[Game Update] - (BETA) 212226

• Developer
  • Large Ornate Chest has a little more loot now.
  • Bone Armor shield effect can now be triggered by damage from explosives.
  • Slurtles and Snurtles will no longer eat Gems over cave holes.
  • Fixed some mouseover and highlighting issues with entities in the Atrium.
  • Fixed mouseover and highlighting issues with Nightmare Lights and Fissures.

View full update

Edited by V2C
Appended with extra fixes
  • Like 15

10 hours ago, StarmanNess said:

@EuedeAdodooedoe should be happy about this.

Actually I'm disappointed. Very disappointed. When @V2C said:

11 hours ago, V2C said:
  • Large Ornate Chest has a little more loot now.

he wasn't kidding; It seems like some things have been made worse now, although there is a bit of strange things going on;

I copied the data files before opening steam to update the game. I copied the chest_minotaur.lua data to an empty note pad. I then opened up my steam and the game updated. I launched and exited, then went back through my steam stuff and into DST data folder, to find that the loot table hadn't changed. Weird. I went to the wiki and found out that the loot table written there is much different from what I had. Since the one I had both before and after the update from my data seemed very much like the one I opened up yesterday (both were the exact same), I assumed that there was something wrong with the wiki's info. Low and behold though, when I tested the game, the loot I got was this:

New_DST_ornate_chest_loot_example.jpg

31 fragments, meaning that the loot tables that I have are both the old ones most likely, since the old loot table couldn't give more than 14 fragments, which is weird, because even now the data gives me the old loot table. I checked the loot table with the DS one and they both were the same. So, my assumption is that the new loot table is the one in the wiki is the new one, and the edit dates seem to confirm this (pages to the wiki here: http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/Ornate_Chest http://dontstarve.wikia.com/wiki/Ornate_Chest?action=history):

old_ornate_chest_loot.png

History_of_loot_table_changes.png

So, if we assume that the ones I have are the old loot tables and that the wiki has the new ones, then... V2C is lying; the loot table overall is WORSE now and here's why:

* Nightmare fuel changed from 5 - 10 to 5 - 8 in loot (extremely minor, but still a nerf).

* Magic gems changed from 3 - 6 to 3 - 5 in loot (extremely minor, but still a nerf).

* Thulecite changed from 7 - 14 to 5 - 12 in loot.

* (worst of all) ancient gems changed from 3 - 6 to 1 - 3 in loot.

* Thulecite crown and thulecite suit are now part of the same loot tables (although whether this is bad or beneficial may be dependent on an "otherswise RNG").

The only positive changes that aren't even that big of a deal seem to be that:

* Thulecite fragments changed from 7 - 14 to 12 - 36 in loot.

Although, the chances of drops are not listed for the ornate chest, so I cannot know what the loot tables actually are. It might be that the place where the loot table is, is actually taken from has been changed and that the chest_minotaur.lua is now a red herring of a file. Perhaps someone could provide code for what their chest_minotaur.lua loot table shows? Mine shows this:

Spoiler

chestfunctions = require("scenarios/chestfunctions")

local function OnCreate(inst, scenariorunner)

local items = 
	{

{
			--Body Items
			item = "armorruins",
			chance = 0.33,
			initfn = function(item) item.components.armor:SetCondition(math.random(item.components.armor.maxcondition * 0.7, item.components.armor.maxcondition))end
		},
		{
			--Body Items
			item = "ruinshat",
			chance = 0.33,
			initfn = function(item) item.components.armor:SetCondition(math.random(item.components.armor.maxcondition * 0.7, item.components.armor.maxcondition))end
		},
		{
			--Weapon Items
			item = {"ruins_bat", "orangestaff", "yellowstaff"},
			chance = 0.25,
			initfn = function(item) item.components.finiteuses:SetUses(math.random(item.components.finiteuses.total * 0.7, item.components.finiteuses.total)) end
		},
		{
			--Weapon Items
			item = {"firestaff", "icestaff", "telestaff", "multitool_axe_pickaxe"},
			chance = 0.5,
		},
		{
			item = "thulecite",
			count = math.random(7, 14),
			chance = 0.75,
		},
		{
			item = "thulecite_pieces",
			count = math.random(7, 14),
			chance = 0.5,
		},
		{
			item = "nightmarefuel",
			count = math.random(5, 10),
			chance = 0.75,
		},
		{
			item = {"redgem", "bluegem", "purplegem"},
			count = math.random(3, 6),
			chance = 0.66,
		},
		{
			item = {"yellowgem", "orangegem", "greengem"},
			chance = 0.45,
		},
		{
			item = "gears",
			chance = 0.33,
		},
	}

chestfunctions.AddChestItems(inst, {{item = "atrium_key"}})
	chestfunctions.AddChestItems(inst, items)
end

return 

Honestly i still feel the loot doesn't reflect the fact that ruins content should be matched for everyone. Dragonfly currently drops greater amount of gems than the Guardian. Makes zero sense to me. Specially when now we even have a fight were Lazy Explorer are actually good to use  and there is no way to be refuel it, and deconstruction or not, we get no gems back! Even with all being renewable i feel we have little orange gems. Just my two cents ;) 

• Like 3

Don't worry about the lazy explorer yet, its beta, Wilson and Maxwell are probably trying to make nightmare fuel fit inside the gem and Charlie is putting gems in all of the Guardian's food, finishing just in time for the big Update ;)

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Tumalu said:

Presumably the loot table is the same (or slightly nerfed as seen) but you, on average, get more of them?

More of loot? I tested it 8 more times to see how good the loot would turn out to be. It seems like 7/9 times the loot was fine in terms of drops, so you're right on that front there.

Spoiler

New_DST_ornate_chest_loot_example_No_2.j

New_DST_ornate_chest_loot_example_No_3.j

New_DST_ornate_chest_loot_example_No_4.j

New_DST_ornate_chest_loot_example_No_5.j

New_DST_ornate_chest_loot_example_No_6.j

New_DST_ornate_chest_loot_example_No_7.j

New_DST_ornate_chest_loot_example_No_8.j

New_DST_ornate_chest_loot_example_No_9.j

However, the fact that they nerfed the amount of loot for each thing you get was just ridiculously unneeded, especially since for multiplayer the loot needs to be much better anyway, considering that the guardian also has x4 health. More players means more loot needed in order to allow more people to enjoy this late-game content.

That and I still stand by what I mentioned in the previous patch topic; make the dweller webs un-dodgable and improve the loot of ornate chests and the guardian chest to something that along the lines of this, if not that:

Ornate chest:

Spoiler

local items = 
	{
		{
			--Body Items
			item = {"armorruins", "ruinshat"},
			chance = 0.2,
			initfn = function(item) item.components.armor:SetCondition(math.random(item.components.armor.maxcondition * 0.33, item.components.armor.maxcondition * 0.8))end
		},
		{
			--Weapon Items
			item = {"ruins_bat", "batbat"},
			chance = 0.2,
			initfn = function(item) item.components.finiteuses:SetUses(math.random(item.components.finiteuses.total * 0.33, item.components.finiteuses.total * 0.8)) end
		},
		{
			item = "nightmarefuel",
			count = math.random(6, 18),
			chance = 0.2,
		},
		{
			item = {"redgem", "bluegem", "purplegem"},
			count = math.random(3,6),
			chance = 0.15,
		},
		{
			count = math.random(12, 24),
			chance = 0.2,
		},
		{
			item = "thulecite",
			count = math.random(4, 12),
			chance = 0.1,
		},
		{
			count = math.random(2, 4),
			chance = 0.07,
		},
		{
			--Weapon Items
			item = {"firestaff", "icestaff", "multitool_axe_pickaxe"},
			chance = 0.05,
			initfn = function(item) item.components.finiteuses:SetUses(math.random(item.components.finiteuses.total * 0.3, item.components.finiteuses.total * 0.5)) end
		},
	}

end

Large Ornate Chest:

Spoiler

local items = 
	{

{
			--Body Items
			item = "armorruins",
			chance = 0.33,
			initfn = function(item) item.components.armor:SetCondition(math.random(item.components.armor.maxcondition * 0.8, item.components.armor.maxcondition))end
		},
		{
			--Body Items
			item = "ruinshat",
			chance = 0.33,
			initfn = function(item) item.components.armor:SetCondition(math.random(item.components.armor.maxcondition * 0.8, item.components.armor.maxcondition))end
		},
		{
			--Weapon Items
			item = {"orangestaff", "yellowstaff", "greenstaff"},
			chance = 0.25,
			initfn = function(item) item.components.finiteuses:SetUses(math.random(item.components.finiteuses.total * 0.8, item.components.finiteuses.total)) end
		},
		{
			--Weapon Items
			item = {"ruins_bat", "multitool_axe_pickaxe"},
			chance = 0.5,
		},
		{
			item = "thulecite",
			count = math.random(12, 18),
			chance = 0.5,
		},
		{
			count = math.random(18, 36),
			chance = 0.75,
		},
		{
			item = "livinglog",
			chance = 0.5,
		},
		{
			item = "nightmarefuel",
			count = math.random(18, 36),
			chance = 0.75,
		},
		{
			count = math.random(6, 12),
			chance = 0.45,
		},
		{
			item = "gears",
			chance = 0.33,
		},
	}

chestfunctions.AddChestItems(inst, {{item = "atrium_key"}})
end

16 minutes ago, Glhrmzz said:

Honestly i still feel the loot doesn't reflect the fact that ruins content should be matched for everyone. Dragonfly currently drops greater amount of gems than the Guardian. Makes zero sense to me. Specially when now we even have a fight were Lazy Explorer are actually good to use  and there is no way to be refuel it, and deconstruction or not, we get no gems back! Even with all being renewable i feel we have little orange gems. Just my two cents ;) 

Considering how little you can use the lazy forager's feature of telepoofing, it's almost as if it's pointless to turn your cane into one, since it losing durability means you also lose the cane anyway. IT being refuelable might be a bit too OP, but if it had something like 50 instead of 20 durability, then it might just be balanced enough for you to telepoof every now and then without too much worry. Otherwise, why even change your cane into that thing if you're just wasting your cane, an orange gem and some nightmare fuel?

And of course, to make things not so annoying late-game to pick up in mass amounts; The Lazy Forager needs to be possible to be refueled via nightmare fuel, like, 33% or so (which means refueled 75 item pick-ups). So darn annoying atm to walk around, holding down space to pick up loot from a hoard of chopped down trees or from geckos in a pen! And it's almost a waste to use it for picking up loot near tentacles, which is when it would be very much needed in all honesty.

@V2C pls...

Edited by EuedeAdodooedoe
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Considering how little you can use the lazy forager's feature of telepoofing, it's almost as if it's pointless to turn your cane into one, since it losing durability means you also lose the cane anyway.

But you don't have to use it last time. 

Just now, Alarsin said:

The point would be +25% speedbonus.

1 minute ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Then it's essentially a walking cane that you might lose very easily by right-clicking. What would be the point in keeping it at 5% anyway?

Making a new cane would be much wiser, since you won't lose it by mis-clicking. For the 5% to actually be used away, perhaps it would be smart if you got the cane back from using it up. I mean, if you're in a world where you only have 1 walrus camp and you have multiple players, it is a bit squished together... I didn't get a cane until day 100 or 200 or so, even though I had played for like 50 days then and I didn't get a tam until way past day 1000, having played over 300 days!

• Like 1