Arty Stuff :) (Requests Acknowledged)

AretMaw

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

More like he just got out of Rivendell. :wilson_sneaky: I could actually see Hugo Weaving play Maxwell thanks to this skin.

You gave him dainty legs in this piece.

I doubt he'd be that interested in this game.

Yeah, i kinda rushed the anatomy, but whatever. Dainty legs are fun to draw. Besides. I see him as kinda frail and skinny due to the effects of the nightmare throne.

• Like 1

**INCOMING LOTS OF BACKSTORY READING**

This is my babby boi Whyatt. He's my only Don't Starve OC and this is his reference and story.

Whyatt R. Wagner

- Wilhelm Richard Wagner's Adopted Great Grandchild. (He's a German composer born in 1813)

- Adopted into a poor family that wanted a child who could appreciate classical music. His real parents are unknown but his adoptive ones are the grandchildren of W. Richard Wagner. He was given his name by these adoptive parents because he was never given one by his real parents when they left him at the adoption agency. His middle name which is Richard. (From W. Richard Wagner)

- Disagreeing with his adoptive family line, he believes Jazz is the most superior genre of music. Thus, he gave up the piano he had learnt from the start of his adoption and wanted to play saxophone. However his adoptive family was poor so he had nowhere to get one.

- Luckily, or unluckily, Maxwell provided a saxophone for him (specifically a Tenor). A very special tenor. When Whyatt plays this saxophone, it sounds beautiful to him, but the curse placed on the instrument makes it sound absolutely horrible to everyone else. Thus, he has been accused by certain members of the constant of not being a good musician.

- When he entered the constant, he awoke to his shirt being on fire. He put it out by jumping in a pond but it is now charred at the ends. A certain pyromaniac won't admit to committing this act.

- The clothes he wears are his band uniform. He had just joined a Jazz ensemble a week prior to being taken away to the constant and wore these clothes religiously. (Both for their comfort and because he didn't have many other clothes.)

- Most of his fingers were broken due to a musical related accident. His family couldn't get him to a hospital so his bones healed broken and misshapen.

- Is missing 3 adult teeth in total, specifically his: right central incisor, left lateral incisor, and a left second molar. (Incidents will be explained later)

- He likes to say he went from Classical music to Jazz because he felt more connected with jazz. But really, it's because he was terrified of the piano after the accident and didn't want to play a big instrument anymore.

- He's a big music theory nerd and has composed a few pieces for his self to play. (I may even show you them some day)

- He likes to make music puns, it's his 'key to success' and his 'rhythm to conversation'  he tells people. He never sets the expectation bar high when he talks to others as he knows how it feels to be looked down upon. (Sorry there's 3 music puns in there)

- He can't talk to girls because he feels his combination of red hair, freckles, skinny body and missing teeth makes him unlikable.

- He's usually quietly spoken unless someone offends music. He defends music more than his self.

- He slouches all the time. Not because he's tired, because he couldn't care less about trying to improve his already tainted image.

- He's very clumsy and nervous, his broken fingers make it harder to improve his coordination.

Well that's all i have so far, if you have any questions about his story, i may answer them. Depends on how deeply you're asking.

Whyatt R Wagner Ref 2018 New.jpg

• Like 6

Just now, Raspberry Milk said:

As soon as I look at Nightwonders drawing of him, you post this. Great timing.

Cause I messaged her on Discord.:wilson_ecstatic:

11 minutes ago, AretMaw said:

make music puns

Maybe the Constant grabs people who are really good at making puns?

Poor Whyatt, he seems to be a bad luck magnet.

19 minutes ago, Raspberry Milk said:

As soon as I look at Nightwonders drawing of him, you post this. Great timing.

Haha, well i was waiting for her to post it here. I think she posted it first on Deviantart.

9 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Cause I messaged her on Discord.:wilson_ecstatic:

Maybe the Constant grabs people who are really good at making puns?

Poor Whyatt, he seems to be a bad luck magnet.

I kinda forget to upload things at the same time on different websites >->

I guess it does. They need their sense of humor to deal with the hell island.

He is, sadly, poor thing. His original parents didn't even give him a name :(

• Like 1

"T-this is humiliating. I need a bush to hide in."

---------------------------------------------------------------

I was looking through the mob list in Don't Starve and as soon as i saw the Gobbler I knew it was perfect for Whyatt. So here's his Hallowed Nights skin :)

halloweenWhyatt.jpg

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Imagine the Giblets running after him thinking he's their parent.:wilson_ecstatic:

The facial design really is a nice homage to his hair.

Haha! I should draw that. He would not find that amusing at all! >c>

Aw thankyou :) It's half his hair style and half the gobblers hair style.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here are some sketch things

'Arret Maw' from the Klei Stream

Spoiler

5a8ccb439b20d_arretmaw.thumb.jpg.dd507ff2da922071f0ec0e189a1c1af1.jpg

Whyatt and the Giblets

Spoiler

giblets.thumb.jpg.8f09a3c8f80efdb2b92e02a90b6ca70a.jpg

A really lazily drawn bacon dragon (from the stream)

Spoiler

bacondragon.thumb.jpg.7e52ace8146253b7d949c3a2dc7fc8ab.jpg

I don't normally post up sketches like this because my sketches are pathetic, but eh, i'm doing it. No one can stop me >:)

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, minespatch said:
  • SAM_3109.thumb.JPG.d608a8ce9284c3a6a02f7b1cc57b9ea8.JPG
    57c2ad5a07750_arielIDface.png.e651309f8eda0362b78b112fd7cf90e2.pngI did my attempt.
  • That's adorable! They're so tiny and saaaad. Poor Whyatt will take hours to shrug them off.:wilson_sneaky:

Oh my goodness, is that Webber and a giant maw?? xD Plz explain Mines!

They want their mother! They want his affection! He'll be running away for a couple of hours.

• Haha 1