Maxwell's Playground

LadyD

Hearing all the screams and panick of the others, Hal stopped doing whatever he was doing and starts looking for them. After seeing the tallbird he throws the piece of flint he was using into the creature's eye 

"TAKE THIS, YOU, Thing!"

(Dammit Dwer, you ninja'd me!)

(I'm not sure where Red is right now so I'm just gonna write this as if he's still next to the fire)

Red was slowly coming to. His muscles contracted as he sat up. Oh that was a bad idea he thought. As his eyes focused and ears tuned in, he realized everyone was in great peril. He gasped and struggled to his feet. He then saw the tall creature chasing the others in the distance. Damn tallbirds! he thought. He saw Tim in the tree and it gave him an idea. He picked up a couple stones and ran toward it.

"Hey stick legs!" He said throwing the stones at it. A stone hit the side of its head, causing the tallbird's head to whip around at Red. "Why not try and catch me, bird brain!" he said, then turn and ran. The Tallbird pursued. Red ran as fast as he could to keep ahead of the tallbird but he was gaining fast. I hope this works. Red then bolted for the nearest tree and shot up it. The tallbird stopped and scanned the tree. He screeched and flapped his wings. Not knowing where his prey went he turned and decided to chase the others again. Red popped out. "Hey, flappy bird! Aren't you gonna come find me? Or are you too chicken?" The tallbird turned around with rage. He ran at the tree and pecked at the branches. Red played whack a mole with the tallbird. The tallbird was loosing. As he got more and more frustrated, the bird knocked the tree down and stuffed his head in the branches. Red was trapped.

(Whew long post. This took a while to write. Also, Red is in a birchniut tree just so you know. Was gonna be a pine tree but decided it didn't quite work).

Edited by DragonMage156
Got ninja'd and fixed a grammical error.

"A bird! Small wings, unfortunate. Why are you running? There is nothing to be--" just when she said that Art almost got pierced by the tallbird's beak. "...A bird of war, rather!" Now it was fishing out Red from a fallen tree. "Worry not, Red! Hiyahh!" Arca leaped onto the bird's back, clinging onto it as if it were a bull and started pulling back.

Art was impressed how brave the others had become, she scrambled to a halt as the bird went after Red and then suddenly Arca was trying to ride it. 
"What are you guys doing? RUN!" Art said and she ran over to Slyvia and tugged on her arm.
"Get away from it!" She said trying not to run away and abandon them all. 

As soon as the bird saw Art again it forgot about Arca who was riding it and made a beeline for Art again.
"Whaaaa!" Art said and ran away from Slyvia. The Bird went after Art with a kind of depraved dedication. Maxwell let out a whoop of laughter, this was brilliant. When they tried to redirect the bird he steadfastly set it after Art again. This was turning out to be more fun than he anticipated. 
Art weaved and dodged as she ran but the bird just kept after her no matter which way she tried to go. Art wanted to ask why it seemed to hate her above all else but she had little breath except to run with. She was not exactly the fittest person on the planet and just a few minutes of this had left her feeling breathless even as the chase continued. She feared that the bird was going to wear her down and then peck her to pieces. 

((Maxwell has set the bird to go after Art or Matthew, whichever is closest. To maim but probably not kill, not yet anyway)) 

Edited by LadyD

Conner stopped. T.O.M tackled the bird and Conner decided to try and help. He took out a flint and tried to stab at the bird legs while not being pecked. Hopefully that would stop it from chasing them and he wouldn't get hit.

Sylvia checked her sights and fired off three shots. The bird squawked and kicked at her, slicing her jeans open and causing her to hiss in pain. The bird then pecked at her, and it took a few hairs off her tail.

-Beat-

Edited by Dannyrulx

"Ahh! T.O.M! What are you--" Arca managed to yell before the robot tackled the tallbird. She fell off in a backward somersault. "Owch..." she said while massaging her head. She quickly got back to her senses and stood up while drawing her sword at it. "Okay now... what is it we should we do?" 

"We murder it brutally."

"Very, very brutally."

Sylvia began walking at an even pace towards the tallbird. Just as she got near it, she leapt up,grabbing onto the tallbird's leg. From there, she tore at the feathers around it's knee, revealing flesh and bone. Clinging on, she pulled out her pistol and fired into it, causing the creature to stumble over, crippled. She did the same process to the other leg, and kicked the bird in the beak for good measure.

(I was gonna use some classic Kitsune abilities, but since Kitsune can be absolutely GODLIKE, probably not the best idea)

Sylvia walked to the tallbird's huge eye, and killed it. She brought the eyelid down, and slowly reloaded her pistol. "To kitsune, tails are sacred."

"What I did would be considered merciful in the eyes of quite a few of us."

"Hey it's ok you did what you could, anyway the bird's dead now so we should be fine. I would have tried to do that same thing but well I'd probably would have been killed heh," He said trying to give a reassuring smile.

Edited by Mezukie

"Hahaha! Do not worry, you did not harm me. In fact, that was great of you! Well done." Arca told T.O.M. She looked at Halan who just walked up to them. "And you too! It is very brave to take on an enemy much larger than yourself."

"Ah! You bleed! What has happened to you? Does it hurt?" She closed her eyes, took a deep breath... and reached for her wings. "Ack!" 
"...Here! Clean it with these." Arca handed Halan two of her feathers, trying to hide the stinging pain.