Mr. skits: Future development

2 hours ago, Weirdobob said:

He also raises/lowers obelisks, and pops out of ruin chests sometimes. That or it's another creature that just looks a lot like him.

He's also there when Maxwell creates his puppets. When not just standing around he's usually seen changing or creating things in the world. So because of that that I always saw Mr. Skits as a shadow that dose the world building behind the scenes.

2 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Doesn't he also possess whatever axe woodie is using to turn it into lucy?

Can I get citations on that?

4 hours ago, Dapu said:

I think he’s been manipulating everyone through the codex umbra since he made it, also he could be Metheus

Metheus is hinted to be the king. Mr. Skits could be just another character.

On 1/5/2018 at 10:05 PM, minespatch said:

Metheus is hinted to be the king. Mr. Skits could be just another character.

Pretty sure it happens when you whack a tree with a normal axe as Woodie.

On January 5, 2018 at 7:05 PM, minespatch said:

I was trying to find a gif but Ican't and I'm on my cell phone only for the next weeks unfortunately. It's exactly what @IzzyXD said, pick woodie, throw lucy away, make a regular axe and start chopping any tree, you will see an animation of mr skits entering the axe and poofing lucy into his hand. The possession thingie was mentioned by v2c on a patch note too.

On 1/5/2018 at 2:55 PM, ShadowDuelist said:

Doesn't he also possess whatever axe woodie is using to turn it into lucy?

On 1/5/2018 at 5:05 PM, minespatch said:

12 minutes ago, IzzyXD said:

Pretty sure it happens when you whack a tree with a normal axe as Woodie.

If you're woodie and you've lost your Lucy, then using a regular axe will get you another Lucy.

Note that losing a Lucy can be a bit hard, but most of the time I see it is when a Woodie leaves it and then leaves the server, and comes back later.

It's in here in the woodie prefab file:

Spoiler

local function onworked(inst, data)
    if data.target ~= nil and data.target.components.workable ~= nil then
        if inst.isbeavermode:value() then
            inst.components.beaverness:DoDelta(TUNING.BEAVER_GNAW_GAIN, true)
        elseif data.target.components.workable.action == ACTIONS.CHOP then
            inst.components.beaverness:DoDelta(TUNING.WOODIE_CHOP_DRAIN, true)

local equipitem = inst.components.inventory:GetEquippedItem(EQUIPSLOTS.HANDS)
            if equipitem ~= nil and (equipitem.prefab == "axe" or equipitem.prefab == "goldenaxe") then
                local itemuses = equipitem.components.finiteuses ~= nil and equipitem.components.finiteuses:GetUses() or nil
                if itemuses == nil or itemuses > 0 then
                    --Don't make Lucy if we already have one
                    if inst.components.inventory:FindItem(IsLucy) == nil then
                        local lucy = SpawnPrefab("lucy")
                        lucy.components.possessedaxe.revert_prefab = equipitem.prefab
                        lucy.components.possessedaxe.revert_uses = itemuses
                        equipitem:Remove()
                        inst.components.inventory:Equip(lucy)
                        if lucy.components.possessedaxe.transform_fx ~= nil then
                            local fx = SpawnPrefab(lucy.components.possessedaxe.transform_fx)
                            if fx ~= nil then
                                fx.entity:AddFollower()
                                fx.Follower:FollowSymbol(inst.GUID, "swap_object", 50, -25, 0)
                            end
                        end
                    end
                end
            end
        end
    end
end

As Fang pointed out Mr. Skits does magic-related changes in the world behind the scenes  (changing splumonkeys, raising obeliscs, changing ancient statues)

He seems to always watch the player (as all shadow creatures do, they just aren't visible when someone is sane) but despite his teeth he is not aggressive and will escape when player get's too close. Which is interesting cuz he has a special "dissapear" animation. Other shadow creatures just move away or "lower themselves"  into the darkness. (shadow watcher and night hands are on the ground, 2D so...)

I'd say that he could have been some sort of ancient mage (most people belive that ancient became shadow creatures) and that's the reason why he is "intelligent" and isn't just a blood-thirsting monster.

54 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

I'd say that he could have been some sort of ancient mage (most people belive that ancient became shadow creatures) and that's the reason why he is "intelligent" and isn't just a blood-thirsting monster.

That'd work. It'd differentiate him from Metheus. 

I'm sorry but I simply feel like all these Mr Skits appearances are just because of laziness ;_: Transformation of monkeys, obelisks, shadow puppets, turning axe into Lucy and other things. All using the same effect that doesn't even make much sense most of the time ;_:
 You never have more than one Mr Skits watching you when you're getting insane. We can kinda say there's just one Mr Skits. Yet there is a horde when you play around with obelisks.

well, all i know is his name is probably a pun on Skits-ophrenia

On 1/8/2018 at 1:51 PM, Maslak said:

I'm sorry but I simply feel like all these Mr Skits appearances are just because of laziness ;_: Transformation of monkeys, obelisks, shadow puppets, turning axe into Lucy and other things. All using the same effect that doesn't even make much sense most of the time ;_:
 You never have more than one Mr Skits watching you when you're getting insane. We can kinda say there's just one Mr Skits. Yet there is a horde when you play around with obelisks.

6 people can have a Skits at once, or even more. 100s, even. It's hardly a stretch to believe some obelisks. 

Archived