[Game Update] - 253949

2 minutes ago, R9MX4 said:

Steam turbine doesn't exhaust steam now. It consumes steam 5 kg/s, just like a horror movie.

Consuming steam without any outputs. Ok, I don't think anyone will use those then.

Edited by Saturnus

21 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Consuming steam without any outputs. Ok, I don't think anyone will use those then.

+1

Steam turbines just became ex-content. Shame, hoping this will be looked at properly considering we already have one "waste of space" generator in the petroleum gen.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lifegrow said:

+1

Steam turbines just became ex-content. Shame, hoping this will be looked at properly considering we already have one "waste of space" generator in the petroleum gen.

Is Petroleum generator actually a waste of space? It seems viable when you don't need to make plastic and want to use your polluted water in other ways than dumping it into fertilizer makers. Full disclosure though, I didn't really touch the automation update and haven't gone deep into occupation yet.

Edited by Byste

If we go in terms of power sources, once my system is set up I use mainly Hydrogen, and once my supply runs low I switch to Natural Gas, by the time that room is even close to being empty the hydrogen one is full again. But I do have Petroleum ready and waiting at a Gen just incase. But I have never needed it thankfully.

I think simplifying the jobs thing for now is a good idea. You still need jobs to gain abilities and that's probably good enough for the moment. We all know the game is still in alpha and they can work the priority stuff in later.

6 minutes ago, Mayveena said:

I think simplifying the jobs thing for now is a good idea. You still need jobs to gain abilities and that's probably good enough for the moment. We all know the game is still in alpha and they can work the priority stuff in later.

It's not in alpha anymore. It's in early access. Not the same thing.

2 hours ago, Saturnus said:

I'd argue the preview branch is alpha.

37 minutes ago, turbonl64 said:

I'd argue the preview branch is alpha.

I'd highlight that the preview branch 1 day prior to actual released content is generally as close as damnit :p

I was optimistic for this update, but i'm still baffled by the steam turbine and my disappearing steam/water. Seems to be no reasoning behind it... I've done quite a few different setups by now :p  Alas, they all "randomly" lose steam and need more water - despite being fully closed systems... 

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a4aced74202c917053a061d97ad385c7.pngimage.thumb.png.9d65827ab5cccc16225989abd2c5b73a.png

And this one in particular drinks water like a son of a....

image.thumb.png.82dbbdfa48bc1d06f703a4327a8d3d29.png

I really can't figure this one out - I know there's a bug with high packet loss - but this seems totally random :? 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

I really can't figure this one out ..

Something changed a bit. Yesterday lower one was running at full power, upper one at 50-75% and now only one is running, then running out and the other starts ^^
It's a closed system and i need not, to add water.
Sometimes the upper steam engine, is "blowing" steam through the upper abyssalite and there is the water condensing, but that's nothing new (polluted oxygen can do the same)
Edit
image.thumb.png.d8cff15c8d45730eaa107ed5b84e3b37.png
Edit: When i add polluted water as "lock", both are running full power, no extra water is added ^^
Steampressure in every section is >4Kg..
image.thumb.png.9ce63d0c97387ceefe1fe68f784a50ac.png

Edited by Oozinator

6 hours ago, SkunkMaster said:

I honestly prefer that, gives jobs more merit and stats from new dupes some weight. 

All it means is that I'm going to reject 90+% of new dupes because their stats are terrible, and spend 10 minutes on the RNG dupe selection before I even can find out if my map has a chlorine geyser. Passive stat growth means my older dupes are more than just their hat.

3 hours ago, chemie said:

Are metal refinery still bugged with random output temps of 60 to 300C depending on who knows what?

Are you sure it isn't just equalization of input and output when 400kg of input gets transferred into output, then output gets heated by temperature dependent on heat capacity of coolant?

Just now, Coolthulhu said:

Are you sure it isn't just equalization of input and output when 400kg of input gets transferred into output, then output gets heated by temperature dependent on heat capacity of coolant?

All I know is if I feed petroleum at 50c, I got anything from 60 to 300c out regardless of metal input temp

7 hours ago, Saturnus said:

Alpha is a state of software and has been in use for decades to describe software where components are not finished. Early Access is something Steam calls some games by request of their publishers. There is no connection.

1 hour ago, Mayveena said:

Alpha is a state of software and has been in use for decades to describe software where components are not finished. Early Access is something Steam calls some games by request of their publishers. There is no connection.

You wanna know why I know it's no longer considered in alpha.

<<<<<< Look there. It says Alpha contributor. The alpha stage has finished.

In games the alpha test version is usually still very technical. The game engine is not yet completely done or other technical components such as networking have to be figured out / tuned, also there are major features missing.

A beta test is usually something that already works as a game. The engine is done, so the general underlying game rules are pretty much set in stone, typically in a beta you add minor features (in a technical sense) that are more game design oriented than technical oriented. The game balance might be off and "content" stuff is not completely done yet.

Even if it wasn't communicated by the devs that the alpha is over, it would be pretty clear that ONI is in a beta stage and certainly not in an alpha stage. The updates are mostly small fixes, content additions, graphical changes, balance changes and stuff like that. You don't expect Klei to do an update that completely changes how gases move around or something along those lines.