Why "kick button" is neсessary.

Shuasu Neyan

I want to ask Klei add this button in case of some reasons. I can tell you why it necessary.
It should be add in the lobby to avoid in-game troubles and a lot of players get a communication with no rage by the other teammates. I faced with it previous year, getting 1st win at 64 lvl and we got the same trouble right now, cause of this.

1. Person with no communication is possible to do everything they want, ignoring chat. Necessary items would be grabed by this person, destroying balance of the team and ruining their role. 

2. Language barrier. We got a lot of asian players and they are good, but people from other region got a lot of connection troubles just by one person,  but it's mine reason. Mostly the person who can't understand us have to do by one's own: no advices, no explaining; newbie can spoil match. It's sad but useful for team. One person from China said me "We don't understand your language", but english is not my native language. It is possible to ruin match or game.

3. "Why I should leave, I played Don't Starve more then 1 year!". Especially if you want to win and you know how to do that, but a sort of this persons ruined a match by time. I said WIN JUST ONCE!!! AT 60 LVL!!! But I have to talk why this person should leave or put up with it and learn him how to play again and again. With another and another defeat. Especially at 50 and more lvls when someone 1 lvl got in the lobby (WITH PASSWORD!!!!!) and asks us promote him.

4. Stubborn folks. My favourite categorie! They don't like listen reason why they should leave or how our team want to win JUST ONCE! And we have no choice, just leave lobby and create another one engaging my friend (2-3) in team. 

5. Griefers ruined previous game. They have just deserved it cause of their toxic game. You know, they stay in lobby and continue play!

There was too much requests of this. It's my cry of despair, please!

14 hours ago, Shuasu Neyan said:

5. Griefers ruined previous game. They have just deserved it cause of their toxic game. You know, they stay in lobby and continue play!

i got one of these lovely folks as well in lobby he/she/it picked wilson and we assumed that he'll rezurect, but what would you know running around not rezing one person, at beginning we thought he just dosen't understand english but at the end he said thank you... we got salty towards end but at begining we were asking nicely to rez and him to drop runner stuff, but he kept troling to point where it was obvious that he's trolling. everyone was so pissed off. 

The only thing we could do is report his steam profile, which wasn't even set up 

Venting aside 

There should be some way to deal with trolls.

Sometimes people just leave staying in lobby making everyone else leave just to start a game (happened twice so far)

I think there should be a lobby leader so he can decide who to kick, becose vote to kick might fail if one person is afk or trolling as well

Just had a game where one player was a bot who every so often said "1" in chat when their command line got interrupted, another ran around as Willow with a dead bear, not participating. He/she would stand in the corner and claimed they were "thinking about their life". Then our Woody became so salty he afk'd because people wouldn't switch characters in the middle of the game or do what he said, all of which was incorrect information to how items/armor/characters worked.

Forge has been... troublesome this year. A vote to kick option was the biggest concern last year and it still wasn't included.

2 hours ago, Pab10Suarez said:

I think so the problem is when a new player want start and so many people want to win, in this situation with the kick button he probably can't play or just get bored to try to play

If a team goes for winning and doesn't want to play with beginners, the best is to set up a password (or associate to a steam group, tho that's not always given). That filters our all quickmatchers and most beginners, even better if the password is a hard question related to the Forge.

That's terrible when they are getting in lobby with PASSWORD (ggggr!). That's problem!

2 hours ago, fimmatek said:

If a team goes for winning and doesn't want to play with beginners, the best is to set up a password (or associate to a steam group, tho that's not always given). That filters our all quickmatchers and most beginners, even better if the password is a hard question related to the Forge.

2 hours ago, fimmatek said:

Exactly

1 hour ago, Shuasu Neyan said:

The second invited person gonna be host, etc.

ah

but still why wouldn't a vote thing be good? What happens if this host is just mean towards a certain type of person and just kicks them? What happens when a good player and them get into an argument, where he kicks them, thus ruining the team? If it was a vote, they would be able to choose who stays and who leaves as a team

Can we please have this already. I am so fed up new players and trying to convince them why they cant stay in the room which ı have clearly set a minimum level requirement in the title. I want to win. Other scenarios are waste of time for me.

also game crashes a lot.

It's obvious reason why the person should leave mostly. Vote system is not reliably cause of persons "I DON'T CARE WHAT HAPPEND I WANT TO PLAY RIGHT NOW!!" or persons missclick/troll, any case which posible ruin vote counts. If host make  mistakes = bad host. It's rather easy. Most cases mean "why" I told: everyone have to communicate and contact with team. Nobody will kick person cause "I don't like your nickname" or "you say hello with no smile", that's silly.

1 hour ago, mr peeps said:

ah

but still why wouldn't a vote thing be good? What happens if this host is just mean towards a certain type of person and just kicks them? What happens when a good player and them get into an argument, where he kicks them, thus ruining the team? If it was a vote, they would be able to choose who stays and who leaves as a team

1 hour ago, Shuasu Neyan said:

It's obvious reason why the person should leave mostly. Vote system is not reliably cause of persons "I DON'T CARE WHAT HAPPEND I WANT TO PLAY RIGHT NOW!!" or persons missclick/troll, any case which posible ruin vote counts. If host make  mistakes = bad host. It's rather easy. Most cases mean "why" I told: everyone have to communicate and contact with team. Nobody will kick person cause "I don't like your nickname" or "you say hello with no smile", that's silly.

You have a point. I suppose it could be both? The host can kick on their own, but others can do a vote-kick?

there's servers with passwords, where the password is in the description
most "noob", "bad players", "lvl 1's", "new players" (whatever you'd like to call them), wont look in browse servers, and so they will never enter the server, while other players might notice the password in description.
usually the name of such servers is "+20" "+15" "only veteran payers"

At practice, they are managing to avoid that, they are smart. (Don't know how about you, but in ru server they answer questions right, but don't do that.). If previous year it worked, but now it doesn't and I don't know why! I don't know how person from Poland who can't understand us get a right answer in password ON RUSSIAN!!!! He wasn't communicating us and we were shocked! HOW??!

9 hours ago, metallichydra said:

there's servers with passwords, where the password is in the description
most "noob", "bad players", "lvl 1's", "new players" (whatever you'd like to call them), wont look in browse servers, and so they will never enter the server, while other players might notice the password in description.
usually the name of such servers is "+20" "+15" "only veteran payers"

Honestly, vote kicks would be damn necessary. People who get in just to be afk, wrong servers (as in, someone from North America getting in a Soult American server), grifters and just extremely annoying players in general. Wouldn't suggest a kick button in general because it can be misused, but a vote kick button? Damn needed.

I think Klei has refrained from doing this because low level players will get kicked for being low level.

My take on this is that we should have “vote drop” to do things like take the healing staff from Wilson. (It’s always Wilson) and an idle-vote-kick feature. Passworded lobbies should have a standard vote-kick, too.

This stops people from idling and from stealing items, albeit from ignorance or malice, while both protecting lower-level players from being kicked from public servers and maintaining a way for high-level players to make sure their servers are filled with people they want.

Ah, It seems like an old endless debate. Left and Right, Liberty and Equality versus Order and Privileges. This is so funny to behold.

So it seems like a great idea to kick people you don't want to play, or filter them, or stip them out form items 

9 hours ago, The 2C3D said:

we should have “vote drop” to do things like take the healing staff from Wilson.

Hell, I can't count how many times I've said "drop this" and "drop that" to some obnoxious feller, this feature would be pretty convinient for me too.

But let's be honest, you are thinking only about yourself now. Try to take their point of view, what would you feel being kicked around just because you haven't learnt english or got a hang of the game? You won't find these people here on forum, but they ARE the majority, and I personally won't stand for making downtrodden out of anyone just because I and my circle of friends would benefit from this.

What I don't like about random players.

It's toxicity and omniscience.

1)I played in the team, but one player screwed the entire game. He insulted everyone and said that you are losers and a lot of obscene phrases. (That Russians, that Americans-everywhere there is toxic personality). In the end, we lost. Toxicity is highly irritating, so it is an acute problem. 

2) People who say that everyone knows how to play correctly, too annoying. In fact, they're setting everyone up. Everybody dies in the end.

The kick button is necessary.

First, I think the Quick Match system should be erased entirely and let players actually browse a server that suits them. 
Next, a kick button to kick out trolls instead of 5 good players sitting in a lobby until one troll leaves. "The 5 good players should just leave and make or join another server" is not effective because it leads us back to the damn Quick Match system.
If we can't avoid trolls to enter, then we should be given the option to kick them out.

Either get rid of Quick Match or give us the kick option. 

Archived