Reign of Giants public test: March 20th Update

We did a DST session yesterday and haven't run into any major bugs that haven't been reported so far. One oddity was before winter hit and it got cold enough we would take cold damage without any prior freezing warning. Once winter started we started getting the screen freezing effect as normal.

Also, I'm not entirely sure how the deerclops is supposed to behave. We ran into one not too far away from base and just ran a few screens away and left him there. As far as I can tell he just idled there all winter without coming after us or really moving around. Is that normal? I don't have much experience with the giants, but I expected they might be more... pesky?

This happened to me as well. I was out foraging on the 4th day of winter and it spawned a screen away and started to chase me. I eventually got on a road and outran him, but instead of chasing me back to base, which I would expect a boss monster to do, it kinda sat there and eventually despawned. I haven't tested it further but I'm pretty sure this strategy could be used to cheese the threat completely. Just have someone drag him away from base and then leave him in the middle of the wilderness somewhere.

It is common find A LOT of skeleton around the map? My dedicated server is default, and in all my worlds I can find too much good items, such as:

- Miner hat

- Puffy Vest

- Walking Cane

- Among others.

in the DST it isn't easy.

They might have increased the spawn rate of "special" finds like that to compensate for it being multiplayer.

I have never had this issue. Have you tried disabling your mods?

It's a bug that has been in DS:T for awhile now.  Also it has nothing to do with mods.  Basically if your the host of a server and you hear the audio queue for Deerclops coming (the low growling) ask if anyone else hears it.  Usually the response will be that no one else can hear it.  So he eventually pops up out of nowhere; if the host is not paying attention or is not present within the game.

Nothing major but I've noticed a small visual bug involving bugged out flowers like this one showing up on my screen from time to time when I was walking around on this server.

zKk5ZUU.jpg

If you can't find it, it's right above the tentacle spike in my inventory.

@Etna, Strange, it loaded for me in the post and the quoted post. But it's the same stack trace as what ToNiO55 reported.

Edit: Specifically:

I have deleted one of my mods that seems make this error: alwaysontikitorch

but im not sure of course, it's just a possibility, I will see if I have another similar crash

This happened to me as well. I was out foraging on the 4th day of winter and it spawned a screen away and started to chase me. I eventually got on a road and outran him, but instead of chasing me back to base, which I would expect a boss monster to do, it kinda sat there and eventually despawned. I haven't tested it further but I'm pretty sure this strategy could be used to cheese the threat completely. Just have someone drag him away from base and then leave him in the middle of the wilderness somewhere.

Same, sorta.

What I've done successfully the last few times, is have a fire pit set up a bit away from the base, near a road for easy access.  When I hear the grumbling sound, I simply bolt for the firepit and wait for him to show up.  I think after the 3rd or 4th? growl he will show up and destroy the fire pit, or whatever other buildings nearby. 

At this point I run away from him up the road and every time he seems to despawn.

I thought the same thing in that he would make his way to the main base since that was where I initially was located.  It seems after he destroys something though, and with nothing else to interact with, he goes away. 

Could be for balance?

Oh, and I noticed as well, that I, (host) could hear the grumbling, but my friend (client), who was a ways away, heard nothing at all.  So maybe its only in proximity that you can hear it.  Was this different in vanilla ROG?

I have deleted one of my mods that seems make this error: alwaysontikitorch

but im not sure of course, it's just a possibility, I will see if I have another similar crash

Thats the issue with mod and these unstable branches.  Best approach would be process of elimination and start removing ones that aren't hud related first, and then go from there.

I haven't had any issues with any of these:

always on status

minimap,

health info

smarter crockpot

bee nice

gesture wheel

global player icons

Thats the issue with mod and these unstable branches.  Best approach would be process of elimination and start removing ones that aren't hud related first, and then go from there.

I haven't had any issues with any of these:

always on status

minimap,

health info

smarter crockpot

bee nice

gesture wheel

global player icons

global player icons works good for me

i use also craftable gears and mineable gems

I have never had this issue. Have you tried disabling your mods?

I dont use mods.  really as client you hear it?  I've fought 3 deerclops now I never heard any of them growl when they spawned and one even spawned near me, as in I was the spawning player.

• Developer

If anyone sees the butterflies/bees in winter, could you please type this in your console at the moment you see them:

c_dumpworldstate()

And then post the last 30-or-so lines of your log (it will have a bunch of values for seasons and snow and stuff).

This will help us determine what conditions they are appearing under. Thanks!

Hi @Ipsquiggle,

so you have lucky i have server on winter right now

and i have use your command when i have see butterflies on my server

log.txt:

[ToNiO:KU_*******] ReceiveRemoteExecute(c_dumpworldstate()) @(-414.32, -224.99)
summerlength    15    
seasonprogress    0.2    
elapseddaysinseason    3    
isfullmoon    false    
moisture    1486.7875976562    
springlength    20    
moonphase    quarter    
precipitationrate    0    
winterlength    15    
iswinter    true    
issummer    false    
moistureceil    1691.7388916016    
isday    true    
remainingdaysinseason    12    
isnight    false    
isdusk    false    
isspring    false    
isautumn    false    
issnowing    false    
wet    false    
snowlevel    1    
issnowcovered    true    
autumnlength    20    
pop    0.77662241386043    
israining    false    
season    winter    
worldmoisture    0    
timeinphase    0.83524530198839    
cycles    244    
precipitation    none    
phase    day    
temperature    -11.153242107269    
time    0.31321698824565

this is the only result I have in my log.txt after use your command

i hope that's going help you or if it's not done correctly, tell me

do you want other test with bees in winter?

150324121728859403.png

Archived