Maxwell's Playground

LadyD

"me, brave? Ahah...I wish. I only threw a thing at it. You are brave! Oh, and bleeding...? *looks at his hand* I-It's nothing!"

*Arca hands him her feathers*

"A-ah! You...you didn't have to do that...that must have hurt..."

*he accepts the gift*

"thank you"

• Like 1

Red emerged from the tree, clenching his right shoulder. He was a bit hurt and scratched up but nothing too serious. That bloody bird! he thought. He looked around wondering where it went. He then saw a large black feathery mess a little ways from him. Sylvia seemed to have just finished her work. She really did a number on him, huh.

He glanced over at the others and saw Arca lying on the ground as TOM massaged her wings. Halan was bandaging his hand after having cut himself earlier. And everyone else was just resting or tending to their wounds after a battle like that. Red thought he should do the same.

Matthew blinked a few times to find he was lying face-down in the grass. Was the bird gone? He had been running from the bird, and then Art had let go of his hand, and then he'd fallen. The rest was a blur of noise and light. He stumbled to his feet, almost falling again out of sheer exhaustion.