[Game Update] - 271312

• Developer
  • Fixed OSX ground/space rendering issues.
  • Disabled fmod logging which was unintentionally re-enabled due to the fmod upgrade.
  • Solar panels clear their shadow casting when destroyed.
  • Comets add more Regolith and should spawn it directly as falling ore.
  • Improve characteristics of steel and ceramic; recategorized many of the new materials.
  • Fixed thermal conductivity tooltip in details panel.
  • Glass forge width is now 5.
  • Ceramic overheat temperature modifier is now +200.
  • Ceramic decor modifier is now +0.2.
  • Creatures can no longer be marked for sweeping.
  • Fix eggs incorrectly incubating on load when contained in non-incubator storage.
  • Fix egg incubation buff effect from rancher interaction not reapplying on load.
  • Falling sand now falls through open doors.
  • Cooking ingredients can once again be stored/used.
  • Fixed crash when ore lands near the edge of the world.
  • Fixed crash that could occur when placing transit tubes.
  • Swamp Lily Flowers now have a category.
  • Eggs cooked outside of the cooking station should now preserve their mass.
  • Fixed crash when deconstructing wires at the edge of the world.
  • Several Duplicant interactions such as eating/digging/construction are no longer framerate dependant.
  • Comets never destroy Neutronium.
  • Eggs that become inviable now create the appropriate mass of raw egg/shell.
  • Added comet sounds.
  • Dreckos should no longer be able to pass through closed doors on corners.
  • Fixed lighting preview when placing lights.
  • Fixed refiniery not consuming ingredients.
  • Eggs no longer count towards a pen's critter count. 
  • Fixed a crash when certain objects were spawned outside the simulation grid.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur if you built a travel tube entrance then connected a travel tube then destroyed the entrance when it had enough charge, then built a new entrance in the same spot.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur when using sandbox tools to destroy Puft/Slicksters while they were inhaling.
  • Fixed a crash that would occur if had a syntax error editing Tuning.json while the game was running.
  • Translated strings are now allowed to have less <link> tags than the english version. They just can't have more because that runs the risk of causing nested link tags which Text Mesh Pro does not had
  • Debug building will no longer result in insufficient materials messages.

View full update

• Like 9

45 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Comets add more Regolith and should spawn it directly as falling ore.

Does this mean that instead of the surface getting destroyed, it now builds up to the height limit, covering anything that might be built up there? If so, awesome.

• Like 1

• Developer
21 minutes ago, warpforge said:

I'm getting crashes on launch, too. I'd report using the crash-reporting tool, but even that crashes (and shows the black background screen) before I can finish.

Screenshot from 2018-06-04 15-53-45.png

Screenshot from 2018-06-04 15-53-44.png

If this is happening to you on Linux, we're wroking on a fix. If you're getting this on a different platform, could you please post your log here?

11 hours ago, WanderingKid said:

If this is what fixes my builder issues with materials, Thank you!.

Rats, no, they're still making some really weird choices, like sticking some copper ore into supply instead of going and getting the gold way over there and actually building something with it.

Nope, that fixed it!  Thanks!

Edited by WanderingKid

I saw this last patch too but didn't zoom in till just now.

20180604185454_1.thumb.jpg.c987fea5e62e759389044a7e0666925f.jpg

Looks like the little shiny baby has a debug directional thing.  I'd wager everything does it is just that only the shine bug baby isn't at it's center point.  Likely a slight cause of lag.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Are you still getting this in the testing branch?

No interest in trying the testing branch until the current released branch is working ;) 

Honestly though, I won't stream the pre-releases until they've had a few hotfixes - so honestly couldn't tell you.

As it stands though, my current stream colony on ranching upgrade mk 2 has been waiting since May 17th for this bug to be fixed. 

• Developer
19 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

No interest in trying the testing branch until the current released branch is working ;) 

Honestly though, I won't stream the pre-releases until they've had a few hotfixes - so honestly couldn't tell you.

As it stands though, my current stream colony on ranching upgrade mk 2 has been waiting since May 17th for this bug to be fixed. 

@jambell and I did a big pass on sound optimization in the last couple of weeks so it should be much better both in testing and when it finally releases on the 14th. If you do get a chance to load your save and take a look, please let us know how it goes!

Did the priority for getting dressed change ? (Just saw my dupes prioritize getting their new suit over anything else (toggle is very high / advanced priorities))

Is the multiple dupes on one manual generator bug fixed ? (Stopped using them after I saw more than half my base running the same wheel for just 400W^^)

PS: Tried everything I could do reproduce the null pointer exceptions I saw yesterday, but wasn´t successfull

=> Seems to be fixed now, thank you guys ;)

16 minutes ago, TheExceed said:

This needs to be done for all resources tbh. Next updates needs a total recategorization.
A lot of materails should be moved together and changed. Theres a thread in suggestions for it.

Can you give me link?