Maxwell's Playground

LadyD

Art was gasping for breath next to a tree as the others took down the bird and killed it. She rubbed a terrible stitch in her side as she limped over to examine what was left of the bird.

"Wow... um... lunch is served?" She tried to joke and a bubble of hysterical laughter rose from her chest and erupted from her mouth. She laughed because it was either that or cry. Finally she clamped two hands over her mouth to stop the sound coming from her lips. She looked at the mess and everyone and once she felt sure she could trust herself spoke again
"That was kind of terrifying. Maybe we should make camp somewhere else? Somewhere safer?" 

Maxwell was disappointed and rather upset. He made a resolution- tonight he would knock them all out and take all the guns. This was simply not how he wanted things to go. He should probably also take their swords. Honestly this was ridiculous, normally he took those things off them at the start, how had he over looked it this time? 

• Like 1

Between gasps for breath, Matthew managed to respond to Conner with a shaky "Yeah." His head was swimming and his legs felt like they were made of rubber, but at least he was safe from that bird monster. Unbeknownst to him, a single, purplish blotch was beginning to form on one leg, where he had hit a stray piece of flint during his fall.

Edited by WaddleDee

Bell was kneeling down beside Mathew, checking him over to see if he was alright. She saw the blotch on his leg and fumbled around in her coat fora long strip of cloth which she wrapped around the injury. Then she helped ease him to a sitting position and put the straw hat back on his head, which had fallen off in the chase.

11 hours ago, Youknowwho said:

(Good luck on knocking out a robot.

WAIT DON'T USE A MAGNET YOU KNOW WHAT THOSE DO)

futurama_1_2_07.jpg 

Oh boy there we go with the country music!

Halan looks at Art

"Uhm...If we really want to change spot for the base, we should at least wait till tomorrow. Let's get this gfood ready first. Also, I've left the cooked carrots and berries on a rock slab. You are free to take them."

Edited by DwerBomb
  • Like 5

Sylvia tenderly touched her tail, flinching. The tip of it had been pecked, so she had lost most of her white fur, and her jeans were sliced open, along with her leg.

"Don't suppose anyone has a sewing kit? And some clean water?"

Matthew looked up at Bell, a sparkle of admiration in his eyes. Between making him a hat and bandaging his leg, she was turning out to be a very kind girl. His breathing had roughly returned to normal, so he was able to speak again. "Thank you. You're really nice."

Art looked at Halan.
"You are right. I am being hasty..." she admitted and looked around taking stock of everyone. TOM was giving Arca a back rub. Tim looked no worse for wear, Red was holding a shoulder. Matthew was with Bell and they seemed to be sharing some moment. Sylvia looked hurt and was asking for water but they only had the pond at this stage. 
"We can boil some of the pond water to clean it... um I don't have any medicine Squirrel.. sorry what is your name again?" Art asked having forgotten peoples names again. She went over to the fire and added some more wood. The problem of what to carry water in so that it could be boiled was troubling. 

"Is everyone okay?" She asked the group and looked at everyone slowly as if she could see all their injuries just by looking at them.
"What the hell kind of bird was that anyways?" she asked and tried to laugh it off. 

"Cars...? I am sorry to ask so many questions, however... I am not sure what that is either. Could you educate me on that...?" then Art asked if everyone was okay. "Yes yes, I am more than okay... but, how about you, Art...?" Arca asked in a very relaxed voice.

"I see!" Arca put her wings back like they normally were, and got up. "Ahh, they feel so free! And so... responsive!" she tested her wings by going up and spinning a few meters, which looked very coordinated. Then she slowly got back to the ground. "I thank you very much, T.O.M. That was very enjoyable. I suppose I should pay you, at least!" Arca reached for her pocket and got two Eli out of it, and handed them to T.O.M. "Here. It has been a long time since I had a good massage."

(Good luck taking Tim's sword and gun, lest  you plan on taking his whole arm off.)

(Or I can start a sub-plot where Tim goes on the search for clockworks, rebuilding his arm and adding on the special attacks from each clockwork slain to his new arm.)

"I have a blowtorch if we need to boil water." Tim said, pulling out his finger-sized blowtorch.

Edited by Chris1488
  • Like 1