What’s the worst series of consecutive events you had to endure?

This isn't from Don't Starve Together, but I had once in Shipwrecked a situation that was kindly cartoony In how over the top it was. I was sailing on the ocean one day in summer when the crocodiles attacked. No big deal, I thought, I'll just hop on over to the nearby dolphins and everything will be fine. I get to the dolphins, but there wasn't enough to really draw the crocodiles attention, except for one, which promptly kills a dolphin spawning 3 or 4 sharks who immediately aggro on me. That's when the volcano chunks started falling (it was night too), so I decided to book it to my wasteland island, with about 20 mobs currently all attempting to kill me and meteorites falling. I was pretty close to my island and managed to land without issue , however once I got out I realized I made a mistake. I had forgotten to clean up the dragoons from the last eruption so the island was infested with them, and at this point the crocodiles had caught up. The entire experience was about a solid two days of nothing but running for my life from the constant 20+ mobs all trying to kill me as well as the environmental meteorites and overheating as well,

TLDR I had a combo of crocodiles, sharks, dragoons, meteorites, and overheating all trying to kill me in an incredibly concentrated timeframe.

I used the "actual season randomizer" mod which randomizes season lenght every year, I loved it because it varied my solo world. 

But once I got a 40 days summer. Oh well, summer is my favourite anyways, especially the summer jobs music, so I chopped a ton trees. 

But when I got 40 days summer the 4th time in a row (yes!) I got really fed up. I don't use it anymore. I think I got just extremely unlucky, but seriously, that was really annoying.

Using Webber, I was making 10 tier 3 spider nests fight eachother during the night with a 30% lantern, when all of a sudden I got attacked by 2 terrorbeaks. While fighting the terrorbeaks I accidentally force-attacked a spider. Also shortly after that event I run out of light, and there were still about 10 seconds of darkness to go. Please take into acount that the terrorbeaks were still alive, and so were half a million of spiders, now angry at me for my high treason.

I survived becase I had a ton of armor, but it was awful.

I was alone in a 500+ days world I was sharing with 2 other friends. I died 3 times in a row and I lost the world thinking I had the time to haunt that darn amulet at one second before the countdown ends. .. It didnt register. The whole thing was really stupid and stressful   ... and shameful

It was mid-summer and I hadn't dealt with the Antlion yet, a hound attack struck and I was far from base. Oh well, time to do it the old fashioned way. I was about to fight them off but then I had ran into a varg from a previous hunt that I had left there. I had a Varg and its hounds and the hound wave hounds attacking me, , I had gone far running from the hounds, but I was almost home to trap them. Unfortunately, when I reached the traps, I realized I had left some grass on the ground, which when the fire hounds died, burned my base, and, with a cherry on top, the Antlion attacked right after. However, I didn't die, except until right after the Antlion's attack, which had let the Bunnymen loose, who attacked me because of the monster meat from the hounds.

I was following tracks near the Pig King and realized that there was a Varg at the corner of the forest that I found really early in the game. Completely forgot about it. Making sure to follow the tracks and not aggro the Varg I found...I ended up finding ANOTHER Varg. Unfortunately he spotted me, howled, and night fell. At least I had my lantern. I kept running and found the local Rook and his friends, and decided to let the hounds kill him. Soon I noticed there were...way too many hounds...I had to keep kiting them. Morning came and now I can fully see the situation: the second Varg somehow found me from the other side of the biome and now all of their hounds are after me. 

This is fine, I thought. This was right after The Forge ended and I was surprised at how calm I was. Pre-Forge I would have been freaking out. But no, I was runner Maxwell and no one could hurt me. I decided to use this to my advantage and brought the hounds around to kill warrior pigs and spiders. My sanity was still healthy but I've been running for more than 2 days and I could not stop for food. A separate hound wave barks in the distance as the 2 Vargs still chased me even when I was actively trying to get them off my trail. (How have they been following me across the map for so long?)

I sighed in resignation and saw a nearby cave entrance. I clicked on it, dropped down and...my game crashed.

That's oddly one of the most fun things about this game--when it kills you SO CARTOONISHLY that it's like a weird comedy and all you can do is throw your hands up and laugh.  I've had at least a couple of these, let's see...

The first one was from singleplayer.  I was playing as Willow, and one year, I led the Bearger to a quiet rocky area with nothing around and put it to sleep with 10 honey, then tiptoed away.  Giant averted.

The NEXT year I didn't time things so well, and was in the middle of a pig village when our fluffy friend decided to show up.  I desperately tried to run far enough away in the dark to get it into a quiet area before putting it to sleep...but JUST when I thought I'd succeeded, a straggler pig out at the edge of the village went "YOU GO SMASH!" and...chaos everywhere.  And the Bearger started stomping _directly towards my base_.

I took off running, going "Please don't get there please don't get there please don't get there get distracted by something please" and arrived two days later (the pig village was quite far away) to find EVERY SINGLE LAST THING DESTROYED.  I'm not even kidding; it was literally one of those "Leave no stone standing upon another!" type deals.  My fridge.  My fling-o-matic, including the _ice_ even being gone.  Crock pot, walls, drying racks--even trees!  EVERYTHING was in its seperate pieces.

So, I started laboriously picking up all the stuff to try and rebuild a smaller base at a new location, but even with Chester, both the transporting and finding the new place took several days, and at the end it was winter.  I now had almost NO food-production set up at the time when the food stops growing.  But I did the best I could, until...

Hounds.  BIG pack of hounds.  I ran them towards the nearby beefalo, whereupon I found some FIRE hounds from a completely different pack I had ditched _over a year ago_ and completely forgot about, and the beefalo weren't enough to save me from fire and ice at once.

The moral of this story is:  Never put off dealing with problems.  : P

The other one--I've told my epic story of running from hounds straight into spider nests AND Moslings while also being rained on with FROGS, hit by lightning _multiple times in the same night_ and then eventually dying of...freezing before, but it bears repeating again.  I still can't believe that all actually happened at once.  XD

...Notorious

This happened in Shipwrecked not dst but since i have a chance to share it with somebody I'm not going to waste it.

I was playing as Warly (love the character design, dislike his perks) and I was coming back to my base after trying to find 2nd doy-doy. Since Warly looses hunger faster I already ate all my crockpot dishes and because i was in the middle of the sea i couldn't make any more. It was a monsoon season and the rain just stopped. I had a snake hat so my wettnes was at 40% then I noticed that I'm going to starve before I arrive at my base so I started to kill jellyfish. But there're only so many jellyfish you can eat before Warly's stomach decides to digest only 10% of them and you get less hunger than you lost while killing jellyfish. As I mentioned earlier it was monsoon season and my jellyfish genocide spawned a Tiger-shark. "Jackpot" I thought, "I'm going to kill it". I have no idea what was I thinking when I decided to fight tiger-shark while having a whooping 20 hunger and 30 sanity. My boat was demaged so I brought tiger-shark to the nearest island, and that's where it all went... interesting. The MOMENT my feet touched the ground I became insane. The game decided that I wasn't a good boy and instead of a nice and slow crawling horror I get a terrorbeak. And to just rub it in my face a night was right around the corner. 

*Record scratch* *video stops* *zoom in on a starving Warly holding a torch running away from Tiger-shark and terrorbeak*
"Yep that's me. You're probably wondering how I ended up in this wacky situation"

But this is where Top 10 greatest Anime Plot Twists happened. 

I SURVIVED

I probably had so much adrenalin in me that my eyes where analyzing everything frame by frame and I'm pretty sure I stopped actually blinking. I burned everything that was burnable so that I can have light and also to dry off (so sanity wasn't a problem anymore). Whenever Tiger-shark did her jump attack or roar animation I would attack terrorbeak till it's dead. Then it was only tiger-shark left (remember that I was still at 0 hunger). I killed her. I ate her raw chunks of meat. I cooked myself a dish that would fill my belly. I became a man.

I'm not the sharpest tack in the box and during the Forge event, I was playing as Winona. Most of the team had fallen and there was a Wilson and myself left. I should've stunned and aggroed the enemies giving the Wilson  a chance to revive another team member but I panicked and attempted to revive someone else...*sigh* Like I said, not the sharpest. 

Crocodiles. Sharx. Two swordfish. Insanity. Overheating. Volcano eruption eminent. Armor and weapons almost broken. Panicked, I land on a nearby island. I dispatch of the crocodiles and hug the wall to kill the sharx, but, the volcano erupted. Normally, not a huge issue, but.

A dragoon egg landed right on my boat, destroying it instantly (somehow despite high health).

The island I was on was barren.

Well, not entirely barren.

There was a monkey house and 1 berry bush, that as soon as I rendered it the monkeys took the berries.

I was preparing to fight dragonfly with the wall setup in my 2000+ day world, me being looked in the enclosure trapped with DF. My stupidity caused this chain of events. I normaly use the star caller staff when fighting DF, but this time i only had my moon caller staff. So i was like "meh, it'll work". So i started the fight. about a forth of the way through i noticed i was getting cold....ya see winter was approaching. But im a boy scout, i was over prepared. So i just ate a jellybean to somewhat nulliy the freezing. Then the worst thing happened....hound attack. I forgot to wait for them before i started the fight.

So i tried to keep my cool, i went to a wall and smashed it down to get out the enclosure while dragonfly was getting free shots on my back. I broke out and went out side. The hounds showed up....then night came. I was running around the desert at night with a lantern hoping DF would kill some of hounds. Well....she didnt. She was intensely focused on me. Also, im trying keep close to lava pools for warmth.

By the way, i was the robot. Had about 300 health at the time, and some emergency gears in my inventory. Remember... boy scout xD So i didnt want to run too far and de-aggro DF, so i stopped and played pans flute. So every thing was sleep, i start healing while going back to my arena. The hounds wake and aggro DF. Yes! Then it happened....she pushed into her larve phase. I start to panic i run back to the arena and try to repair the walls but they overwhelmed me, set me on fire. I ran outside again, ate my emergency gears, kited DF and larve until they died. 

I took df back to the arena...she enraged i got hit like 8 times, she took like almost all my health. Pans flute/heal self again. My helmets were running low so i decided to wear some log suits that were here. Remember too, im still cold from it practically being winter now, still had the polar light going...but i was determined. So i got back into rhyhm with DF, and managed to beat her.

I was standing there freezing, happy that i just made it through all of this craziness....then my ploar light went out. Total darkness. My lantern was empty bc of the shenanigans from the night before and i dropped my backpack with my miners hat and mooncallers staff to equip my log suit...

Sigh, I love Dont starve, but i hate it at the same time....

This first one isn't really much of a series, but I remember once, I was playing Don't Starve trying to set up for Spring, during Spring. (Mind that this was when I was much more inexperienced in the game.) I was trying to set up a Lightning Rod, to prevent fire or damage, and as I clicked down to set it up, my game lagged up for a sec, and as soon as it unfroze lightning struck burning down my entire base.

Another time, playing DST w/ my friend, it started to Frog Rain so I ran over to 3 Goose/Goose nest, to get the frogs to kill the Goose. Apparently two groups f the moosling things had merged under one mother, so after the frogs finished her off, I had 10 of the baby meese bois on my tail. I tried to escape to some beefalo in heat, to get them off of me, but then a hound attack started. Keep in mind that my computer is awful, so my frame rate was steadily dropping at this moment. Soon my sanity depleted and night came over, and being the idiot I am, I had not packed myself a torch or light source. So here I am, running for my life with nightmare creatures, 10 mooslings, and several hounds biting at my heels in the pitch black. And then lightning struck killing me. What are the odds.

On 2/14/2018 at 6:23 AM, Auth said:

A dragoon egg landed right on my boat, destroying it instantly (somehow despite high health).

Your boat's health doesn't matter, one hit from a dragoon egg will instantly destroy it. That's why it's better to go to barren islands with some good armor during eruptions.

everything happened , hounds attacked then Goose Goose nest and bugged out and spawned extra 2 ones and then frogs started falling out of skz and i was like HELL NO I HAVE THESE HERE frogs like PSYCHE GONNA REKT YOU and i ran

i ran

like 2 days of running around mooses so frogs attac , Goose protec and moosling cri 

i ran and then went into meteor field and psyche a meteor fallen and i was left with wolfgang with 2 hp , 2 turned into 1 and i panicked and accidentally visited spider infested biome... i dont wanna die , I DONT WANNA DIE and then meteor hit spiders and i ran away...

i healed myself and never visited that ''worse than forge'' place

19 hours ago, JellyUltra said:

Your boat's health doesn't matter, one hit from a dragoon egg will instantly destroy it. That's why it's better to go to barren islands with some good armor during eruptions.

wiki sazs it does 300 damage plus big waves so that means you could survive it on good boat { encrusted one please }

It definitely wasn't the craziest bunch of mishaps I had to go through all at once, but it was the one I remember most fondly. A time I decided to finally break out of that always-autumn server, and make one where winter was longer than what I was comfortable with at the time. It was formally known as "The Long Crawl", but it was anything but a crawl. It was pure madness for a night. Luckily for my fading memory, I managed to take some crisp snapshots of the action.

Long story short. Me, the Willow, and my friend, who played Maxwell, decided to embark on a routine trip to the local spider nest to gather some silk. We intended to only kill a tier 3 nest's worth of spiders and claim the eggs, but that's when the hounds came...

20170713123457_1.thumb.jpg.be8e68f28a198592792131e206ceeaaf.jpg

We were overwhelmed very quickly. Our fire started to flicker away. Maxy's spear broke, so I haphazardly dropped mine for him. My armor broke, and then the spider eggs I absentmindedly left near the flame turned into ashes. We were reduced to helplessly running around the area, and then we heard something worse... The infamous deerclops! At that point, we were desperate enough for something to break our fight. We were so far away from home, yet still fighting so hard for a way out. The boss promptly emerged from the darkness, and then we approached it, bringing our pursuers with us to the deerclops!

Fortunately for us, Mr. One Eye decided to (unwillingly) side with us for the night. We made a mad dash for our base by lantern-light, forgetting our backpacks and poor ol' Chester (he was okay), who had to sleep outside for the night. We were so hurt, so cold, but we made it alive, and we didn't have to deal with the wrath of the deerclops. A few days later, however, we didn't feel confident enough to face it by ourselves, should it return again to demolish our precious base. Knowing that the DragonFly's domain was close by, we prepared to lead the wandering Deerclops to the scaly menace.

20170731123023_1.thumb.jpg.6704b97f90513b410b012f230f08ac12.jpge.

Bad idea. The DragonFly seemed oblivious to the deerclops, instead turning on us! I soon had the DragonFly on my tail, and somehow making me forget to put on the lovely football helmet I made for such a "uh oh" occasion. Good thing Bernie was unharmed, because by then I would have been mad. While Maxwell stood nearby to watch the scuffle that did not happen, I, in ghost form, hiked all the way to the nearest touchstone, and hiked back to my body so I wouldn't freeze and die again. We went back home empty-handed, miserably feasting on cooked seeds and honey nuggets. After fooling around with the emotes in our respite for a day, Maxwell said goodbye and left. I think he did not want to help me grow the garden for spring, lazybones... And that's it.

20170731123929_1.thumb.jpg.b39e2b2b326289fe9c18ecfcf82feef4.jpg

I decided to fight (solo) dragonfly on my 2nd winter. I waited for like 4 days so that I can kill deerclops but he didn't spawn. "Well this is the last day so he probably won't show up". You probably know what's going to happen next.... I fight D-fly by using the "build a wall with a magma pool in the middle" strategy. 

Spoiler

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania don't starve together dragonfly solo

What I'm about to say will (probably) have a special place in my memory as this was my first time fighting D-fly.

Now before any of you say "Yeah sure. First time fighting Dragonfly and you choose to do it durring winter. Maybe you were also Wes with a walking cane. Stop making up stories" I watched a video on yt and a guy killed Dragonfly durring winter. He kept himself warm by using magma pools and I thought that I can do the same.

The fight was going pretty... average. Taking more hits then I would like to but kiting was getting better and better. After I brought D-fly to like 7k I heard a growl... my heart stopped. My screen started to shake and I soon heard sound of Deerclops attacking and also Chester taking demage. Rest in rip little buddy:wilson_angelic:. Deerclops is probably more evil that we think becasue instead of just killing my he decided to smash the walls I was protecting myself from lavea. He then set himself on fire and walked away. It was a miricle that dragon decided to spawn lavea or else I would be dead from taking it's hits. I quicly started to repair the walls just so that they count as an object. I only manager to repair 3. It WAS enough. The fight with D-fly then soon ended but there still was a great danger upon me. My D-fly desert is like 2-3 screens away from my bunnyman farm and my bunnyman farm is 1-2 screens away from my base. "Please don't be smashed (x7)" 

It wasn't but the Deerclops was killing all my bunnyman. I'M FINE WITH THAT. What I wasn't fine with is that after D-fly fight I only had log suit that I sacrificed my 8 logs for.  ...hounds. FRICKING HOUNDS. "Ok, ok you got this. Just use Deerclops... he is destroying my bunnyman hutches. STOP". 

Hi I'm Wx-78 and welcome to jackass. Today I'm going to be chased by Deerclops and hounds while almost freezing.

Thank -god- Nome the hounds quckly started to attack Deerclops. Now I could focus on how to make a light. AH YES I'M A GENIUS (I had a firepit pre-crafted) So now it was just a matter of kiling Deerclops.

And that's the story of how I understood that being patient is important.

17 hours ago, Commissar Oscar said:

It definitely wasn't the craziest bunch of mishaps I had to go through all at once, but it was the one I remember most fondly. A time I decided to finally break out of that always-autumn server, and make one where winter was longer than what I was comfortable with at the time. It was formally known as "The Long Crawl", but it was anything but a crawl. It was pure madness for a night. Luckily for my fading memory, I managed to take some crisp snapshots of the action.

Long story short. Me, the Willow, and my friend, who played Maxwell, decided to embark on a routine trip to the local spider nest to gather some silk. We intended to only kill a tier 3 nest's worth of spiders and claim the eggs, but that's when the hounds came...

20170713123457_1.thumb.jpg.be8e68f28a198592792131e206ceeaaf.jpg

We were overwhelmed very quickly. Our fire started to flicker away. Maxy's spear broke, so I haphazardly dropped mine for him. My armor broke, and then the spider eggs I absentmindedly left near the flame turned into ashes. We were reduced to helplessly running around the area, and then we heard something worse... The infamous deerclops! At that point, we were desperate enough for something to break our fight. We were so far away from home, yet still fighting so hard for a way out. The boss promptly emerged from the darkness, and then we approached it, bringing our pursuers with us to the deerclops!

Fortunately for us, Mr. One Eye decided to (unwillingly) side with us for the night. We made a mad dash for our base by lantern-light, forgetting our backpacks and poor ol' Chester (he was okay), who had to sleep outside for the night. We were so hurt, so cold, but we made it alive, and we didn't have to deal with the wrath of the deerclops. A few days later, however, we didn't feel confident enough to face it by ourselves, should it return again to demolish our precious base. Knowing that the DragonFly's domain was close by, we prepared to lead the wandering Deerclops to the scaly menace.

20170731123023_1.thumb.jpg.6704b97f90513b410b012f230f08ac12.jpge.

Bad idea. The DragonFly seemed oblivious to the deerclops, instead turning on us! I soon had the DragonFly on my tail, and somehow making me forget to put on the lovely football helmet I made for such a "uh oh" occasion. Good thing Bernie was unharmed, because by then I would have been mad. While Maxwell stood nearby to watch the scuffle that did not happen, I, in ghost form, hiked all the way to the nearest touchstone, and hiked back to my body so I wouldn't freeze and die again. We went back home empty-handed, miserably feasting on cooked seeds and honey nuggets. After fooling around with the emotes in our respite for a day, Maxwell said goodbye and left. I think he did not want to help me grow the garden for spring, lazybones... And that's it.

20170731123929_1.thumb.jpg.b39e2b2b326289fe9c18ecfcf82feef4.jpg

Great story and nice to see pictures with it!   Sometimes even experienced players can inadvertently see events spiral out of control.

Archived