nerfed and people still disliked it. So your argument that some people are happy about that is invalid, too. Also, survival balance is not in a good shape. Like, the raising of HP of most mobs didn't really contribute to promoting teamwork. Some people WANT to play the game in a team, but where is the purpose if everything is still too easy even you alone can survive alone without much effort? It's still ROG with some new, but optional content that need more players to deal with them effectively.

So, what's bad about wishing a balance change?

3 hours ago, Lakurius said:

I've played this game a lot (3000 hours playtime) and i've seen quite some people that suffered from bad character balance.

And I've seen enough people enjoying the "weak", in your opinion, characters :) (Besides, I don’t think there are strong and weak characters, I think there are those who are easier and harder to play for).
In any case, I'm not against rebalancing, but I don't consider this an important and necessary thing. Imho. But if in the future the devs improve the situation and make the game for some characters more interesting and more focused for the cooperative, it will be very nice.

1 hour ago, axxel said:

So, what's bad about wishing a balance change?

О_о I never said that character rebalancing is bad. I said, that it's not so important. And that there are some people who are completely satisfied with characters as they are, and don't much care about it (I don't mean all people(!)).
But nevertheless, I'll be happy if in the future developers make the game more interesting and aimed at a cooperative (however, we shouldn't forget that there are people who like to play alone).

Most people play their favourite character because they can distinguish between good and bad traits - your argument that most people don't care is invalid. Wes is an exception.

I meant that many people are satisfied with the characters as they are. (I don't mean all people №2).

Take Willow and Woodie for example, their original perks were nerfed and people still disliked it.

But I like to play for Willow, and I often see Woodie and a weak, so to speak, characters on the servers. And honestly, I have not heard complaints. (Although I admit that someone is complaining...)

Some people WANT to play the game in a team, but where is the purpose if everything is still too easy even you alone can survive alone without much effort? It's still ROG with some new, but optional content that need more players to deal with them effectively.

Yeah, this is the stumbling-stone of the whole game: for some - too easy, for some - too difficult. Developers are trying to make the game playable for all players.

@White Wolf It is perfectly fine to wish/suggests for something. Though I see it from a different viewpoint where balancing would be more sense before putting content. Well, if Klei's ok with some characters with underwhelming playability, I complained onced and try not to repeat that. Here I tried to defend @Lakurius's point because you made it seem he is arrogant with his demand (he's just a kid :D) and thus this isn't worth to be noticed.

I meant that many people are satisfied with the characters as they are. (I don't mean all people №2).

I would agree with 'some people' but 'many people'? It may be not about survival, but Forge showed something different. It's not about choosing a character for yourself, others might comment on your choice, too. There are some Wendy mains who complain about her and Abby. Same goes for Gorge!Woodie and Gorge!Wigfrid. It was hard to complete Wendy quests because many, yes many, agreed that the Wendy player should change the character. However, it's a different playstyle as the normal survival game can be beaten without any good perk. If there is a much harder survival server you would choose the best character for this situation because nuisances aren't really fun if you haven't much pratice.

42 minutes ago, White Wolf said:

But I like to play for Willow, and I often see Woody and a weak, so to speak, characters on the servers. And honestly, I have not heard complaints. (Although I admit that someone is complaining...)

I main Willow, too. But I see the removal of her best traits not a good 'balance' change. You should search the forums for critics of her or other characters.

I feel that the discussion about character balance has gone on for so long with nothing actually happening that most of the people who do care gave up on it. That's what happened with me, at least under a different account that I don't use now. All of our ideas are already out there, and trying to make our voices heard just feels pointless now.
...for me, it's not even so much that the characters need to be balanced; without a complete game overhaul in the vein of the Forge, PvP in this game will never matter even remotely, so balance doesn't really matter. Klei's balance is close enough for a PvE game.
The changes I'm interested in would be ones that make the character choices actually have some impact on gameplay again. Amplifying the traits of the characters and their personalities and playstyle, like that one suggestion to have Wes gain aggro more easily than other characters, with balloons having priority after him; it'd keep the 'pick this character if you want a harder time' theme, but give him an actual gameplay/team identity that directly ties into that without taking away from the playstyle.

...I'd go on, but yea, we already beat this topic and most possible changes of this sort to death a long time ago. I just wanted to point out that those of us who want character reworking haven't gone anywhere. We're just not loud about it anymore.

On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 1:15 AM, JoeW said:

Year of the Pig King (Lunar New Year):

Similar to the Year of the Gobbler and Year of the Varg, We have an update planned for Lunar New Year with a small set of new skins. This update will remain in the base game and will continue to be playable beyond the holiday. More details will be coming just before that update. 

You can expect this late January or early February, just shortly after Winter's Feast ends.

I really know this is not the point of the post and I am more than excited about new content... but I am curious if will we be able to weave Year of the Varg event items during Year of the Pig King. Are the "Year of the Something" events considered different seasons of the same event?

1 hour ago, LanaMyriad said:

I really know this is not the point of the post and I am more than excited about new content... but I am curious if will we be able to weave Year of the Varg event items during Year of the Pig King. 

I hope we can, or at least have the DLC option of item skins (just like the survivors who is available already).

"Similar to "A New Reign" Don't Starve Together will once again receive new content updates primarily centered around a elements that progress the world of Don't Starve and the Survivors that find themselves within it.”

There's Don't Starve means Console Game or just dont's starve's world view:confused:

This will be my first year where I'm actually paying attention to the winter skins, so I have a quick question about it - Are the Winter's Feast skins a part of the 4 drops per week? So that would mean I have a limited amount of "tries" to get lucky? (Besides buying them from the Steam market.)

8 minutes ago, hiabara said:

This will be my first year where I'm actually paying attention to the winter skins, so I have a quick question about it - Are the Winter's Feast skins a part of the 4 drops per week? So that would mean I have a limited amount of "tries" to get lucky? (Besides buying them from the Steam market.)

Every skin is part of the 4 drops per week but skins you can't weave with spools need to be bought from the steam market; most weavable skins can be also bought from the Klei store.

35 minutes ago, hiabara said:

They can be obtained via the winter chests that drop instead of a common skin. Your chance to get them is pretty low though

Thanks for the replies, guys :) It's unfortunate to hear that it's a limited amount of chests because I really love the winter skins, but it seems like you need some luck to get them and then get even more lucky to get them for a character you actually play. 

Well, I do like to see the return of the skins and maybe I'll have some luck! We'll see :)

5 minutes ago, hiabara said:

Thanks for the replies, guys :) It's unfortunate to hear that it's a limited amount of chests because I really love the winter skins, but it seems like you need some luck to get them and then get even more lucky to get them for a character you actually play. 

Well, I do like to see the return of the skins and maybe I'll have some luck! We'll see :)

You can also weave those winter skins if you have enough spools. Good luck to you!

On 04/12/2018 at 10:15 PM, JoeW said:

Winter's Feast is coming back this year however we haven't made any substantial changes this time around and we won't be offering new skins.

I'm so thankful for doesn't have new skins (because I don't have money lul) :wilson_ecstatic:

Archived