Anti-hounds setup

Eh I still go with the lazy noob system... I usually make a herd of beefalos not too close of base but not too far and leave nearby a bush hat and both types of firepits... when i hear hounds I just run to lit the endo or the fire, hide and let the boofs handle em. Then i pick the loot with a beef hat if the boofs are in heat.

It's not the best, but it does the job, and has 0 maintenance.

I was thinking for a long time which method could be the cheapest to maintain... because I'm also quite lazy, so I didn't want to make traps over and over, but also didn't want to waste the Houndius Shootius for simply hounds. So this is what I'm using currently:

20180226103838_1.thumb.jpg.e1f4ff9f774d22f87fc9e327739a8f67.jpg

It has practically no maintenance costs, as the flingo runs only during the hound waves, and so refueling it is extremely cheap. 

The only disadvantage is that it's offline during winter, but then I'll just go to my bunny hutches (around 30) that works also fine, I just have to remember not to bring or pick up any meat.

15 minutes ago, csc_unit said:

Wow lot of diversity and ideas. Til now, you all mentionned maintenance as the big factor. And i must say, nothing more annoying than making toothtraps. Its like idk 30 logs and 90 grass per year? Its very costly.

Actually, it's quite funny when you think about it, because that can be done within a few minutes, yet we're too lazy to do it once every year :D

4 hours ago, fimmatek said:

I was thinking for a long time which method could be the cheapest to maintain... because I'm also quite lazy, so I didn't want to make traps over and over, but also didn't want to waste the Houndius Shootius for simply hounds. So this is what I'm using currently:

20180226103838_1.thumb.jpg.e1f4ff9f774d22f87fc9e327739a8f67.jpg

I tried the same but in summer, fire hounds totally burnt my plants.

6 minutes ago, Nino123 said:

I tried the same but in summer, fire hounds totally burnt my plants.

Yeah, all fires must be extinguished before leaving the area, otherways the fire spreads over after the flingos get unloaded. The best way according to my experiences is to kill and replant the lureplants, that way no fire remains.

Use a Bush Hat or Snurtle Shell Armor beside random mobs, hiding inside, for added lel factor. But be careful having said mobs relatively close, otherwise dogs will hug your bush/shell form cr@pping on your sanity 'till you get out and then proceed on munching you gang-bang style, now shadows added into the mix. Also those mobs must be sufficient numerous to handle 8-10 dogs (fire variant included) if you want them dead, not just distracted.

I just go with a large field of tooth traps with a flingo in the middle to help with fire hounds. Yeah, getting it started can cost a lot of materials, but I find maintaining it to be quite easy. I've always got grass and logs on me, and of course you get teeth from the hounds. So I just replace the broken traps on the spot after I've rest all the other ones. Besides, what else am I going to do with all these teeth?

1 hour ago, Sinister_Fang said:

So I just replace the broken traps on the spot

I cant notice specifically when I lose a trap. My field is messy and unordered. I presume your's is very organised so you can easily see the missing traps. This way it is more manageable. :applause: genius !

3 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I just go with a large field of tooth traps with a flingo in the middle to help with fire hounds. Yeah, getting it started can cost a lot of materials, but I find maintaining it to be quite easy. I've always got grass and logs on me, and of course you get teeth from the hounds. So I just replace the broken traps on the spot after I've rest all the other ones. Besides, what else am I going to do with all these teeth?

Why do you need a flingo? My main server has the trap field on the other side of a wormhole near the base. You jump through and there are traps already all around you, a fire pit and (late addition) a scaled chest with fuel and trap mats

1 hour ago, Rellimarual said:

Why do you need a flingo? My main server has the trap field on the other side of a wormhole near the base. You jump through and there are traps already all around you, a fire pit and (late addition) a scaled chest with fuel and trap mats

It just puts out the fires left from the red hounds immediately. It's just a convenience thing really. It is a bit unnecessary, but I tend to have a lot of unused gears laying around anyway.

Mine is so boring, even the character looks bored!

boringtraps.png.fae788812c00a0291ef853d73d823990.png

...but it works for me.  Also works really well during frog rain.  :)  (There is also a normal firepit; Wigfrid and The Fluffy Bunch are just standing in front of it.)

When not at base, my technique is to run towards the nearest other thing that might fight them for me, while mentally crossing my fingers.  : P  I also play DST alone a lot, so...

...Notorious

2 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

image.png.75941c1dce5d985bdd9a39ca8b47cc3e.png

You're welcome. Don't like the content, get rid of it :)

21 hours ago, csc_unit said:

Show me yo anti-hounds setup!

Beginners setup, experienced setup, flashy setup, shnity setup

Everybody learn.

I for one fail to see where op wrote something about not liking hound attacks. Asked for ideas/setups in dealing with hounds.

Anyway, here's my classic OCD-friendly trap field (simple yet effective):

trap_field.thumb.jpg.b636ef8611f12cc03aa54378467980ac.jpg

22 hours ago, csc_unit said:

Show me yo anti-hounds setup!

Beginners setup, experienced setup, flashy setup, shnity setup

Everybody learn. 

Here is my medium semi-average anti-hounds setup.

Capture d’écran 2018-02-25 à 23.33.31.png

Blheb, It does the job 

On our (rest in peace) Glommer Goop server, we make a mineful of tooth traps and put houndius shootius near the edges, and then block it with pile of bones. Sadly i forgot take a pic of it, but it is glorious to see!

20180223094012_1.thumb.jpg.58ff2aa0c8e09fa46a1557eacda352e8.jpg

The only pic close enough to the trap

Spoiler

idk why but everytime you make a post i keep eyeing on your goh wendy,

say, you planning to sell that anytime soon? with discount~~~??

34 minutes ago, DarithD said:

Sadly i forgot take a pic of it, but it is glorious to see!

Of what I see it looks like a great setup!

And lol. yeah The mythical goh Wendy skin... I got it from a time when the price wasnt yet that much excessive. Not planning selling it :?  But I could make good money on it... mmm    ^^ meh

Oh, also, a tip?  Put some kind of flooring under your tooth traps--otherwise, in the spring you might come home to find most of them EATEN by a stupid lureplant _right_ when you need them...

That's why there's a carpet under the traps in my picture above.  This is from before I FINISHED putting the carpet in, but you get the idea.  :)

...Notorious

Archived