Door for Steam Engine

Hi Guys,

I am watching this tutorial and hes teaching how to create LOX and Liquid Hydrogen easily but also using the heat as steam.. 

I always seen how he used the door to move the steam from top to bottom but I never got a chance to find a tutorial how the automation work for the door, anyone has url for the tutorial for this kind of door setup?
image.png.2f09de0e864c6d87289624b77f8b3a52.png

3 minutes ago, Xheotris said:

How much more efficient is this than just using a steel pump and a high pressure vent?

way more effective

even if you double up the pumps you can only move 1kg steam per second and high pressure vents only work in pressures under 20kg

with doors you can exceed both those numbers

20 hours ago, Oni Noob said:

Hi Guys,

I am watching this tutorial and hes teaching how to create LOX and Liquid Hydrogen easily but also using the heat as steam.. 

I always seen how he used the door to move the steam from top to bottom but I never got a chance to find a tutorial how the automation work for the door, anyone has url for the tutorial for this kind of door setup?

Sorry, I hadn't seen this - here :

Spoiler

5bde8b17920ae_basicpump.thumb.png.ceb9c1ff0b326478674b532c80c18a0c.png

1 hour ago, Iwakura said:

How safe is this  door pump? does not delete any gas? I will try to use it for store NG

The door pump I showed does not delete gas, ever. I use two sets of them on either side of a steam turbine, powered, and it can move just enough steam to keep it running permanently if you have a constant source of heat.

Unpowered, you'd have to triple the sequence times, as unpowered mechanical airlocks cycle 3x slower. It won't keep up with a continuous heat source, but it works pretty okay for an occasional source, like steel refining.

5 hours ago, Oni Noob said:

Is the door supposed to be power by electricity?

No, but the amount of steam moved by doorpumps depends on the steampressure. Just have more steam. Your setup moves 10kg/s upwards, you need to counter that, or block the vents. Also two thermos do not supply enough heat to run the generator continuously.

5 hours ago, Oni Noob said:

I copied the things that was done in the video but somehow the steam generator is not running constantly

Yes, because the Steam Turbine needs huge amount of heat to run constantly with all ports free. If you want that result, you need more heat or block the ports (glitch) :

I use a not gate to the first door, then a buffer gate between each other in between door finishing with a filter gate and a buffer gate on the last door,  leading back to the not gate (or automation sensor being used).

This causes all but the last door to open at once, resulting in a big vacuum area to suck in gas. Then the last door opens, the first door closes, and all other doors close in sequence to push the gas out. 

I've used this setup on 3 doors, all the way to 6 doors (never needed more than that so far).

No deletion (as long as you don't have gas conflicts) and no leakage (so far at least).

14 hours ago, Oni Noob said:

I copied the things that was done in the video but somehow the steam generator is not running constantly 

The point of the turbine isn't to generate power in this case but to counter the heat from the tuners.

If you want a constantly-running steam turbine for power, it's much better to use a chlorine or neutronium clamp, you don't even need a heat source in that case. It's suuper cheesy though, but to each his own.

Also, instead of door pumps you can use a much simpler gas conflict setup. Just vacuum the turbine's room, fill it with O2 (or H2 but that's valuable) to 2kg pressure, get the tuner going and drip in water once the room is hot.  You'll want to reach steam pressure between 10 and 20 kg under the turbine, but it really depends on the exact shape of the room. Not only is it less noisy, takes less materials, but it's also more compact. This works for both heat management and cheesy power generation, just like door pumps.

image.png.166cd7b2a198046923a83a48e4764f12.png

10 hours ago, biopon said:

Also, instead of door pumps you can use a much simpler gas conflict setup. Just vacuum the turbine's room, fill it with O2 (or H2 but that's valuable) to 2kg pressure, get the tuner going and drip in water once the room is hot.  You'll want to reach steam pressure between 10 and 20 kg under the turbine, but it really depends on the exact shape of the room. Not only is it less noisy, takes less materials, but it's also more compact. This works for both heat management and cheesy power generation, just like door pumps.

Alternatively, you can fill up an exosuit dock with the required O2 and then deconstruct it. I prefer this method as it lets you more precisely measure the quantity of oxygen required (you want about 25kg of oxygen in the top row of tiles so it will constantly force the steam downwards, and just enough steam to stop the oxygen from filling up the entire space)

19 hours ago, Arcus2611 said:

Alternatively, you can fill up an exosuit dock with the required O2 and then deconstruct it.

I think this is really cool. Yeah the 2k vent probably doesn't give you enough o2, nor does a gas reservoir, and 2 reservoirs would require way too much steam.

23 hours ago, fishoutofwater said:

here are another build using gas conflict, I copied @JukedByLife, check his youtube channel for detail.

1. water cooling

20190109085519_1.thumb.jpg.83ed966fe61ad2e3544823a73a3e90c9.jpg

2. refinery's heat sink, refinery is idle atm.

20190109085540_1.thumb.jpg.b72a3d5b5632beacdffb920574350f2f.jpg

batteries are only for squareness, to satisfy my OCD.

But the room isn't square, you see the bottom left corner, that's not in accordance with the rules of squareness.  You should completely redesign it.

33 minutes ago, Craigjw said:

But the room isn't square, you see the bottom left corner, that's not in accordance with the rules of squareness.  You should completely redesign it.

But I don't want empty tiles unused or double tile with same color, what should I do?

Well guess I have to clear the ladder too anyway.

Archived