Klei Why not join the Dst with Ds ?

I'm seeing too many problems with bugs and the staff complaining about the ds very buggy because of the dlc I was wondering if you put it in the ds and placed the worlds of the single " compatible with the world of dst I would be more cool than to separate the game because that in my opinion separated the people because the ds ta buggy are being charged the more easy in my opinion, was to merge the two and ready you gave the ds to the staff of the dlc's they would buy, and each would have its own content

2 hours ago, mathem99 said:

Klei doesn't appear to give a turd about DS anymore. "BUT THEY ARE APOOTYITRGRTN DS SW TO X-BOXXX AND PS420", Sure they are, BUT I bet they ain't gonna fix ANY bugs on SW and it will be even worse...

Should be mad at Capy for SW.

This is like being mad at Nintendo for Pokemon Go's crappy servers.

6 hours ago, mathem99 said:

Klei doesn't appear to give a turd about DS anymore. "BUT THEY ARE APOOTYITRGRTN DS SW TO X-BOXXX AND PS420", Sure they are, BUT I bet they ain't gonna fix ANY bugs on SW and it will be even worse...

I feel that's perhaps one reason for making an attempt at linking both games. In a sense that they are separate from one another whilst playing and mechanic wise too I guess, but that you can just launch one game and then select multiplayer by clicking one of the buttons. I know this would be hard, but in the long term, perhaps it's a good idea so that single player Don't Starve doesn't die down. And so that people like me can finally say simply "Don't Starve" when I talk about one of my favorite games and not "Don't Starve Together". Or then again it might be a pointless thing to do. I'm not too sure on where I stand with what I feel would be better; leaving them separate or joining them together.

19 hours ago, mathem99 said:

They're a small team with multiple games to support(Don't Starve was one of these games too until it became bigger), who also have real life. SW was not made by them, and the bug fixes by them are another thing they have to deal with now because Capy pretty much abandoned it the moment they rushed it to release, in its broken state.

So you have 2 or 3 other games, console port for one of them, console port for a broken poorly optimized one which also needs fixes and is not even their fault, the development of don't starve together, and later on porting stuff to ds. All of this is Klei's priorities right now IIRC.

In retrospect, it probably was a better idea to merge the two. But hey, they are separated now and it would be a lot of work to merge them. Not to mention that people bought the games separately. How are you going to deal with that?

27 minutes ago, Joachim said:

In retrospect, it probably was a better idea to merge the two. But hey, they are separated now and it would be a lot of work to merge them. Not to mention that people bought the games separately. How are you going to deal with that?

DST would act like a DLC then I guess  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

5 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

That's actually pretty creative. However, new players might be bummed out that they would have to pay extra to access multiplayer features inside the same game. Although Don't Starve Together is precisely that, but I guess psychologically, it may feel different. Dunno.

10 minutes ago, Joachim said:

That's actually pretty creative. However, new players might be bummed out that they would have to pay extra to access multiplayer features inside the same game. Although Don't Starve Together is precisely that, but I guess psychologically, it may feel different. Dunno.

It doesn't have adventure mode and has various mechanics acting differently. Also ruins and caves are a single entity instead of having 3 of each. Perhaps people who buy the two together could get a liiitle discount (e.g. 10%) to encourage purchasing both? Idk.

28 minutes ago, EuedeAdodooedoe said:

It's already done and said, it would be rather pointless to merge them and they have said they wanted to make DST and DS "different" games.

1 hour ago, Joachim said:

DST is actually more like a sequel to DS.  They aren't the same.  The story isn't the same.  The mechanics aren't the same.  The characters aren't even the same.

Also, they were very clear about exactly why they did not merge the two games from the beginning, and the logic behind that still holds.

I understand that people still want fixes for DS (which came out 6 years ago, fyi, and most studios would probably not even be TOUCHING a game that old while actively developing its sequel, but I digress) and they are working on them while also porting DS to various other platforms so people can play them wherever they prefer.

But remember that Klei is a small company w/ a lot on its plate.

I don't understand what all the fuss is about merging DS with DST. If they had been made into one game from the beginning, then that would be one thing, but as has been stated by multiple people above, they are different games. They may be really similar, but DST is essentially a sequel. If Klei wanted to merge the two together then there wouldn't be any problem with that, but at the end of the day (in my personal opinion) it would take a lot of time and effort, and wouldn't change a dang thing. You would only have to boot up one game, but one of them (probably DST) would have to consume the other so that the mechanics were consistent, which would essentially make it into just one of the games (again, probably DST). All it would really end up doing is wasting time and money for a product that we already have. In my own humble opinion. Personally, I would rather see that effort put into something like TTA.

1 hour ago, Mikeadatrix said:

Ds and DST are different. They are sequels. DST is not a DLC and this thread is incredibly irrelevant. -mic drop from mike-

I'm sorry, but you cannot mic drop after saying exactly what I said yesterday. :p

Archived