Quoth143    11,846

Wickerbottom's sleeping animation is the expression of "Oh my god, that thing I did five years ago!"

• Like 2

minespatch    58,489
8 minutes ago, Quoth143 said:

Wickerbottom's sleeping animation is the expression of "Oh my god, that thing I did five years ago!"

What's in THEM's island stays on the island.

Edited by minespatch
  • Like 1

minespatch    58,489
12 hours ago, TheBlob said:

I love the way you draw expressions! :D

Screen Shot 2016-06-26 at 10.27.05 PM.png

Not sure if I scanned this but to make up for no scanned art, here's my first drawings before I worked on that Pines Twins crossover to get a good feel of the design. As for expressions, I got several sketchbooks filled with just faces alone. It really helps me out especially with faces that strike me as interesting. I highly recommend 8fish's "making faces" if you'd like some out of the box techniques for getting stand out faces.

I'll be posting more art tomorrow but today I was busy inking and drawing stuff with my father at Taco bell for a tri-weekly resturant comic writing sessions. Kinda like how Paul Dini and Bruce Timm discuss how to do episodes at fast food joints. The lack of a tv and the conversations is great brainfood than sticking online all the time.

• Like 3

mewthemew    4,113

GAH that dump was so huge I couldn't figure out how to quote just your version of Donut and Ivy :p Just pretend  this is a quote. Thank you!

We need more merps. Hundreds. thousands, even! Or maybe just the one, and the two creature-men can keep the lil guy as a pet or something.

• Like 1

minespatch    58,489
5 minutes ago, mewthemew said:

GAH that dump was so huge I couldn't figure out how to quote just your version of Donut and Ivy :p Just pretend  this is a quote. Thank you!

We need more merps. Hundreds. thousands, even! Or maybe just the one, and the two creature-men can keep the lil guy as a pet or something.

You got it, coming right up after I recover from my sleep needed collapse.

arielgoesayyy.png

• Like 2

mewthemew    4,113
8 minutes ago, minespatch said:

You got it, coming right up after I recover from my sleep needed collapse.

arielgoesayyy.png

Hah! ok ^-^

• Like 1

minespatch    58,489
10 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

The first image is broken for me. The others are pretty good though :)

20160627p2-Apophenia art thread header.png

Here ya go. Image has been screwy for me for some reason, especially when working on the Signature.

14 hours ago, Quoth143 said:

These look awesome! :D

The Jack and Seigfried piece was on my list for a while while the other two were sporadic. Just had to get these jotted down since I felt inspired.

• Like 3

mewthemew    4,113

The mandrake is named Merp, by the way! Did you notice that the two creaturemen sitting together like that kind of looks like a heart?

Oh and in other news, thanks for exposing people to toki-wartoothxx. I just found him out, and he's got a nice style! ^-^

Echo...echo..

Edited by mewthemew
  • Like 2

minespatch    58,489
19 minutes ago, mewthemew said:

The mandrake is named Merp, by the way! Did you notice that the two creaturemen sitting together like that kind of looks like a heart?

Gotcha, will keep that in mind.:wilson_wink:

Nope. I tend to do that theme a lot in my romantic themed art. One of them was this piece I did for my stitchblog:

tumblr_mi7oumCBnu1rf0ceio1_400.png

19 minutes ago, mewthemew said:

Oh and in other news, thanks for exposing people to toki-wartoothxx. I just found him out, and he's got a nice style! ^-^

Screen Shot 2016-06-17 at 1.42.23 AM.png

Toki is mah fwieeeend. Yup, a good boodie, that bud. I wouldn't be on this forum if it weren't for my buddy. My bud introduced me to the game's lore.

Edited by minespatch
  • Like 1

Mobbstar    13,902
10 hours ago, mewthemew said:

Did you notice that the two creaturemen sitting together like that kind of looks like a heart?

I noticed that too. O.o

How dare you put wickerbottom on a head spike, letting her rot like the merm and pigmen.

• Like 1

minespatch    58,489
20 hours ago, minespatch said:

I've been a bad skelly.

arielbadskelly.png

I really am...

On 6/23/2016 at 8:21 PM, JanH said:

Doodle Jam

Doodle Jam

Wilson squees at alchemy piggo.png

I'm going to call this guy "Alchemy Piggo". Until Klei gives him a name, I'm just going to imagine that Wilson just bumped into a potential pupil for his research.

Also I have a question to ask that hasn't been answered:

On 6/13/2016 at 7:02 AM, minespatch said:

How do we combine the words "science and squee"?

Seriously, I want to know.

On 6/24/2016 at 0:36 AM, Bebbit said:

Awesome as usual... I'll make sure to do yet another art reply sometime soon.

And all these video game characters in those badge designs but no Corvo Attano? *GASPU* i'maddictedtodishonoredlately

lanyard 6.png

And you got him @Bebbit, I managed to have a gigglefit over the design and I have no idea why. Also, I tried to play with Wolfgang's fear of the dark but I should've made the matchstick more prominent.

Time for another @Quoth143 tribute section:

tumblr_o9hnocQfmy1rj9mmfo1_1280.png

Saw this on tumblr the other  day and decided to draw my own take on her Mrs Higgsbury:

Mrs Higgsbury finds her son slacking.png

I toyed around with Quoth's description of Wilson's mother's pushing him into the traditional learning system but... It's not that successful. Guess that how we got a dork who keeps describing objects as "thingies". "Man of science".

Albert reminds wilson.png

Quote from Road to El Dorado. The way Quoth writes the siblings makes me think of Miguel and Tulio. Though I think one of my favorite lines from the film really screams "WILSON". Though I'm shocked, the screengrab I originally took of the scene didn't get Albert's mouth right when I was drawing the frame freehand so I had a lot of attempts before rewatching the scene to get the mouth and eyes just right.

arielgoesheh.pngRedrew this:|D.png

I think this new emoticon will suit me while referencing this emoticon: |D

the nightjerk hunts.png

Finally, a update on a old species I've been toying around with in my Stitchpunk days.

It's called "The Nightjerk".

Originally, Nightjerks were basically stitchpunk zombies with H G Wells Morlock class structure element. Pulling souls from the aether to make more nightjerks whether insane or almost with sanity.

I decided to turn them into a type of shadow that pulls ghosts to transmit the nightjerk influence. Making other nightjerks. This way Abigail has a threat in her path besides the rest of the gang. Tried a awkward two legged stance in the curvy frame, but then added a third leg. The third leg would've made this NSFW so I then made it a taur type lower half. Then added the skeletal ribcage with spinal collumn to add more twists.

Decided to leave the paper texture in due to the cheerwine soda's red accidental spill adding a neat touch when I sharpened the image.

SAM_1629.JPGSAM_1632.JPG

Decided to take some selfies with Gizmo. It's really hot this summer- Where's my pants?

• Like 3

minespatch    58,489
7 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

Ooh, Regular Show.

Yup, big fan. I connect with Benson a lot(Skips is my second favorite[Techmo is third]). I hate how the fandom flanderizes the guy as volcano fire everyone guy.

7 minutes ago, DragonMage156 said:

And is that skeleton wearing what I think it's wearing?

Cap, vest, glasses, laminated don't starve sheet, mechanical pencil...? How could it not be me~?arielgoesayyy.png

Well... Yeah. The captain cap belongs to my father. He used to cosplay as historical soldiers and Dr. Scott from Rocky Horror from time to time(even was on the show a couple of times).

Mobbstar    13,902
12 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

I was actually referring to the vest. It looks like Wilson's :p

I thought Wilson is wearing a polo shirt, knowing his personality. O.o

• Like 1

minespatch    58,489
On 6/29/2016 at 10:59 PM, MenaAthena said:

9CKB2CV.png

just replying to this before I have to gO TO BED AND MISS LIPTON'S STREAM *dies*

also I love how ordinary my clothes are to you guys. Toki has like a star skit and zig-zag belt and hair hat. MP has like this fancy-ish get up and a Scottish beret. I just have a plain ol' t-shirt 'n jeans. Yep.

ariel tries to apologize.png

And then they deeeed. Poor Toki-doke. @MenaAthena

On 6/29/2016 at 10:09 PM, toki-wartoothxx said:

Welp. @minespatch got themselves into the box of shame. Surprise.

Box of shame 2.png

ariels uses pun powers.png

Little did @toki-wartoothxx know that my pun powers I got from my father affect the fourth dimension. Just like Larry from Teen Titans(which will be retconned whenever someone retcons me... I guess.).

On 6/24/2016 at 0:06 PM, DarithD said:

Ohboy.png

Oh boy.

I feel shame for breaking Wendy's personality :(

Spongebob interrupts Wendy's escape.png

@DarithDA Surprise Tom Kenny attacks!

It's fun to give Charlie a sense of fear from wacky antics. I wasn't sure if that tiny blob at the back of the shell was a whale or bird, so I went with bird.

On 6/29/2016 at 0:02 AM, WPH said:

Also, here's a Whitford.

yxgrIN8.png

whitford does a successful conjur.png

I'll color this tomorrow but here's Whitmore, @WPH. I like how developed his design is. He stands out and really makes the original William outfit work for him. Wanted to channel that one scene from TNBC where Jack Skellington opens the bottle and butterfly pops out.

Wilsonwith a living hat.png

Saw a old piece in my gallery and decided to let wilson wear this hat. I've seen several people drawing wilson with top hats from the game so why not this eldritch abomination.

• Like 4