[Game Update] - Year of the Gobbler (LIVE 203538, BETA 203695)

7 minutes ago, Maslak said:

Well, antlions are insects (really interesting ones) so this could help, but will also make it a raid boss... Heh.
Ants are also insects, not sure about lions.

If they have kitty elements, I hope antlions are similar to Beefalo. Imagine a giant insect kitty to cuddle~! IT'd be just like Joltik from Pokemon.

confronting joltik.png

• Like 1

@V2C, You probably aren't allowed to comment on this but, let's be fairly honest, should we be hyped for the grand finale update for AnR? Should we be data mining the absolute daylights out of this game version? Will you be the conductor for the hype train? @nome I heard you are good at hype train conducting.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cookiemies said:

I wonder if Ant-lion is gunna be our so much needed SUMMER BOSS 

Kuvahaun tulos haulle hype overload

I'd rather Dragonfly just spawned in during Summer to make her even harder and make Summer more exciting, I mean, why wasn't this done in the first place? Although Ant-lion as a Summer-exclusive feature would be muy bien.

EDIT: I just realized my profile pic gif and this gif you posted are in a spaz-attack competition :D 

Edited by EuedeAdodooedoe
  • Like 5

Here's a scary thought, what if the Ant-lion can attack you from both above ground and below ground?

Like it's Summer and the Ant-lion spawns and you decide to run underground to avoid getting attacked by it, but after one minute you hear the Ant-lion's roar followed by an earthquake as it goes underground to chase after you once more.  

Pretty much a boss that's difficult for you to run from.

EDIT: But then again, caves in DST are separate servers... so I'm not sure on how that would work. 

Edited by Silxer
Again, with the typos...
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, mochilo said:

Alright everyone, go back to building flingos. Can we say cave summer base is already old-fashioned? :| Or will it be another creepy cave monster, just like earthworms but much bigger?

I'm already scared.

If you look at the base of the silhouette it looks like its coming out of the earth.I highly suspect that this is most likely will be a cave-dwelling creature.Further, I suspect it might have one more form like a flying form.I looked up in wiki and the silhouette looks likes larvae (just my speculation, we will know after 2 weeks :) )

1 hour ago, Silxer said:

Here's a scary thought, what if the Ant-lion can attack you from both above ground and below ground?

Like it's Summer and the Ant-lion spawns and you decide to run underground to avoid getting attacked by it, but after one minute you hear the Ant-lion's roar followed by an earthquake as it goes underground to chase after you once more.  

Pretty much a boss that's difficult for you to run from.

EDIT: But then again, caves in DST are separate servers... so I'm not sure on how that would work. 

That would be a good idea, because most people (me included) go down to the caves during Summer, mainly to prevent burning the whole world down (or wasting resources on flingos)

Edited by NobodyCares69

• Developer
5 hours ago, ivansays said:

Can I adopt the little giblet after the event?

Since i don't really want to get rid of my current pet right now.

<removed my post because I misread ivansys>
The Giblet will stick around after the the event.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, PeterA said:

If you own the Rooslet in your collection, yes you will.

Wait, does this mean that after the event we can't no longer adopt the regular giblet?

Also i guess Rooslet can only be found in the event, so if I don't get a rooslet in time i will never be able to adopt a giblet and neither a rooslet? D:

• Developer
19 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you said that only people with the rooslet skin can adopt a giblet after the event?

Oh, I may have misunderstood the earlier post. The Giblet will stick around after the event.

• Like 3

I dunno about you, but for some reason when I saw the antlion silhouette, my first thought was "Aww, it's ADORABLE!"  But then, I've always been a sucker for fluffy bugs in real life anyway.  : P  (No, I don't pet them...especially not the dangerous ones!)  I'm very much picturing something like the Xanth version of an Antlion here...like, literally half ant and half lion, perhaps in the centaur/mermaid kinda fashion.  I'm kinda hoping it'll be on the surface in the desert...it just kinda sounds like a deserty thing.

Anyway, HAPPY YEAR OF THE GOBBLER, everyone!

yearofthegobbler.png

:D

...Notorious

• Like 5