Make Forge a permamant mode?

DragonMage156

Should Forge (or similar) be a permamant (optional) game mode?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Should Forge (or similar) be a permamant (optional) game mode?

• Yes! Klei, make that a thing!
    • No. It's a limited event for a reason and I personally think it's for the best.
    • I don't know. Maybe, maybe not.

Ok so I know Forge is only disabled right now cos it's going out of beta (and Hallowed Nights) but I can't be the only one who finds it sad that it's only a limited time thing, right? Honestly, idk about you guys, but I really enjoyed that game mode. It felt awesome to not get killed by starvation for once and it was just overall fun. (Then again, that fire staff is pretty epic ^_^ )

My friends enjoyed this game mode too.

So I think the devs should make it a permanent (optional) game mode or atleast something similar. Wouldn't it bring in a wider audience of players, meaning more purchases of DST anyway?

Idk, I think there's more pros than cons of making it a permanent gamemode imo.

12 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

My brother actually pointed out another good idea: Making a DLC for it. I'd buy that ^_^ and it's make it DST's first DLC.

The reason why they're going to be offering a way to buy the warrior skin collection is so they don't have to split the community with DLCs.

7 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

The reason why they're going to be offering a way to buy the warrior skin collection is so they don't have to split the community with DLCs.

But the Forge is so much fun! (And easier to survive in ^^; ) hence why I'm hoping it gets it's own mode or something so we don't have to rely on mod ports and such.

I'd like if they brought it back every couple of months instead of making it a permanent game mode. It would not only mean that they won't have to keep their servers up constantly, but would also keep the community more alive. Imagine if they would not stop hosting server for the Forge and you'd want to play it in a year. There'd probably be barely anyone interested in playing it anymore and those who actually are also wouldn't play because of that. Meanwhile, if they would only have hosted it a couple of times during that year, you might have to wait until they host it again, but then you'd actually have a lot of people to play with.

I understand people wanting the game to be a permanent add on. Though there is the issue of eventually (even if it's not the case now) the mode will get old. Once the mode gets old Klei is wasting time and effort hosting the Forge's servers. (do keep in mind they're hosting every Forge server themselves) It will eventually be overused to the point of we lose it because it won't get enough attention and it will be a situation where we "really did notice how much we liked the Forge until it left" kinda deal. I don't want that so making it come around every few months, (keep in mind The Forge isn't forcefully linked to November in any holiday sort of standard so they can throw this thing out whenever) or when Klei needs to present an event a second time to get more time for working on whatever is coming down the pipe later we will actually be excited. We'll be thinking OH SWEET FORGE IS BACK BABY. Otherwise we have a bunch of people playing the base game or whatever limited time event is currently on with a bunch of empty Forge servers not being used.

Put simply keeping this mode to come every few months or when the fanbase needs excitement while Klei works on more stuff for DST is the better decision since if it's a permanent addition it will eventually get  ignored for the most part due to it just becoming an old thing and people losing interest. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Pig said:

Put simply keeping this mode to come every few months or when the fanbase needs excitement while Klei works on more stuff for DST is the better decision since if it's a permanent addition it will eventually get  ignored for the most part due to it just becoming an old thing and people losing interest. 

I'm really curious  what these future events will be. So I'm fine it's a limited event.

If you ask me, I just wish it would be an option, either the normal Dont Starve Together Experience or the Forge as a setting while creating a server, so Klei doesn't have to make pernament event servers for people that want to play the forge.
But to be honest as a Modder I'd love to see a possibility to make the Forge compatible with Modded Chars.
Regardless of that, I wish that this whole event wasn't just thrown away into the trash, I really really appreciete the artwork put into it and scrapping it all away after 3 weeks would be litteraly the worst thing ever to do

Archived