Don't starve character backstory's

Yes, some quotes are just for fun, but Wickerbottam says that the licence plate is some sort of code, so she clearly doesn't know.

Also, for the radio, WX says "My logic feels funny", more hints at him being built by Wagstaff.

" W " is a symbol that stand for leadership and power !

(based on theory by zeklo in this video , for more information you can check it !)

https://youtu.be/DhPQYz7pS_A

Screenshot_20190110-150433_YouTube.thumb.jpg.ffb9eff6d6f869677394127b63c0d60f.jpg

Proofs and speculations down below : 

1-  " w " in the begining of charecters name 

Spoiler

- They not came in constant randomly , they have chosen !

- By who?not by maxwell but by " Them ". to rule on shadow throne and entertain " Them". do a battle royal game to competition for wining the throne.

- and what specific thay had , to be chosen ? thay had w first of their names !

- " W " for us means one of english alphabetic word , but for them and ancient language is as "symbol" . symbol of dignity and rightful of rule on shadow throne.

- so is this a symbol enogh to choose someone for candidate to kingdom?! ( also must say ,that symbol took mistaken with alphabetic )
absoultly not . but why is choosen , becuase charecters not choosen by intelligence creaters , charecters not choosen by " them " directly . the shadow creatures choose charecters for" them".
and shadows dont have mind. just lesser creatures who wandering around aimlessly and serve for them . also must say that based on zeklo theory , shadow are transformed ancients .

2- wilson and charlie hair

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190110-145128_YouTube.thumb.jpg.fe87e4561cfb469ecb3830c6fae76e56.jpg

3- pugna war paint on his chest and boarior helmet

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190110-150123_YouTube.thumb.jpg.1a5dbeab3f36aea16087757acbf1e96e.jpg

Screenshot_20190110-161407_YouTube.thumb.jpg.ad57d7f8198765079256a3cb6eacf09b.jpg

* w on his chest means he is leader of the pigs .

4- Ancient language and pictures

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190110-150329_YouTube.thumb.jpg.10687b1c59ce244d6b2e98a37fcc9205.jpgScreenshot_20190110-150336_YouTube.thumb.jpg.ce900cca1974a6661c8a0ec0a2e0beab.jpg

Screenshot_20190110-150349_YouTube.jpg

* the left symbol mean Precious , and the right one walking cane/scepter of king .

5 - Codex umbra

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190110-161245_YouTube.thumb.jpg.5d94d0f58fb229f47812c2b1b4648b1a.jpg

6 - crown shape

Spoiler

Screenshot_20190110-150230_YouTube.thumb.jpg.c41270c7a03cebdf308e610d204fc207.jpgScreenshot_20190110-150309_YouTube.thumb.jpg.ede10b175fab6877900df4bfc515eb2d.jpg

9 minutes ago, Mooagain said:

Also, that rune that looks like W means "Precious"

yes , zeklo mentioned that too . and the right symbol means walking cane/scepter of king.

20 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

I feel W is gonna become the next B/E

what means B/E ?!

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for them to later add lore importance to the letter W. The fact that it pops up in other places as outlined by Ham3d seems significant. The crown thing may be pushing it, but the W on Pugna, the rune, the M on the codex umbra being an upside down W, etc. are interesting.

1 hour ago, Bluegeist said:

he M on the codex umbra being an upside down W, etc. are interesting.

The M on the codex, if flipped, makes a rather strange W. And on the rune, precious has nothing to do with power and leadership. Pugna might mean something though, maybe his name started with W too.

22 hours ago, Raspberry Milk said:

The M on the codex, if flipped, makes a rather strange W. And on the rune, precious has nothing to do with power and leadership. Pugna might mean something though, maybe his name started with W too.

*actually looks at the M on the codex* Oh, hm, it's weird-looking but still W-esque. Tangent: Has it been theorized that this M-shape is related to Metheus? I've wondered that. Don't think the M is for Maxwell (maybe he called himself Maxwell to match the book lol)

With the rune, without knowing what it means it still resembles a W on face value. The fact that it can mean something is cool though. I want to know what language it is

On 9/1/2019 at 7:27 PM, Mooagain said:

Yes, some quotes are just for fun, but Wickerbottam says that the licence plate is some sort of code, so she clearly doesn't know.

True, others quotes shows the characters's behavior.

Example: Wendy shares with Willow the joy of burn things.

-Willow: "Was that your fire? I'm so proud!" (When Wendy starts a fire)

-Wendy: "Let's watch the world burn together." (When Willow starts a fire)

When examines Ashes:

-""Leftovers from a fire. I wish it was still here." (Willow)

-"All that's left after another beautiful fire." (Wendy)

Also, while others characters are a surprised or terrified by the situation, Wilson says:

"I know you set those flames, Wendy..."

So, it's not the first time he watch her making stuff like this.

My opinion about all stuff mentioned above would be like this:

I think characters' quetes about trinkets are valuable information. Of course there are some easter eggs, but imo there is no reason for klei to put some quotes like "I don't know what that is". It could be replaced with something more creative or fun.

About Hamlet and SW, I think there are just other continents of Constant. If you check the weather and climate, it clearly shows geografical latitude. RoG/DST is in temperate zone, and its very crude seasons like summer and winter indicate continental climate (like in Russia). SW reminds me Caribbean/mediterranean climate. Hamlet is clearly an amazonian rain forest.

About W letter I have much bigger theory, what I would like to present you in separate topic

On 05/01/2019 at 2:13 AM, watermelen671 said:

Also is Shipwrecked just...not canon?

Pretty sure the cannon of SW is that only the SW characters have been through that world (Walani, Warly, Wilbur and Woodlegs) 

We get to play the other characters there in the same way we get to play a DST world with 6 Wilsons. Doesnt mean it's cannon that 6 Wilsons have been hanging out in the Constant. 

Maxwell doesnt even greet the players in SW, so it's up in the air if Maxwell even brought Walani and co. into that world or if it was someone else or some accident, or whatever.

but maxwell appears in the SW trailer (his face in the volcano, during the last seconds) And it shows at least Wilson rowing in SW sea. But i think that caracters( walani, wilbur...) arrived accidentaly on the island (according to the title of the game and the broken pieces of boat at the begining. Also, the possibility of building the seaworthy make me think it's canon that the basic cast (wison etc...) can travel into the island (same for Hamlet, wich is a part of the main islande). For me, Maxwell created and rule this place too (wich is part of the constant world, like an archipelago in the ocean around the main island) and that's why Charlie is here too.

I see SW, Hamlet and DST as different timelines some what. They both start off in DS, When Wilson saves Maxwell it goes to DST, But if Wilson instead just made a boat or something to leave the island it goes to SW and then from SW he made a hot air balloon and went to Hamlet. But that's just how I see it.

21 minutes ago, Smitty Inc. said:

I see SW, Hamlet and DST as different timelines some what. They both start off in DS, When Wilson saves Maxwell it goes to DST, But if Wilson instead just made a boat or something to leave the island it goes to SW and then from SW he made a hot air balloon and went to Hamlet. But that's just how I see it.

MY GOD. 

That actually makes sense.

Archived