[Game Update] - (BETA 188729) and Teaser

Who's taking bets on crafting recipes?

I bet that:

The Cartographer's Desk will require 2 boards, 2 papyrus and 1 compass (The pen I would guess be a separate item, requiring 1 Charcoal and 1 Jet Feather to craft and with it you could write your revealed map onto the desk)

The Lovely Decor will require 5 petals, 5 Moon rocks, 4 Silk

The Mooncaller's Staff will require 4 Nightmare fuel, 2 Living Logs and either Cratered Moonrock or blue Moonlens or perhaps just 2 Moon rocks, if we go by the Starcaller's Staff's recipe.

Edit: Also I've notices that a lot of new craftables are oriented towards moonrock and compass usefulness. Question is, why just those two? There's plenty other things that could use some buffs/changes in this game and I remember making a whole list about it in another thread, but not many took a notice of it.

Edited by EuedeAdodooedoe

2 hours ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Who's taking bets on crafting recipes?

I bet that:

The Cartographer's Desk will require 2 boards, 2 papyrus and 1 compass (The pen I would guess be a separate item, requiring 1 Charcoal and 1 Jet Feather to craft and with it you could write your revealed map onto the desk)

The Lovely Decor will require 5 petals, 5 Moon rocks, 4 Silk

The Mooncaller's Staff will require 4 Nightmare fuel, 2 Living Logs and either Cratered Moonrock or blue Moonlens or perhaps just 2 Moon rocks, if we go by the Starcaller's Staff's recipe.

Edit: Also I've notices that a lot of new craftables are oriented towards moonrock and compass usefulness. Question is, why just those two? There's plenty other things that could use some buffs/changes in this game and I remember making a whole list about it in another thread, but not many took a notice of it.

image.pngimage.png

• Like 9

8 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

Do you know what the feather pen or whatever it's called is made up of? Because it's in the recipe of the Map Scroll.

They were dropping subtle hints that a certain mob would "appear" when you picked grass, so i'm assumming this mob will drop the key item for the Map scroll. 

• Like 1

• Developer
10 hours ago, 1v0 said:

I have a question for the update (if it's not too early to ask those that is) will the old clockwork rook/bishop/knight stay in game and co-exist with the petrified ones or removed (same goes for chess/Maxwell set pieces) . Maxwell is my favorite character in DS universe and its a little sad to see this happening to his creations . 

Yes, they will stay! Charlie and Maxwell's marks on the DST world can coexist... relatively peacefully. :)

• Like 13

45 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

I wonder what else will be in the new compass/mapping tab.

A new tab? Oh god, not another new tab! We already have enough as is, Klei! Everything in the game could just be divided into 8 tabs, if we're crunching stuff pretty well, you know. I did the evaluation last night, no joke!

8 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

A new tab? Oh god, not another new tab! We already have enough as is, Klei! Everything in the game could just be divided into 8 tabs, if we're crunching stuff pretty well, you know. I did the evaluation last night, no joke!

Didnt you see the screenshot?

also dont open up the tab thing, im still weirded out by dark sword and suit not being in fight, night light not in light, etc.

• Like 1