Winona's Mending Tape

2 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I think I'm gonna just wait until I see how it actually works instead of just assuming it's going to be brokenly overpowered.

1 hour ago, PillsStealer said:

Let's not make assumptions about her tape.

This taboo you claim where making theories and critical assumptions about theoretical possibilities is a bad thing, doesn't exist, and is a relatively typical recreational and academic subject matter.

However showing up to contribute nothing to a healthy discussion but trying to diffuse it simply because you felt like it, that faux pas is genuine.

3 hours ago, The Curator said:

This taboo you claim where making theories and critical assumptions about theoretical possibilities is a bad thing, doesn't exist, and is a relatively typical recreational and academic subject matter.

However showing up to contribute nothing to a healthy discussion but trying to diffuse it simply because you felt like it, that faux pas is genuine.

No, it's just to me it feels like you're making a mountain out of an ant hill. An ant hill that doesn't even exist yet. It just seems like everyone is over criticizing a piece of content we know almost nothing about.

Oh, and could you cease the exploitation of a thesaurus perchance? Excessive embellishment of your words tends to dispel the illusion of you sounding like an intellectual. It often creates an opposing effect and makes one sound more like an imbecile that is expending too much effort. I've observed your other posts, and you obviously don't speak as such.

Now don't take this the wrong way. I know that might have sounded rather rude, but that wasn't my intent. I just wanted to show you that it can be rather annoying speaking like that. If it did offend you, then I truly am sorry.

This thread is all about personal assumptions of each and every person. It only shows who responds about what do they think about each others assumptions and criticize one another. In this case, we can't criticize it without the update containing it updating all DS games in every single platform compatible. Even yet can you research something that isn't there? Can you measure it? Could you find different uses rather using it as what it is for a piece of content that isn't here.

To be honest this thread gives the idea of the community what would be the mending tape , not what would be the mending tape created by the development team.

6 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

No, it's just to me it feels like you're making a mountain out of an ant hill. An ant hill that doesn't even exist yet. It just seems like everyone is over criticizing a piece of content we know almost nothing about.

I hope i'm not in the over criticism, i like the idea of debating why one option could be better than another, in a gameplay point of view (how the player will react, this kind of thing), but i'm also confident in Klei since there have various option to make the mending tape balanced. (Especially since we don't know exactly what her perk will be).

16 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Making a mountain of an ant hill is a basic element to most theory crafting. Furthermore, it's a speculative recreational discussion that has zero negative implications, which is being made on the eve of the contents arrival when every body is looking to talk about said content. It's a discussion about how the content could and would need to be balanced, there's no condemnation yet because it obviously doesn't exist yet. Beyond that, the topic isn't even centered around that it simply uses it as supporting evidence for the latter half of the post.

31 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Have heard before that if you use big words you're stupid. Does there need to be any further elaboration, the soundness of that logic speaks for itself.

The actual issue with using less commonly used words is the fact that it doesn't translate well into actual conversation. Even if you're some super smart dude that knows these words, a hand full of people may not, and it makes your argument seem less than ideal. Since not everyone will even know what you're trying to say in the first place.

In short, if there is a simple way to get things across it's often the better way so a wider audience can comprehend it.

All I did was share my thoughts on the matter. I guess that's not ok then seeing as it just stir up needless drama. If you guys want to keep worrying about "What if..." scenarios then by all means, go right on ahead. I wasn't trying to stop you. I've gotten bored of this pointless arguing anyway so how about we all just get back to the actual topic instead of arguing about the idea of speculation and theory crafting. Let's drop it and move on.

Archived