Your Most Useless Thing In The Game?

11 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

Or cat cap

Hey I have used the cat cap, when I was to lazy to search for beefs and no rabbits where close to me :D. Sadly just the wings of glommer are pretty useless (expect if you use them in a firepit, so its usefull right?). There are items I rarely use, like cat o ninetail (for example for killing butterflys more easily), but most of the items got a use. As a new player you use garland and brezzy vest, later on, when you discover the game, you get more advanced and you know you don't need those items anymore. That doesnt mean those items are useless. It higly depends on the circumstances, when you use which item.

1 hour ago, Sir.Fux said:

Hey I have used the cat cap, when I was to lazy to search for beefs and no rabbits where close to me :D. Sadly just the wings of glommer are pretty useless (expect if you use them in a firepit, so its usefull right?). There are items I rarely use, like cat o ninetail (for example for killing butterflys more easily), but most of the items got a use. As a new player you use garland and brezzy vest, later on, when you discover the game, you get more advanced and you know you don't need those items anymore. That doesnt mean those items are useless. It higly depends on the circumstances, when you use which item.

Doesn't change the fact how worthless it is 

Rain hat.

A rain hat gives you 70% wetness resistance, a football helmet gives you 20% wetness resistance, and an umbrella gives you 90% wetness resistance. Meaning either way you'll need an umbrella, so you might as well just use a football helmet, since a football helmet is cheaper and won't lose durability over time.

now can we please get some football helmet skins?

18 minutes ago, SuperDavid said:

In my opinion stingers are the most useless item in the game because of how you'd have hundreds of them after playing a while & there's no way to get rid of them :(..

Hmm yeah in DST and DS for sure, but in SW they're sort of the opposite.

Glommer goop is great free fuel, especially if you have a lot of flingos to fill. It will burn through a winters night, as well. Especially useful early on when there's not much else to burn but wood, and burning wood should always be avoided. I believe it can also be used as fertilizer.

The whip is mostly just really fun. I use it on the penned guardian pigs whenever they punch someone.

8 hours ago, Mafioso said:

That's just to get rid of them, right? Like a bin? Because I don't remember any benefit from feeding random items to lureplants.

yeah, that is the idea. It is in response to how to get rid of those stingers

Tail_'o_Three_Cats.png

Did anybody remember that this exists?

• Less damage than a spear
  • Crafted with 33% drop chance drops , each from a different biome, 3 of each.
  • Oh what's that, a 20% chance to make common mobs deaggro?? Kinda moot since they can just immediately reaggro.
  • This doesn't actually do anything special to beefalo
  • There are better sources of kink in the game than this petty whip

35 minutes ago, Sketched_Philo said:

Tail_'o_Three_Cats.png

Did anybody remember that this exists?

• Less damage than a spear
  • Crafted with 33% drop chance drops , each from a different biome, 3 of each.
  • Oh what's that, a 20% chance to make common mobs deaggro?? Kinda moot since they can just immediately reaggro.
  • This doesn't actually do anything special to beefalo
  • There are better sources of kink in the game than this petty whip

But my parties

Most useless thing in my game?

Oh, that's easy -- Soooo EASY.

It's ME!  (I'm rarely in for the long haul, enjoy risk and dying, bail on death, and play Wes 'cuz low hunger/sanity/health/damage is just the way I like to roll -- it makes the game challenging.)

Ask anyone who sees me bop in, do something like show up at a basic base on a beefalo, and then sees in chat that I just a minute later died to a frog -- they'll agree.  I'm completely useless!  (in my defense, it was dinnertime in real life and RL me is very good about Not Starving)

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Improved Farms yet. There is so much hate about them (as I know of), and plenty of proof to prove that they are terrible, such as the high cost, and efficiency compared to a single berry bush. (I understand how they are a bit more better looking with disease) In all honestly, food is everywhere, even if you don't use farms.

P.S. Don't start the whole farms debate on me. I've seen it several times, and with all of the evidence for both sides.

8 minutes ago, 4potatoes said:

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned Improved Farms yet.

The moment you read about farms in a "useless things" topic - and your Wicker mindset laughs about it :rolleyes:

Spoiler

farming_wicker

(a friend print-screening me spamming "Applied Horticulture")

*Ahem* a5eh0.jpg

- Tools and survival: I honestly never make or use golden tools.  I did a few times before because my brother kept insisting, but now I just would rather not.  Saddles and Brushes: Domesticating a Beefalo is too much work and doesn't seem worth it in my opinion.  Luxury Fan, I would rather just not.  I can use an umbrella and straw hat to keep my cool if I'm on the surface (I generally camp in caves).  Also, down feathers are better used for a weather pain to be honest  I never travel a lot so an insulated pack is useless; ice box is right for me.  My brother, who travels a lot, doesn't see a need for it either, so meh.  Besides...  Bundling wrap works at well without the waste of gears.

- Portable light: The only portable light that seems worth it is a torch (only at the beginning), Willow's lighter (only at the beginning), and finally a Lantern.

- Basic farm is so useless to me.  I used to use them all the time when I was a noob.  Thank goodness I made the improved farm.

- Science: Rainometer is useless.  I honestly don't care about when it's raining or lightening, and it's mostly a problem in spring anyway.  Ice flingos are a giant waste, much better to camp in caves for summer.

- Fight: the only ones I use are: spear and logsuit/marble suit as my main.  I might use gun powder or blow darts.

- structures and refine: only use walls, chests, and signs.  

- Magic and books: I only use the birds and agriculture books.  Though I use most magic tools (with the exception of one-man band, night light, bat bat, belt of hunger, and nightmare amulet.

-Seasons: I only use a winter hat and thermal stone in winter.  Anything else is a waste of resources.  I only use an umbrella and straw hat for summer and spring since it's a dual purpose combo.  I mostly use top hats or mushrooms for sanity (so no garland or dapper vest).  I also don't use a feather or bush hat.

you can actually feed critters glow berries for portable light (that runs away from fight and also slow enough for you to die, but still helps if you are fishing at summer night)

and cat hat = fashion

and if you can feed stingers to lureplant, that does not make stingers any more useful

13 hours ago, LuxuryHeart said:

-Seasons: I only use a winter hat and thermal stone in winter.  Anything else is a waste of resources.  I only use an umbrella and straw hat for summer and spring since it's a dual purpose combo.  I mostly use top hats or mushrooms for sanity

W77mMo5.png

On 20. 6. 2017 at 0:34 AM, SuperDavid said:

In my opinion stingers are the most useless item in the game because of how you'd have hundreds of them after playing a while & there's no way to get rid of them :(..

I dont think so, What DID YOU USE WHEN YOU DIED that day? Booster Shot MADE OF STINGERS

10 hours ago, brbrmensch said:

and if you can feed stingers to lureplant, that does not make stingers any more useful

he said that there is no way to get rid of the stinger, so i said to him that feed the stingers to the lureplant to get rid of it, which in a sense is a way to get rid of those stingers, which doesn't make it useful.

Archived