Arty Stuff :) (Requests Acknowledged)

AretMaw

I made a Verdant skin for Whyatt :)

I tried to mash the verdant natural/magic theme and the valentine theme into one and came up with this. He's supposed to be like a pied-piper fairy who brings people together with music and all that jazz. (Haha another music pun xP)

I can imagine charlie giving him these powers just to mess with him. The wings are totally fake though, he wanted to complete the whimsical look ^^

The instrument he's holding is a make-shift soprano saxophone. Winona whittled it for him out of living logs when he pestered her to make him a wooden instument.
So I guess you could say it's full of magic or something. 

VerdantWhyatt.jpg

• Like 6

16 hours ago, minespatch said:

The real question is how he's lifting himself up. Is Wes using his mime-magic? Though knowing his music magic, I'm thinking the latter.

The whole outfit gives me Arthur Rackham vibes.

It's all a mystery :)
(I did mention that Charlie gave him these powers to mess with him, that was my thought. She wanted s 'cupid' for the occasion, and we all know how much Charlie loves to make the Constant that tiny bit cuter.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AretMaw said:

(I did mention that Charlie gave him these powers to mess with him, that was my thought. She wanted s 'cupid' for the occasion, and we all know how much Charlie loves to make the Constant that tiny bit cuter.)

No, she gave him the powers for much more vile and lewd reasons to do with a little spider boy and a depressed girl.

Edited by Raspberry Milk
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, AretMaw said:

It's all a mystery :)

5a465ed7241f8_neroswoonsforValentines.thumb.png.ed3547f0388d3fe332f35b160b81c1d8.png@artistcrab's Nero has competition then~:wilson_sneaky:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, AretMaw said:

Could you elaborate? I'm interested to see how so.

Well, it starts with a simple thought, like "I HATE YOU, MAXWELL!" which you then decide to write on a letter. And then that letter gets sent to the king himself, and then he decides to release more hounds, which makes your already chaotic circumstance even more chaotic. Perhaps they even chase you all the way to the dragonfly's nest.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, NightWonder7 said:

Well, it starts with a simple thought, like "I HATE YOU, MAXWELL!" which you then decide to write on a letter. And then that letter gets sent to the king himself, and then he decides to release more hounds, which makes your already chaotic circumstance even more chaotic. Perhaps they even chase you all the way to the dragonfly's nest.

Oh yes I see. It's triggered a very bad event xD

7 hours ago, Raspberry Milk said:

.... Now I'm imagining Winona constantly bombarding Charlie with letters checking how she's doing. Now that I think about that, you should definitely do it. 

Oh yeah, I could imagine she misses her sister. That would definitely make a good comic idea.

6 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

Ah, the classic "What of the Constant had a mailing system?" thing.

They all somehow end with hounds XD

That's a classic idea? O.O

Well, i reckon hounds are among one of the most hated mobs in Don't Starve. Deerclops is a close second for me ( ._.)

4 hours ago, minespatch said:

I feel like I saw this comic months ago. Also, I imagine Maxwell's voice being Mr. Burns from the Simpsons in the final panel.:wilson_ecstatic:

It's probably been done before, but this is the first time i've done it.
Haha, yeah now I can only hear it in that voice xD 

• Like 2

Skins that make you go MMMMM

Survivor: "It hurts more on the inside."

Spoiler

5aa4c3f3c861f_survivorskinwhyattdraft.thumb.jpg.0c241f455804229aad4f6d2c8a750303.jpg

+ some early sketches

Spoiler

5aa4c42148369_doodledump.thumb.jpg.57569e51e26b29f8a1557a582dbbba3a.jpg

Snowfallen: "This spiteful weather is tampering with my sax!"

Spoiler

5aa4c4573067c_snowfallenwhyattnotmerged.thumb.jpg.154d04b53bbd18aec73318a08d537f66.jpg

The ice saxophone is infused with magic so it totally works, don't question it :)

• Like 5

1 minute ago, minespatch said:

Will Whyatt's bare feet be a special skin?:wilson_sneaky:

Did the pig mafia bruise him good?:wilson_shocked:

Snowfallen feels a bit like Wilson's but still carries its own flavor. Love the boots!

Hehe, maybe OwO

Alot of things bruised him. Some of them are there from before the constant. But that hasn't been revealed yet >->

I always carry inspiration from the actual game skins just so i don't stray too far from the idea. Maybe I was thinking about Wilson at the time. Maybe i'm not creative enough ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The boots took so damn long to do, i wanna cri (ಥ﹏ಥ)

• Like 1