[Game Update] - 273908

• Developer
  • Fixed weird building temperature behaviour.
  • Fixed showers overheating and destroying the whole world.
  • Fixed sandbox tools spawning buildings with incorrect temperatures.
  • Fixed deconstruction of Themal Plates/Wallpaper opening up holes into space.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when Aggressive dupes tried to punch space.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when building doors at the edge of the world.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when FMOD failed to initialize using the default audio device. This is usually caused by third party software interfering with the audio device but instead of crashing, the game will start with no audio.

View full update

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

28 minutes ago, Cheerio said:
  • Fixed weird building temperature behaviour.
  • Fixed showers overheating and destroying the whole world.
  • Fixed sandbox tools spawning buildings with incorrect temperatures.
  • Fixed deconstruction of Themal Plates/Wallpaper opening up wholes into space.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when Aggressive dupes tried to punch space.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when building doors at the edge of the world.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when FMOD failed to initialize using the default audio device. This is usually caused by third party software interfering with the audio device but instead of crashing, the game will start with no audio.

View full update

OMG thank you soooooo much:))

17 hours ago, Cheerio said:

Fixed showers overheating and destroying the whole world.

I am now envisioning an image of an ONI shower with evil eyes going on a rampage...

17 hours ago, Cheerio said:

Fixed deconstruction of Themal Plates/Wallpaper opening up wholes into space.

*holes

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

Yes, but double check your version as I do not know if this is from the hotfix branch or standard branch

Ok. I remember seeing the 273472 version last night/other day, but I'll check when I get home and post here. Steam is pretty sweet, but it isn't without it's own issues.

• Developer

Usually restarting Steam will make sure it checks to see if any of your games need updating and if that doesn't work, the other trick is to right click on the game in your library and go to properties->local_files->verify_integrity.

verify_integrity.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

... That shower bug does make me wonder why the game even has temperature that can rise s high as 6 447 586 000 000 000 000 000 degrees C in the first place. (Now that's a hot shower) Is a 'supernova' upgrade to be expected in the future ?

Edited by Smuch

15 hours ago, Smuch said:

... That shower bug does make me wonder why the game even has temperature that can rise s high as 6 447 586 000 000 000 000 000 degrees C in the first place. (Now that's a hot shower) Is a 'supernova' upgrade to be expected in the future ?

Well...most of the things that have a melting point of +10 000K will crash the game when they melt. So...yeah.