abby flowers dont degrade into normal flowers now?

3 hours ago, maxiaogua said:

I'd say giving haunting immunity to Abigail's flowers would be a better solution.

It would keep a decorative aspect of a base as an option, while removing the utility that is Evil Flowers.

Although in that case I'd feel they'd have to make a new tag for the degraded flowers or whatever.

20 minutes ago, Faultz said:

At this point people just trying to see how many flowers they can cram together for a sanity station

is that a problem?

i say it actually gives a reason to fight the queen cause really bundles are alright  and the jelly is meh  and with this it gives way more use for the crown that most people dont even use anyway it makes the whole server want to actually do a boss klei developed. but nah lets go ahead and keep the cheese of  planting walls and spawning a whole bunch of tentacles around the hive making it so that anyone can fight this hardly fought boss

i mean i wouldnt mind just making it so that we can at least get them to spawn next to each other  so we can have a small field giving some use to the queen crown rather than just being a giant fighter.  just enough to actually warrant getting the crown.

@V2C@JanH I am Keeping a small fuss on how the flowers spawn really is just to give a reason to kill a boss you guys developed.  Yes the station we created was something that broke a core mechanic of the game but did it really have to be completely taken out? I dont mind the stacking actually being removed made it so that we don't have this over powered spot and that is good. But completely taking it out makes it so that the queen really isn't a boss anyone really cares for. Knowing how you put the bundle print with the queen so that people would want to kill her more. However in the action of taking this flower spawning option completely out also makes 1 of the items the queen drops completely disregarded. The bundles are decent the jelly is meh but now the crown is also meh since this change turns from a sought after item into a rarely used situational giant fighter. Of course the devs word is always the last since you are the ones to make this content for us and we have to accept that. But there is also no harm in us players maybe putting some input on changes within the game so that everything actually ends up being settled for players and developers.

I am sure you have seen what everyone has been talking about about stacking flowers and to be honest it was only really effective cause cause you had to stack so many. knowing from my tests and being the creator of such a thing I tested the amount each amount gave. That is why I am requesting to at least make it so that they can spawn as shown in the video. Such a spread makes it so that none of the over powered things can be spammed such as wicker's books. But, it is still enough to have people want to fight the bee for the crown.

3 minutes ago, EsaiXD said:

@V2C@JanH I am Keeping a small fuss on how the flowers spawn really is just to give a reason to kill a boss you guys developed.  Yes the station we created was something that broke a core mechanic of the game but did it really have to be completely taken out? I dont mind the stacking actually being removed made it so that we don't have this over powered spot and that is good. But completely taking it out makes it so that the queen really isn't a boss anyone really cares for. Knowing how you put the bundle print with the queen so that people would want to kill her more. However in the action of taking this flower spawning option completely out also makes 1 of the items the queen drops completely disregarded. The bundles are decent the jelly is meh but now the crown is also meh since this change turns from a sought after item into a rarely used situational giant fighter. Of course the devs word is always the last since you are the ones to make this content for us and we have to accept that. But there is also no harm in us players maybe putting some input on changes within the game so that everything actually ends up being settled for players and developers.

I am sure you have seen what everyone has been talking about about stacking flowers and to be honest it was only really effective cause cause you had to stack so many. knowing from my tests and being the creator of such a thing I tested the amount each amount gave. That is why I am requesting to at least make it so that they can spawn as shown in the video. Such a spread makes it so that none of the over powered things can be spammed such as wicker's books. But, it is still enough to have people want to fight the bee for the crown.

Agreeable,

There is not many reasons to fight her naturally. Even the experienced players who have been here and playing the game the longest are funneled to use a cheese strategy(Tentacles, mass bunny men attack). 

When she was released, she was hard... but she was a worth fight because she was not spamming the amount of grumble bees she spawns now.

1 hour ago, JohnWatson said:

When people think that regaining/losing sanity quickly as Wendy is overpowered. When you could already do that with caps and cacti as any character.

But those you need to gather. 

Cactus deals damage when picked and only exists in deserts.

Mushrooms only come out during specific times of the day and only regrow when it's raining.

The sanity station would give you basically complete control over sanity, boosting it back to full in less than half a minute or going fully insane in even less (which doesn't really matter since we have Lazy Deserters)

46 minutes ago, Electroely said:

But those you need to gather. 

Cactus deals damage when picked and only exists in deserts.

Mushrooms only come out during specific times of the day and only regrow when it's raining.

The sanity station would give you basically complete control over sanity, boosting it back to full in less than half a minute or going fully insane in even less (which doesn't really matter since we have Lazy Deserters

Being able to control your sanity still doesn't matter. It just pesters me how people in this thread all went 'oh this is so overpowered and broken' like it completely breaks all game balance.

Sure, I know being able to easily go insane and sane is a very useful ability, but it's not as powerful as people think it is. It's not overpowered. It's just an ability that's really nice to have.

You also need a Wendy player and a dead player to set it up (not necessarily two different players). Not to mention you also need to kill the Bee Queen first, which has got probably the worst boss fight in the game.

Just now, JohnWatson said:

When did I say that the dead player needs to stay dead forever? Of course you'll need to resurrect that player.

I said that, because you made it sounded like you need two players eg. Wendy player, and dead player when you the wendy player can res yourself with an amulet.

14 hours ago, EsaiXD said:

I am Keeping a small fuss on how the flowers spawn really is just to give a reason to kill a boss you guys developed. 

And I though it was the ability to make others bow that makes the crown great.

1 minute ago, JohnWatson said:

Being able to control your sanity still doesn't matter. It just pesters me how people in this thread all went 'oh this is so overpowered and broken' like it completely breaks all game balance.

Sure, I know being able to easily go insane and sane is a very useful ability, but it's not as powerful as people think it is. It's not overpowered. It's just an ability that's really nice to have.

You also need a Wendy player and a dead player to set it up. Not to mention you also need to kill the Bee Queen first, which has got probably the worst boss fight in the game.

You only need Wendy to create it, every character then benefits, also killing the bee queen is a pretty trivial task. It honestly is exactly as powerful as people think it is, I wouldn't downplay it. This isn't something that has a constant downside like picking cactus or spending time of the game day collecting things.

Any character that has their sanity punished for their perks (Wickerbottom book spam etc) negated by this creation. It allows them to stay active with other tasks and pretty much ignore negative effects via how fast it restores.

Does it really matter in a mostly PVE game where you're supposed to just kind of survive, build bases and kill mobs? probably not. It really only bypasses the need to put time aside in the day(s) for other sources of sanity that were programed into the game for players to use.

One of the main issues I had with this was that the flowers spawned were apart of world regrowth, so malicious people could cause severe performance chugs on servers by shoving all the flowers in one spot and picking them up.

Bug which was fixed for reference:

However, since this was changed, Abigail's spawned flower is of planted_flower prefab type which does not have this happen anymore.

It does still occur a performance cost by having all these entities in one spot, though.

In the most recent stream, the devs made it clear that the performance issues were the reason they changed the ability to spawn flowers on top of each other. They admire the ingenuity of the sanity spas (which is how I like to think of them, since the bee queen hat looks like a turban -- characters should change into silk robes when going there, too!), and then they made one themselves to show viewers how. So that seems unlikely to be "fixed."

Archived