Aporkalypse thread

1. Permanent night & a red filter applied. That means all shops are closed.

2. Painted Mant warriors spawn from mant hills, pig guards become aggressive, Iron hulks become active.

3. There is a clock so I speculate there will be some kind of appeasement (like antlion,altar of snakrifice)

4. The Ancient herald spawns.

I was really really hoping there would be a civilization of developed spiders that would go to war with the pigs on a certain season and it would have economic effects on the pig town and make it unsafe.

Imagine if the guard pigs were drafted into a war with spiders and couldn't protect the town so you and other bandits could commit crime more easily, imagine an entire town of spiders for Webber so he isn't forced to just wear a disguise to just cover up his mechanics. That being said I really look forward to this season.

There is a new ruins unique to the Ancient Herald that will likely contain the Aporkalypse setpiece (the clock, and whatever else).

Spoiler

Herald.png.a18b274c6128e68f193a7d2b8845401b.png

On 11/9/2018 at 8:42 PM, ansuman said:

1. Permanent night & a red filter applied. That means all shops are closed.

2. Painted Mant warriors spawn from mant hills, pig guards become aggressive, Iron hulks become active.

3. There is a clock so I speculate there will be some kind of appeasement (like antlion,altar of snakrifice)

4. The Ancient herald spawns.

Are you guessing about the pig guards? Haven't heard about that. 

Also bat waves occur daily, and entering ruins causes pig ghosts to spawn.

1 minute ago, Zeklo said:

There is a new ruins unique to the Ancient Herald that will likely contain the Aporkalypse setpiece (the clock, and whatever else).

Reveal hidden contents

Herald.png.a18b274c6128e68f193a7d2b8845401b.png

Are you guessing about the pig guards? Haven't heard about that. 

Also bat waves occur daily, and entering ruins causes pig ghosts to spawn.

yes, its a speculation entirely. Take it with a barrel of salt. But there is code for turning pikos into werepikos when blood moon event occurs.

15 minutes ago, ansuman said:

yes, its a speculation entirely. Take it with a barrel of salt. But there is code for turning pikos into werepikos when blood moon event occurs.

Ah ok, all the other things you posted were accurate so I was confused.

Also Pikos get spooky during the Aporkalypse, but also on normal full moons.

EDIT: Tho by the looks of the Early Access trailer it seems like the Aporkalypse isn't always dark anymore, night but not dark.

Actually, this might be more appropriate here so:

The mystery was solved! Hamlet is the prequel to Don't Starve, the roc's foot will become bigfoot from the deciduous forest that is the ruins of the pig town(hence why you find the king there, and the fact that deciduous trees are only in rows in the towns).

Meanwhile, the spiders spreading will be the pigs downfall, once the aporkalypse comes, the jungle will slowly die out as the different kind of creatures go extinct, the ponds will dry out and tentacles will emerge from the unstable mud, the savanna and badlands will die out as well, making resources even more scarce as the few remaining liveforms will evolve. 

At the same time, the merm people will arrive and that will be the last straw, ending the world as we know it. The last surviving ruins will be hidden deep within the ground, while most of the entrances are blocked by rubble, time will pass... until a person appears out of nowhere, once again...

And because of the large timespan, the ancient ruins are actually the mantis civilization who evolved during the aporkalypse.

9 minutes ago, orian34 said:

The mystery was solved! Hamlet is the prequel to Don't Starve, the roc's foot will become bigfoot from the deciduous forest that is the ruins of the pig town(hence why you find the king there, and the fact that deciduous trees are only in rows in the towns).

Meanwhile, the spiders spreading will be the pigs downfall, once the aporkalypse comes, the jungle will slowly die out as the different kind of creatures go extinct, the ponds will dry out and tentacles will emerge from the unstable mud, the savanna and badlands will die out as well, making resources even more scarce as the few remaining liveforms will evolve. 

At the same time, the merm people will arrive and that will be the last straw, ending the world as we know it. The last surviving ruins will be hidden deep within the ground, while most of the entrances are blocked by rubble, time will pass... until a person appears out of nowhere, once again...

And because of the large timespan, the ancient ruins are actually the mantis civilization who evolved during the aporkalypse.

While this sounds like a nice theory and everything. It states in the DST pig king vignette and i quote: "legend has it the pig king and his followers left their home long ago to rule freely in the constant". So the pig king left his home, which is why there's a bush that looks like him, the queen hoping someday he'll return or a memorial. This also means hamlet and the constant is 2 different places. It also states that when loading up a world it generates a plateau that we're ontop of.

7 hours ago, orian34 said:

This is good and all, but Hamlets in the air on a floating island.

On 11/10/2018 at 2:29 AM, cropo said:

I was really really hoping there would be a civilization of developed spiders that would go to war with the pigs on a certain season and it would have economic effects on the pig town and make it unsafe.

Imagine if the guard pigs were drafted into a war with spiders and couldn't protect the town so you and other bandits could commit crime more easily, imagine an entire town of spiders for Webber so he isn't forced to just wear a disguise to just cover up his mechanics. That being said I really look forward to this season.

This so much I would love to see it they could be like pig villages maybe near swamps or rocky areas though you could also have an alliance with either one and get perks such as discounts and  guards and maybe small a army to command and start up your own settlement if you are well liked enough but you'd be the enemy of the opposing clan and be attacked when in their village. 

Anyone know how long this event is gonna take?

To be honest I cant seems to survive this thing but normal hamlet is nothing for me.
I got to day 100+ until the game updated this morning then everything went down so fast. I started my normal save with all the night time plus 2 bosses mob with the horde of minion next to my house when I try to pick on it, my season stop at lush (which is already bad enough) then suddenly 2 hordes of bats attacking me in between 3 days. This is rediculous, are there any key to stop this thing? I mean I surprise I can manage to survive 3 days after all that without using any code but I know I wouldnt be if still continue playing.

1 hour ago, squareco said:

Anyone know how long this event is gonna take?

To be honest I cant seems to survive this thing but normal hamlet is nothing for me.
I got to day 100+ until the game updated this morning then everything went down so fast. I started my normal save with all the night time plus 2 bosses mob with the horde of minion next to my house when I try to pick on it, my season stop at lush (which is already bad enough) then suddenly 2 hordes of bats attacking me in between 3 days. This is rediculous, are there any key to stop this thing? I mean I surprise I can manage to survive 3 days after all that without using any code but I know I wouldnt be if still continue playing.

There is an Aporkalypse Calendar on the 5th island. You can use it to avoid the Aporkalypse.

Archived