[Updated] Oil Upgrade Preview Now Available!

4 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

I pay for an early access game, do playtesting for free, and have to show gratitude? What planet are you from?

Off topic, but that came off as extremely arrogant, and quite plainly rude. No-one forced you to accept the (early preview) of features that are not stable yet. I'd keep the attitude in check. Devs have 2 weeks to make it as stable as possible, and I'd expect them to be working furiously on just that. A little appreciation for what they are working on goes a long way...

8 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

I pay for an early access game, do playtesting for free, and have to show gratitude? What planet are you from?

Would it be better if they'd hold the release for another week? If so - you can always revert back to OU and wait until the Oil update is more polished... I personally think it was a beneficial move as it should speed up the polishing process and deliver us a better product more quickly. And based on the amount of hotfixes that followed OU during the first week - the majority of the blunt bugs will be dealt with in a couple of days

• Developer

Alright guys, we're getting a bit off-topic here. If you see a post you consider rude, don't reply to it, simply report it, else the thread starts to derail, and that's no fun.

Thanks for understanding.

And please, report any bugs you find in the ONI Bug Tracker:

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/oni-alpha/

The Klei devs will be able to aid you better in there.

1 minute ago, Michi01 said:

The 162.5 W heat production of the polymer press seems too high, this might be a bug. Is that value a default value that buildings without a specified heat production have? The electric grill had it as well before it was fixed.

Nope they just keep on trying to make buildings have 32 operating kilowatts.
Apparently the space heater having 16 operating kilowatts just isn't good enough.

10 minutes ago, chemie said:

so a new feature is not needed because of a bug?  I think you are being overly harsh

I think Risu is partly expressing his frustration with heavy wire being mostly unnecessary because the way the game is atm (with overload not checking production).

Personally, I just build as if production is checked as well, so the tiles are a welcoming addition.

However, I can see that introducing this new item without changing the checks is a bit counterintuitive.

-----------------

BTW, anyone found a good way to catch a puft with the animal trap?  

So... were plastic tiles suppose to be solid? because they are not solid.

20170921181208_1.thumb.jpg.b401ee1d3ca3be44d02a16aa217142b4.jpg

Edit: Checked the code and they are indeed functionally identical to mesh tiles.
This also lead me to another building added this update that I would rather not spoil.

8000W jesus christ...

1 minute ago, Saturnus said:

It's probably the long awaited smelter :D

I would sure hope so!  But if that's the case, I'd highly doubt it's going to make it for this upcoming patch.

Good to know that they're working on it though (if it is indeed metal refinement).

7 minutes ago, Reaniel said:

But man, 8kW consumption?  Is it part of the Oil/Petro chain or something independent from it?

I didn't want to say more about it but since y'all are making assumptions. Add a "-" to that.

wow.. really a lot of new stuffs in this update.

bigger than the thermal update, when you first introduce new biome.

this 'New "Room" mechanic' is the one that intrigue me the most.

Is this the realization of what have been discussed in the closed testing?

it will be awesome if this mechanic really works out.

10 hours ago, Le0n1des said:

Would it be better if they'd hold the release for another week? If so - you can always revert back to OU and wait until the Oil update is more polished... I personally think it was a beneficial move as it should speed up the polishing process and deliver us a better product more quickly. And based on the amount of hotfixes that followed OU during the first week - the majority of the blunt bugs will be dealt with in a couple of days

I suggested this with the Outbreak Update as there was other bugs that couldve been dealt with but that didnt happen XD.

5 hours ago, The Plum Gate said:

Better build some cooling suits.... tunneling into 87C territory down there. Untapped wells are numerous, slicksters even more so.

I could only find one well and I created a bunch of worlds to check.... what the heck XD was i unlucky??

Archived