Your majesty at last!

This world hates me with passion.

I took every possible measure and yet I was surprised again.

As we gathered to start the raid I could see a shadow over Your Majesty face. As if he was foreseeing the events that were about to unfold.

We started our mission as planned and gained territory steady, wiping out all resistance without casualties on our side.

We met Balbinus the brave deep down in the forest. He was there as if no peril existed around him. He decided to join our ranks and we were all overjoyed.

Then the surprise came... Hounds! I could hear them comming. we could deal with them easily but wait, the forest! They will destroy it.

Quick, everyone follow me to the worm hole. We must reach it before is too late!

I was fast but my men were not, I saw the worm hole at the same moment I saw the hounds engaging my soldiers. We had to stand our ground in a clearing with hopes of no fire hound incident. No fire hound came to the clearing.

We had that relief feeling for a brief moment and then we saw fire starting on the distance. Suddenly a big part of the forest was taken by wild fire. Our army were reduced and we went looking for stranded men after the fire ended.

Then, when we reached a part of the forest where the fire did not touch we found another spider queen. And as Soon as we engaged, the forest catch up on fire again.

How could it be?

Well, after the battle and the flames all went to silence. I was standing there alone again. No pig suvivors. No nothing. I then started searching the battlefield for clues and figured what happened.

Balbinus the brave decided to stand his ground and with the help of two soldiers took a couple fire hounds with him to the grave. Thats how one of the fires started.

I dont know how the other fire started of if it was only one fire spreading around and catching us when battling the queen.

So its preparation time again.

The army, ready to begin:

(linked due to maximum images per post)

We meet Balbinus the brave:

Posted Image

Hound Alert!

Posted Image

A wild fire appears:

Posted Image

Balbinus crime scene:

Posted Image

Wow, it is a fantastic story, man! (errr. pig? :p) So continue this, please.

And some questions to author of universum:

[*]Why Your Majesty Pig King doesn't support you in war? It is a diplomatic trick because he was afraid of Spiders Queen Union (SQU)?

[*]Are Spiders Queen Union after several failures sends his heralds (deputies) to Your Majesty and General Avelarius?

[*]What with fortifications? Why you didn't build anythink? Is the Your Majesty not agree to the construction? It will make only pros, not cons! The border beetwen recovered territory and SQU will be safer and gives some bases to next campaings. (proposition of names to strongholds: Spidergrave, Hammerden, Fort Koalaphant etc.)

Edited by TheTobruk

Wow, it is a fantastic story, man! (errr. pig? :p) So continue this, please.

And some questions to author of universum:

[*]Why Your Majesty Pig King doesn't support you in war? It is a diplomatic trick because he was afraid of Spiders Queen Union (SQU)?

[*]Are Spiders Queen Union after several failures sends his heralds (deputies) to Your Majesty and General Avelarius?

[*]What with fortifications? Why you didn't build anythink? Is the Your Majesty not agree to the construction? It will make only pros, not cons! The border beetwen recovered territory and SQU will be safer and gives some bases to next campaings. (proposition of names to strongholds: Spidergrave, Hammerden, Fort Koalaphant etc.)

Spiders know nothing about diplomacy its all about conquest and destruction. Your Majesty is sad and have suffered great losses in the hands of these barbarians. I do not think he will be happy until his land is free and he do not believe this is going to happen. Is my mission to prove him wrong.

About fortifications... well... when I am done, there will be no use for them.

About other improvements I will get to it when I am done with the raging hordes.

Hahahah :D great stuff mate, if you find the battle to be impossible, try walling the spiders out of your area.

Impossible you say? I know no such word. Pretty dam hard the way I want to do it perhaps. But I am not giving up.

This is sounds like an actual war journal from your detailed description and how you created a political angst for the pig king making him seem scared to fight the barbaric spiders. This is arguably the best thread on the forum and is defiantly my favorite! Keep up the good work :D (campaign advice: if you need more men errr..pigs you just feed some of your men errr...pigs monster meat until they turn, when the turn and you kill them they always drop 2 meat and pig skin. It's a fairly cheap and quick way to get lots of houses for your men err...pigs)

After last battle I had to add a couple new variables to the war plans.

1 - Food: I figured out I could counter the evil effects of monster meat by cooking it with some special herbs and ingredients and feed my troops without the need of killing innocent animals. Two new dishes were developed with this in mind: Kabobs and Honey Nuggets. I also devised a monster meat farm to complement the monster meat supply coming from the front.

2 - Hounds: Not much I can do about them besides my traps. One thing though, I will watch their timings and try to plan the next raid when they are less likely to appear.

They showed up when I was in the middle of war rations production and I was pleased to meet them on my terms this time with better results.

Then it happened, within 3 days a second hound attack showed me it was time to battle again.

This time, while we were preparing ourselves the king tried to show less concern. He even wanted to look at my battle plan and seemed a little more confident than before.

And we entered the battlefield once again. This time, more prepared than ever and this preparation was put to test right on the start...

I had that feeling again, too easy. Then I took a turn back and started to search the dense vegetation and there it was a hinding queen just waiting for us to get deeper in enemy territory to close our escape route. Not this time. Go for the eyes!

The hiding queen:

Posted Image

Things went nice after that and very Soon we were taking on the last spider den within Your Majesty's land.

I finally saw a smile in the face of the king in the celebrations that took place over that night. The king gave me his lucky gold nugget and the deed of an island as a reward for my efforts. He also asked me to rid the mainland of the spider scourge and to start doing it by dawn.

Victory celebration:

Posted Image

So, in the morning after, I headed north to secure access of reed supply and was surprised by an invasion force going south. The battle was long but we won in the end and kept going north. The goal was to secure a route to the swamp worm hole connected to my pig village.

The final battle for the reed supply was terrible With a queen and two tentacles at the same time.

Episode map:

Posted Image

Next: Swamp raid and tallbirds land.

This is sounds like an actual war journal from your detailed description and how you created a political angst for the pig king making him seem scared to fight the barbaric spiders. This is arguably the best thread on the forum and is defiantly my favorite! Keep up the good work :D (campaign advice: if you need more men errr..pigs you just feed some of your men errr...pigs monster meat until they turn, when the turn and you kill them they always drop 2 meat and pig skin. It's a fairly cheap and quick way to get lots of houses for your men err...pigs)

Thanks man =)

I have a pig house building at day 168. I come across pig skin during battles and the ones I do not use for helmets are stored for pig housing. I am satisfied with the current army size for now.

When the war is over the king will have no more use for you.Watch out for his betrayal. :)

I do not believe so. The only sin the king indulge himself in is gluttony. No greed (interesting, both words can have the same meaning in English), hatred, avarice...He is all about gratitude and friendship.

Remember to dig up all sticky webbing from Your Majesty's land territory! Otherwise pigs will not travel so quickly and easily from coast to coast :)

I plan on clearing all roads and access to worm holes and key locations like pig houses, ponds and reeds.About the land, I will pass over it only once, replanting the forest. So it will be more productive if I leave the webbing and only gather when the need for more fuel arises.The lonely houses in the forest will be easier to find, just follow the path in the webbing.Hmm... thinking about it. I will change the ground around the houses so you will see diamond shaped marks in the map.This will be done after the war of course.

Lore. It's really more art & lore & journals though.

I got it... I think.Just to let it clear, all the pictures and scenes are unedited except for the obvious marks, I take shots as I play, save them with self explanatory file names and, when there is enough for a post, I take my time, when available, to explain what happened in an entertaining way.

Continue doing it :D

I am doing it. I was planning to do things in a way but the world keep surprising me and making me to adapt. I think I will have something to post later today.

The day after we conquered the reed supply, hounds attacked, and again five days after that.

It was not the shortest interval but I decided to start another raid.

My plan was to clear the swamps at north and then come down until reaching the tallbird lands.

So I went to my village and after building shelter for the war refugees, I recruited the men and visited the king village to increase the army size.

The first raid would end when reaching the worm hole to my pig village.

We entered the swamp and started battling tentacles to gain access and map all terrain.

But an unfortunate accident happened. I was trying to store a tentacle spike in a bag on the ground when I accidentaly hit a fellow soldier.

I dont remember much after that except for awaking inside my effigy, in my camp.

I took it as a sign that I should start by south and leave the swamp alone for a while.

And so I did. Two days later and after rebuilding my effigy just in case any other accident happens, we were back in action in tallbird land.

It was a hard day and in the end half of the men turned and attacked the other half. The spiders were poisoning them real fast.

That was enough. I was getting a break before going crazy. I went back to my camp and took care of my farms and sorted out my inventories. Even managed to create an armory.

The only action I was having was watching hounds die and webbing, web and monster meat farm.

I even managed to contain an outbreak in the farm. Which created lots of webbing that kept me busy for a couple days.

The hounds came to announce the end of my break.

And we went back to tallbird land.

Work done and I turned my eyes again to the big north swamps.

But the men were war weary and I let them go back to their families for a while and kept myself busy with some road cleaning.

The road was the one connecting my camp to the king village. It crosses the big central forest and it was taken by spiders.

So, enough rest, lets fight again and make the central forest a safe place.

We started by eliminating a big den by the road.

There was an uncharted region northeast of our position and we could not move north before checking it.

And there they were, queens, hiding in lower level dens, one, two, three, FOUR queens awaiting for us to go north to make a big ambush.

This day will be remembered as one of the biggest battles. After defeating the queens and before destroying the last den, hounds came.

I could not hear them due to the intensity of the battle and they got us where they wanted: surrounded by trees.

The first kills poisoned my soldiers and then we had to battle hounds, werepig and fire.

There was not much for me to do so I used a worm hole and left to heal.

I came back alone the next morning to finish the remaining northeast den and one hound.

Now back to the webbing farm that was in need of control and to tend the camp that was in need of care.

Ten days passed before we resumed the battle of the central forest with another ambush and more soldier poisoning.

And four more days before we managed to destroy the ambush forces.

The day after we catch a queen disguising as a den and after the battle we left the spoils behind and folowed the fresh tracks of a big attack force.

The other end of the worm hole was right on top of my base.

We came out just in time to see the invasion force.

After dealing with it I suspected something and went to check the webbing farm and found the queen I suspected I would.

The webbing farm was giving away our position and had to be terminated. Even after terminating the den. I had to deal with the north forces that were already aware of our position.

But I was not ready for this task yet.

I had to make more rations and wait for the hounds to attack twice in a short period of time.

And we started by destroying a road block and clearing the forest.

We met Diocletian another brave soul who joined us.

We fought that day and the day after until I saw my last soldier being poisoned and killed by a queen.

I just could not leave that queen alive.

Three days after that and I was still enraged.

And the hounds came.

And again five days later.

Their meat complemented the field rations.

But only seven days later I returned to the front.

Found a perfect spot for a bunny farm. I could release them there and leave chester guarding the narrow access.

I was looking for a replacement for monster meat since when I disabled the spider farm.

The queens kept coming out of small dens, and we kept destroying them.

The noon of the next day was the moment we destroyed the last den north of my base.

We found strange tracks in the morning after but had no time to follow them.

The next target was the central swamp. The place I lost Mickey for a tentacle.

I warned the man to be careful about food laying in the ground but knew it would be very hard for them to fight their nature.

We reached the place and I saw rots lying around. I knew one of them was Mickey's and I knew I was about to lose more soldiers for those monsters.

Nero was the only survivor. But not for long.

I decided to avenge my men and to prevent any other to die in the central swamp, I took the matter in my own hands and fought a queen.

Almost got killed by a pair of tentacles in the webbing.

But I was not giving up and used the tentacles in my favor.

It was very risky but I was beating the odds.

Even when the hounds came just as I finished the last queen

I managed to turn them against the tentacles as well.

And there was the last den.

And there was the spider free swamp.

It was a good day in the end but I was exausted. No more battles for a long time.

So I went bunny farming, hound killing, egg collecting with hound killing, more hound killing.

And the day has come for the big north swamps.

And the mighty pig army, after a small progress, was no more.

But I knew what to do...

Posted Image

Carefully...

Posted Image

One battle at a time.

The swamps were liberated.

Posted Image

The war was over.

I returned to the king and showed him the spoils.

Posted Image

He was relieved but worried.

"The future of a species rests in our hands. I dont want them to stop existing and I dont want them atacking my people. What do we do with the eggs?"

And we stood there, all night, by the fire pit, contemplating the future of the spider race...

I suggest making an area far away from any pig village like a swamp biome(after you kill all the tentacles for their drops) and put maybe 3 or 4 eggs down and keep the rest in chests safe from fire hounds and krampus. This will keep the specious alive and will prevent the extinction of the spiders (unless you want them extinct then just burn them all)

We had no solution in the morning after.

His Majesty* was tired and asked me to look for an answer and to get busy with something else in the meanwhile. The eggs were all dormant and this could wait. He would ask his subjects to look for possible solutions as well.

* (Good God! Only now I realised I was using first person wrong >.< It's because in Portuguese His, Her and Your Majesty are all the same "Sua Majestade")

So I went back to my camp and collected wood to make more storage and to organize my inventories. Four days have passed when hounds came visit me again. They were welcome since I was in need of fresh monster meat for my cooking.

By now I was satisfied with the overal organization of the camp and looking for something bigger to do. Then I remembered the bunny island. That was a great project to undertake.

Next day I spent chopping trees with the help of my villagers. One more day and we finished.

The next stages of the project were not tailored for the villagers skills and I dismissed them. The next day was spent uprooting trees and collecting wood and pine cones.

I was returning to my camp at dusk when I found my villagers lost in the woods. They were not familiar with the region I and led them home.

The next stage of the project was to remove all webbing and forest turf. Long and hard work. The hound attack was a welcome break.

For the next stage was to remove grassland from near my camp and replace it with the removed forest turf.

Again the hounds provided a much needed break in the hard work.

The next step was getting the bunnies in the old farm for a long walk by the north road with some rest in between and with the help of chester, guide them to their new home.

The last steps were natural lighting and fire pits covering the whole island.

Final result:

Posted Image

Fuel Acquired in the process (stacked):

Posted Image

After finishing the bunny island project I was deserving a break so I took a walk in the grasslands south of my camp.

And I spoted new land:

Posted Image

Without any means of access:

Posted Image

I have to tell His Majesty about it...

Yes! A piece of isolated land. The pefect place for the spiders to thrive without endagering the main land inhabitants.

I rushed to the king and told him about my find.

It was decided that an egg would be planted in the island and we will watch from mainland it's progress. The remining eggs and heads would be stored in my new base to be built southeast of the king's village.

I returned with planks to start building the new base storage but was interrupted by hounds.

Four days later I had all eggs and heads stored. Just in time for another hound attack.

After finishing them off I took the spider egg with me and approached the island. I had to find a way to plant the egg there, maybe throwing it would work.

So I approached the edge and saw... A queen! A queen on the other side and also a den. The island had spiders on it already. So the spider species was safe.

That was good. No spiders in the main land to be alerted of our presence. It was time to reactivate the spider farm.

Posted Image

While at it I noticed a big ammount of bunny holes nearby and decided to set traps on them all to provide more bunnies for the very close bunny island. I ran out of grass and had to restock.

I went to my grass path, a line of grass on both sides of the road that starts and ends in my base and has nearly 3 stacks of grass. It was night when I was done harvesting and in the morning I finished putting traps in all holes surrounding the farm.

Harvest start:

Posted Image

Harvest end:

Posted Image

Episode map:

Posted Image

I have to keep an eye on the spider den to prevent outbreaks and must clear all the webbing as Soon as it appears. Now I must plan the next steps for the construction of the base and the healing of His Majesty's land.

Edit: With all the adventuring done there is only one thing left to do after finishing the base, and I want to do it before the next update. So the last episode of this world will be released by the update with a walk in the world and the use of the escape machine. The next adventure will be with Wendy.

About the base, I am short on stone so there will be less structures than I wanted.

Edit 2: I was not able to change worlds in time and it was good after all. The save was preserved and I could start a new world in the current update. I will wait a couple more days for the update to stabilize then go for the Krampus sack. After that I will pack and leave the world and post the end.

Edited by Avelarius
Updating info.