Liquid Valve not working?

When the valve tooltip reads: "requested flow rate", the valve has not been adjusted by a dupe yet.

I have had a similar issue with a valve in a similar position and it appeared that dupes were not able to reach it properly. Try to build more ladders around it and then see.

I have same issue:
I have liquid valve - no one goes to switch it (all have top toggle priority)
but all just fast switch on/off any building.

I tried to keep just toggle priority on for some dupe - did not help.

PS. I can give the save. Save/Load didn't help too

22 minutes ago, saaadel said:

I have same issue:
I have liquid valve - no one goes to switch it (all have top toggle priority)
but all just fast switch on/off any building.

I tried to keep just toggle priority on for some dupe - did not help.

PS. I can give the save. Save/Load didn't help too

Welcome to ONI forum, yes we need save file to determine the exact problem. And probably little screenshot which valve you want to check?

20 minutes ago, saaadel said:

And why we do not have priority to switch value job for the valve, same as we have for other buildings?

This is a misunderstanding. On buildings it just sub-priority. All sub-priority will be overridden by dupes priority. When there is many "toggle" job, then that sub-priority on a valve will be meaningful.

Let me show you what you can do yourself to solve many problems about dupe didn't do something that you want:

First, select a duplicant (I select turner in this example), then hover on things that you want them to do

Screenshot_32.png.77b488f00a2cb80dfb1ac17c553b6bca.png

It will be shown "The selected turner could" errand name followed by urgency on his priority. Currently, my turner have "sleep" as his high priority, so this door having low urgency for him. On some other buildings, it may show you that it needs a job perk, which meaning he needs specific job or mastery on it to do that.

Screenshot_34.thumb.png.bde06750429058a76387b21854a65b1e.png

Next look at tooltip at the header in duplicant priority screen. Find the one that affecting same errand with whatever you want them to do earlier. Make it a high priority for duplicant that you want to do it.

Screenshot_35.png.367cc6ba05e4b4bf41ca984c61382610.png

Don't be confused by sub-priority on buildings, that tooltip should be clear enough that it only takes place after duplicant priorities in the previous screenshot.

21 hours ago, abud said:

Welcome to ONI forum, yes we need save file to determine the exact problem. And probably little screenshot which valve you want to check?

This is a misunderstanding. On buildings it just sub-priority. All sub-priority will be overridden by dupes priority. When there is many "toggle" job, then that sub-priority on a valve will be meaningful.

Ok, I get solution: in NON-advanced mode, the valve toggle job has less hidden priority than tidy, build and etc. to toggle valves (but more to switch on/off any building) for same priority levels. When I turned some priority types to less values - then all dupes started work with valves (I set it to top value).

Everything works, but strange why valve switching has less hidden priority job than other switching jobs (doors for example). I would prefer to have sub-priority scale to tune it for me - I like manual manual switchers, valves and manual airlocks more instead of the automation stuff  :)

P.S.
Also, I have another valve problem - It stopped water stream in the tube - in the middle (with max value set). Should I create another topic for it with my save or put it here?

Archived