Reign of Giants public test: March 20th Update

Me and my sister spent all of yesterday playing. Everything ran smoothly, and we experienced no crashes whatsoever. There were some minor oddities and bugs, but nothing game-breaking across several plays.

A few of the bugs/oddities we encountered:

- Some world options show up in the world edit menu twice now. The pighead picture, for example - but there are multiple duplicates.

- Ominous Deerclops growling isn't heard by all players.

Dragonfly is working properly as far as falling asleep after eating enough ash. However, Bearger isn't falling asleep after eating 10 honey. Or 20 for that matter.

Wait. Are the other giants appear on current DST test version?

- Checked. Oh I don't know Klei had updated them. lol...

Wait. Are the other giants appear on current DST test version?

As far as I know you can spawn them in. However anyone who joins the server other then the host crashes instantly. So no, I don't think they were officially added yet.

EDIT: On a side note I don't know if anyone else noticed the duplicate beefalo in the world preset selection beyond the duplicate touch stone one. Also I noticed that there is no world preset selection for tallbirds.

• Developer

Also, everyone regarding Lure Plant Spawning. The amount of lureplants is saved into the world, so you can either

• regenerate your world, or
  • enter the following console command to reconfigure an existing world:
You must be HOST or an ADMIN to use this command successfully.

1. Open the console with the ~ key.

2. If you are on a dedicated server: Tap "ctrl" key so that the word "remote:" appears next to the input box.

3. Type the following and then press enter:

TheWorld.components.lureplantspawner:SpawnModeMed()
There will be no feedback that the change was successful, but if there were no errors/crash then your world should be fixed and lureplants should spawn infrequently again!

I have yet to see the majority of any of these bugs that people have reported with exception to the charcoal from trees, which is hardly anything.

I bet alot the "bug reporters" are running old worlds after the game has been updated and are running a crap load of mods.  Reporting errors for an unstable beta while you are running 20 unsupported mods is completely UNRELIABLE.  Your bugs/errors could very well likely be do to something you are running locally, yet we will never now.  Hence the unreliablity aspect.

Found a group of guard pigs killing each other for no discernible reason.

Used c_spawn("Goose") to spawn Goose/Moose, created a static creature that could not be interacted with (probably because it isn't hooked up yet).

Some werepigs after full moon remained as werepigs when found later.

I had both of these issues, but the guard pigs also happened on regular DS:RoG

I have yet to see the majority of any of these bugs that people have reported with exception to the charcoal from trees, which is hardly anything.

I bet alot the "bug reporters" are running old worlds after the game has been updated and are running a crap load of mods.  Reporting errors for an unstable beta while you are running 20 unsupported mods is completely UNRELIABLE.  Your bugs/errors could very well likely be do to something you are running locally, yet we will never now.  Hence the unreliablity aspect.

I play with no mods, on the most recent version with a new world, and I have gotten many of these bugs. It's not safe to assume that just because you don't get them, everyone else doesn't.

BUG in 131117:

1.I passed second autumn,and saved.When I resumed the world,I found that pig house,trees and drying rack are burning in no reason.

2.Crash when I used fire staff.

3.I can't use any item(including straw roll and tent) to sleep,after I turned off the hound in world generator.

Hi,

i have other crash on my server dedicated

unfortunately I only find little error in log.txt sorry

Ready....    0    
Set....    0    
Go!    0    
invalid key to 'next'
LUA ERROR stack traceback:
=[C]:-1 in (local) (for generator) © <-1--1>
scripts/update.lua:177 in () ? (Lua) <146-213>
   dt = 0.033333335071802
   tick = 843138

SCRIPT ERROR! Showing error screen    
QueryServerComplete no callback

I hope this will help you

• Developer

Bug: Crash when Ice Flingomatic attempts to put out continuous fire in mid-summer

Reproduce: Plant a grass field farm with the edge a bit outside Flingomatic range. A while after trying to put out fire, game crash.

Here is the error report:

11078742_1727261744167166_541067877_o.jp

This image link seems to be broken. Any change you could try again?

@Etna, Strange, it loaded for me in the post and the quoted post. But it's the same stack trace as what ToNiO55 reported.

Edit: Specifically:

Ready....    0    

Set....    0    
Go!    0    
invalid key to 'next'
LUA ERROR stack traceback:
=[C]:-1 in (local) (for generator) © <-1--1>
scripts/update.lua:177 in () ? (Lua) <146-213>
   dt = 0.033333335071802
   tick = 843138

SCRIPT ERROR! Showing error screen    
QueryServerComplete no callback

We did a DST session yesterday and haven't run into any major bugs that haven't been reported so far. One oddity was before winter hit and it got cold enough we would take cold damage without any prior freezing warning. Once winter started we started getting the screen freezing effect as normal.

Also, I'm not entirely sure how the deerclops is supposed to behave. We ran into one not too far away from base and just ran a few screens away and left him there. As far as I can tell he just idled there all winter without coming after us or really moving around. Is that normal? I don't have much experience with the giants, but I expected they might be more... pesky?

Archived